1. 1. PS3 or XBOX ?

• PS3
    • XBOX 360
  2. 2. COD 4 or COD 5

• COD 4
    • COD 5

• 3 weeks later...

I've never played an x box before so its pretty one sided for me

COD5 is amazing, the levels online are far better too. The old guns are the only slight drawback but its better than #4

I was under the general impression that the ps3 was the better console by far but the xbox was cheaper and had more games. Thats what the guy in comet said but that was probably coz he wanted me to spend more

The PS3 is more expensive, has worse versions of almost every multiformat game, and has far inferior console exclusives. This isn't just my opinion wither, it's the opinion of most industry professionals and journalists.

Of course things are more complex than black and white, and if you value blu-ray then it might just tip the balance in favour of the PS3 overall, but I just can't see why any hardcore gamer would choose PS3 over 360. I really can't. I'm not one for 'bias' either, I regard the PS2 as the best overall games console ever and I'll definitely pick one up eventually when I feel they are worth the money. For me this is probably going to be sub £100 though basically because I'm not that interested in blu-ray. I want to like the PS3 I really do. But I just don't see the point in it. I just see it as an overly expensive, over-rated white elephant and judging by the extremely disappointing sales figures for it I'm not the only one.

Should probably say that should i ever want a Blu-ray player then the PS3 is still the player to get and it's not as if I'd start projectile vomiting blood if I were to have a PS3, there's not that much between the two. It's just one machine costs £200 more than the other and is noticeably worse performance-wise...