Linesmen and offside calls

Swagger

How many fucking times do they get it wrong. I thought the forward was supposed to be given the benefit of the doubt - game after game they are getting it wrong and Rangers seem to be getting hit more than most

Probably the decision i have least complaints about. Its humanly impossible to get it right all the time as you need one eye on the exact moment the ball is played 50 yards away and another on the striker at the exact moment its played.

Its ridiculously impossible actually. (tu)

How many fucking times do they get it wrong. I thought the forward was supposed to be given the benefit of the doubt - game after game they are getting it wrong and Rangers seem to be getting hit more than most

Probably the decision i have least complaints about. Its humanly impossible to get it right all the time as you need one eye on the exact moment the ball is played 50 yards away and another on the striker at the exact moment its played.

Its ridiculously impossible actually. (tu)

I don't think anyone expects officials to get every decision spot on...We just expect them not to give wrong decisions so often...

They make less mistakes than our players and get much much much more right than wrong. (tu)

As i said, offside is one of the most difficult decisions to give due to the exact ruling and speed of play. (tu)

We're not comparing players to officials <cr>

I'm not suggesting they give more wrong decisions than they give the rights ones...I am saying they get far too many, important ones wrong, resulting in teams being punished.

They make less mistakes than our players and get much much much more right than wrong. (tu)

As i said, offside is one of the most difficult decisions to give due to the exact ruling and speed of play. (tu)

I'm not suggesting they give more wrong decisions than they give the rights ones...I am saying they get far too many, important ones wrong, resulting in teams being punished.

And im suggesting they have an impossible job and take stick when they make less mistakes than our £500,000 per year players and managers whose multiple errors ALSO result in us, the fans, being punished.

when you think about it, it is a hell of a task for them.

(tu)

Its crazy r4eva. They would need live Sky+ Pause in their brain to work out the milisecond the ball left someones foot 50/75 yards away to look along the line and see if someones nogging is a baw hair ahead of a defender.

You could do a lot worse than look at the rule and make it "clear daylight" between the striker and defender, if that makes sense. they would still get some wrong but less often.

And im suggesting they have an impossible job and take stick when they make less mistakes than our £500,000 per year players and managers whose multiple errors ALSO result in us, the fans, being punished.

What we are asking for is not impossible...Everyone knows wrong decisions will be made, I have not seen anyone on here suggesting otherwise...

It is not impossible for referees and officials to be more consistent and fair. At the moment, if they are in a position whereby they are unsure, they will just raise the flag or blow the whistle which apparently is the wrong way of going about these types of situations.

Stop deflecting the fact that our referees are very very poor. Which league do you officiate for? :P

What we are asking for is not impossible...Everyone knows wrong decisions will be made, I have not seen anyone on here suggesting otherwise...

It is not impossible for referees and officials to be more consistent and fair. At the moment, if they are in a position whereby they are unsure, they will just raise the flag or blow the whistle which apparently is the wrong way of going about these types of situations.

Stop deflecting the fact that our referees are very very poor. Which league do you officiate for? :P

League of Ire..... I mean am no a ref ya kunto........ :P

:cheers: