Nothing much has changed IMO we still need a win and a draw against celtc

Tontospal

Assuming that we will at least match the number of points won by celtc against the other teams it will come down to the old firm games.

Going in to the game today we were 2 points behind. This meant that we needed to gat at least 2 points more than them from the old firm games - 2 wins or at least a win and a draw.

We are now 4 points behind but with a better goal difference. Assuming that we maintain the better GD and we at least match their points against the other teams this means that we still need at least a win and a draw from the old firm games.

Despite everything else the main reason we lost the title last season was the 0 points from 6 points in the back to back old firm games.

Assuming that we will at least match the number of points won by celtc against the other teams it will come down to the old firm games.

Going in to the game today we were 2 points behind. This meant that we needed to gat at least 2 points more than them from the old firm games - 2 wins or at least a win and a draw.

We are now 4 points behind but with a better goal difference. Assuming that we maintain the better GD and we at least match their points against the other teams this means that we still need at least a win and a draw from the old firm games.

Despite everything else the main reason we lost the title last season was the 0 points from 6 points in the back to back old firm games.

Its the attitude of this team plus the tactics and personnel employed by the manager that worries me.

We play at a pedestrian pace and always just want to do enough and no more. We never seem up for it. We never look like we are going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and hit someone for six. We lack fight and guts and I for one blame a lot of this on Ferguson as it seems to me we were doing fine before his return.

Its the attitude of this team plus the tactics and personnel employed by the manager that worries me.

We play at a pedestrian pace and always just want to do enough and no more. We never seem up for it. We never look like we are going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and hit someone for six. We lack fight and guts and I for one blame a lot of this on Ferguson as it seems to me we were doing fine before his return.

I can't disagree with anything you say.

I always feel that any club will struggle to be successful if it means more to the fans than it does to the manager and players.

Sadly, it is evident to me that this is the case with Rangers and the manager abd players are hiding behind the financial mismanagement off the park. This despite the fact that none of them are exactly on the breadline whilst it is the fans who are being short changed over and over.

Agree 100%, this is such a bizarre and dangerous tactic when it plainily obvious that we are not good enough too deploy and win in this manner.

I agree with OP we need 4 from 6 in the up and coming OF games, but can we go into these games with any confidence that can we deliver when it is clear we have serious problems with consistancy and an apparent disgraceful lack of desire and agression - and I mean this from the Managers tactics right through to the players application.

If we match Celtic in every other game, and then get 4 from the old firm games then we'll still be 1 point behind. They get a point for the draw too

Well spotted. :blush:

lol ;) no bother. you had me confused there for a minute