4-4-2 = No success

rfc_no1fan

A 4-4-2 with a decent striker i wont object to.

A 4-4-2 with Kris Boyd as the main man, i will object to.

Today, he was totally awful. I've missed a few games and i was expecting to see this striker who comes short and runs the lines. He came short (sometimes) but his line running was non existant.

I await abuse, but Kris Boyd is the definition of mediocre.

Why's he top scorer?

The SPL is a mediocre league, and he does it against mediocre teams.

Two of Scotlands best centre halfs? Nah, he isnt going to do it.

Neither did Kenny effing Miller. I didn't want to get into a Boyd debate but his partner was just as bad today, lets drop the two of them! :rolleyes: Our problem today was how poor the team were collectively, no particular individual peformances were to blame, all 11 were as was the manager.

Oh and the SPL is the mediocre league we're trying to win so i couldn't care less about the quality of the teams, its the league we play in that we've just handed Celtic 4 in a row of.

The two of them are mediocre, let's face it. There seems to be a Miller/Boyd divide on here.

Only at current day Rangers would the best striker at the club be brought in from the cold and then sold 24 hours later. No worries, Andrius... Vel..Nack.. what's his name? Velicka? Ahh that's the one.

Cousin's start that day probably was to put him in the shop window, clubs do it reasonably often these dats,

Yeah, it had nothing to do with the fact he had done them over twice before.

Today, he was totally awful. I've missed a few games and i was expecting to see this striker who comes short and runs the lines. He came short (sometimes) but his line running was non existant.

Why's he top scorer?

Neither did Kenny effing Miller. I didn't want to get into a Boyd debate but his partner was just as bad today, lets drop the two of them! :rolleyes: Our problem today was how poor the team were collectively, no particular individual peformances were to blame, all 11 were as was the manager.

Oh and the SPL is the mediocre league we're trying to win so i couldn't care less about the quality of the teams, its the league we play in that we've just handed Celtic 4 in a row of.

The two of them are mediocre, let's face it. There seems to be a Miller/Boyd divide on here.

Only at current day Rangers would the best striker at the club be brought in from the cold and then sold 24 hours later. No worries, Andrius... Vel..Nack.. what's his name? Velicka? Ahh that's the one.

Cousin's start that day probably was to put him in the shop window, clubs do it reasonably often these dats,

Yeah, it had nothing to do with the fact he had done them over twice before.

Hey, i know that was a good decision. Cousin was always wanting to go, maybe i'm wrong about the game putting him in the shop window but either way i don't think he was ever going to stay.

No width, No movement and more importantly no penetration

Thats down to the personnel, not the formation, already made my views on the striking partnership clear in the strikers thread

The partnership caused problems today, especially in the first half when we, as a team, played the ball on the deck and played football

we were completely disarrayed after their goal and all of our strikers looked useless, thats the cue to start berating boyd though (tu)

Why's he top scorer?

This is exactly the point TMW is missing. Sure, Boyd's failed against timmy overall. I think most would agree with that. But it's the bread and butter games which win you the league. The consistent runs against meagre opposition - these rack up the points.

The SPL is what we want to win so if we have a guy who fails to score in 4 games out of 44, that will do me, frankly.

Why's he top scorer?

This is exactly the point TMW is missing. Sure, Boyd's failed against timmy overall. I think most would agree with that. But it's the bread and butter games which win you the league. The consistent runs against meagre opposition - these rack up the points.

The SPL is what we want to win so if we have a guy who fails to score in 4 games out of 44, that will do me, frankly.

So, he can sit out the Celtic games then.

No coincidence that when Miller has a poor game, Boyd has one too. Miller has done all the hard work this season and Boyd has been reaping the rewards. Time for him to step up and help his team mate out when he is struggling and put in a team performance. Not too much to ask for every now and again is it?

Fine by me.

No coincidence that when Miller has a poor game, Boyd has one too.

Miller's had 3 poor games in a row, actually. He's experiencing a lull in form. Didn't hurt Boyd too much V Hibs did it?

Miller has done all the hard work this season and Boyd has been reaping the rewards. Time for him to step up and help his team mate out when he is struggling and put in a team performance. Not too much to ask for every now and again is it?

It isn't, hence why Boyd has tried much harder this year to do exactly that - come deeper, lay the ball off, make a few runs and work harder to get it back.

He isn't ever going to be great at this stuff, but he does try now.

Fine by me.

Miller's had 3 poor games in a row, actually. He's experiencing a lull in form. Didn't hurt Boyd too much V Hibs did it?

Miller has done all the hard work this season and Boyd has been reaping the rewards. Time for him to step up and help his team mate out when he is struggling and put in a team performance. Not too much to ask for every now and again is it?

It isn't, hence why Boyd has tried much harder this year to do exactly that - come deeper, lay the ball off, make a few runs and work harder to get it back.

aye, but danny, that doesnt matter when he misses a sitter doh

Fine by me.

The "sitter" as you call it has nothing to do with it. It was the one and only time he got inbehind the Celtic defense, took a good touch and made Boruc make a good save.

Was his overall performance acceptable? Did he impress? Did he do enough to prove he should be played in the big games for Rangers?

If the answer to any of those questions is anything other than a "NO" then you are lying.

He could have scored today and he would still have had a poor overall performance. Scoring a goal does not automatically mean you have played well and in some games this season his poor performances have been overshadowed by his goals.

Fine by me.

The "sitter" as you call it has nothing to do with it. It was the one and only time he got inbehind the Celtic defense, took a good touch and made Boruc make a good save.

Was his overall performance acceptable? Did he impress? Did he do enough to prove he should be played in the big games for Rangers?

If the answer to any of those questions is anything other than a "NO" then you are lying.

He could have scored today and he would still have had a poor overall performance. Scoring a goal does not automatically mean you have played well and in some games this season his poor performances have been overshadowed by his goals.

That goal would have won us the game probably, like his single goal v hibs won us the game

he did impress in spells today, if you didnt see it, you are blind