Murray has had the last 10 years to prove he is the BEST man for Rangers

Tontospal

Noone can argue that he gave us success in his first 10 years.

The problem was that the domestic dominance and European failures (92/3 apart) was at a price and could have been achieved at a fraction of the cost.

His financial mismanagement and the resulting mess is his legacy 10 years on.

We all enjoyed watching Gazza. Laudrup etc but it is not unfair for the fans to assume and trust that the club was being run on a prudent basis. Yes we had superstars but I for one thought, at the time, that we could afford them.

Murray has been chasing his tail in the last 10 years and the club is a shambles on and off the pitch. This period has proven that he doesn't have a clue, or perhaps even the desire, to make the mess right.

It's well past the stage of him falling on his sword.

Rangers are in a mess, not because of the economic situation, which is a convenient excuse but because the wrong decisions have been made on and off the park in the last 10-15 years.

I have no doubts given the current standard of Scottish football that Rangers could win the SPL with a group of players that cost far less than the present numpties if they are scouted, coached and developed properly.

Murray's time is up and the sooner he leaves the better.

The problem was that the domestic dominance and European failures (92/3 apart) was at a price and could have been achieved at a fraction of the cost.

We all enjoyed watching Gazza. Laudrup etc but it is not unfair for the fans to assume and trust that the club was being run on a prudent basis. Yes we had superstars but I for one thought, at the time, that we could afford them.

Murray has been chasing his tail in the last 10 years and the club is a shambles on and off the pitch. This period has proven that he doesn't have a clue, or perhaps even the desire, to make the mess right.

Rangers are in a mess, not because of the economic situation, which is a convenient excuse but because the wrong decisions have been made on and off the park in the last 10-15 years.

I have no doubts given the current standard of Scottish football that Rangers could win the SPL with a group of players that cost far less than the present numpties if they are scouted, coached and developed properly.

Sir David has actuyally said yesterday he would be delighted to leave.......

Sir David has actuyally said yesterday he would be delighted to leave.......

Yes and he also keeps saying tha he can't find a buyer and that he won't be difficult to deal with.

Yet, when he had found a buyer HE pulled the plug at the last minute because HE didn't think it was in the best interests of the club to proceed.

The man is an arrogant, egotistical ****.

What we now need are solutions. Doesn't matter who from but there don't seem to be many as divides deepen.

Murray owns the club so only he can solve the problems.

I would love to have a go at either running the business or coaching the team but I wil never get that chance.

The problem is he wants out and no organisation can hope to prosper when the leader has chucked it.

And you think that is a bad thing ?

What, that he courted a prospective buyer all the way to the altar and then pulled out when they were about to exchange rings?

I don't trust Murray.

Why, did he pull out at that stage and not before if he thought the buyer was not right for Rangers?

I would imagine that trhe truth is nearer the fact that Murray does not want to give up what he sees as his club, particularly to someone who might do a better job than he has.

What we now need are solutions. Doesn't matter who from but there don't seem to be many as divides deepen.

I would love to have a go at either running the business or coaching the team but I wil never get that chance.

The problem is he wants out and no organisation can hope to prosper when the leader has chucked it.

Make yourself £700 million then you would be in the same position as Sir David and deserve a shot at running the club……

Of course he has to take responsibility and is to blame for the current problems but if we're to protest then we must offer alternatives as well.

When Celtic fans protested in the 90s they had an alternative and a focal point to rally round. We have neither.

I hope the people behind the protest are working hard on that as that may be the only way to apply real pressure to Murray and the apathetic majority.

Of course he has to take responsibility and is to blame for the current problems but if we're to protest then we must offer alternatives as well.

When Celtic fans protested in the 90s they had an alternative and a focal point to rally round. We have neither.

I hope the people behind the protest are working hard on that as that may be the only way to apply real pressure to Murray and the apathetic majority.

Frankie here is a problem for me.

If you want to buy the club why would you jump into bed with the RST whose goal is supporters ownership, surely a conflict of interest there……

Our problems now go far deeper than Murray.

Finacially it's his job to run a successful business to the best of his ability and to hire personel to help run it.

Walter came back to steady the ship when in turmoil and was rewarded with large sums of cash to wit he has squandered millions on overpaid mediocre players.£11m at least has been wasted..IMO le Guen would have done alot better with just that amount

The coaches don't seem to be doing their job either..why can't a team of apparantly gifted players take a free kick or corner

.Why is Kris Boyd allowed to run only 2km per game if lucky,

why have we 3 wingers yet they are never played,

why have we dead wood to be shipped out playing in the first team..

.Why have we 2 of the most talented youngsters in Britain(danny wilson and john fleck) yet they don't play in place of Adam,McCulloch,Dailly,Broadfoot,Lafferty etc..

We need a clear out from top to bottom ,from the Chairman to the players and start again.We know we have little chance of the league again and maybe for some time so clear the decks,get the boys in,get new coaches in.

If you want to buy the club why would you jump into bed with the RST whose goal is supporters ownership, surely a conflict of interest there……

Working with the fans provides immediate credibility for any buyer.

Does the RST provide that given their recent record? I'm unsure but if they have enough high-net worth supporters and other credible backers then any prospective buyer will certainly be interested I'd have thought.

Working with the fans provides immediate credibility for any buyer.

Does the RST provide that given their recent record? I'm unsure but if they have enough high-net worth supporters and other credible backers then any prospective buyer will certainly be interested I'd have thought.

Working with the fans yes but as i say surely the RST goes against it's core principles if they encourage another single owner of the club......

I think the view of the RST outside the RST has declined in recent times, and i say that as an ex member who would much rather see them in a strong position within the club than a weak one.

Working with the fans yes but as i say surely the RST goes against it's core principles if they encourage another single owner of the club......

That is true but I guess it would depend on the situation. A single buyer may bring something to the table that can catalyse debate.

I agree the problems have not been brought about by the credit crunch .The problems seem to be a lack of structure

regarding team building ,player recruitment ect.

A MCleish was employed by rangers during an apparent attemt to downsize the club. In his first full season he won

the treble with dick advocaats team,this team was then disbanded and purchases made to replace at less cost.

This gave us the delights of capucho,emmerson ostenstad to name but three.The team mcleish built faltered and the next

season another raft of players came in prso ,novo,boumsong .the transfer of boumsong in the january allowed us

to make a couple of signings which kept the team competitive enough to win the spl on the last day.

However we were left in the same situation we are in at present with players we need to get rid of

and who do not want to leave,in the past we payed players off to get rid this does not seem an option

at the present due to our financial problems.

As i see it we must get rid of the deadwood, hedami,beasley,daily,mcculloch,adam.All of these players are available

plus a few others these would be a start which would reduce our wage bill.If we were to sell 1or 2 of our stars

the money raised if between 4 and 6 million would reduce wage bill give us some funds to get rid of previous named

deadwood as a short term soloution.

Long term, shorter contracts for players more emphasis on scottish talent and youth,and the realisation that we can only realisically

compete at levels our finances dictate.These or any soloutions will not happen overnight therefore unity is required

and not what seems to be manifesting itself at the present moment between the club and the various fan groups.