Best ever individual performance from a Rangers player?

TMWWBK

My top five

The Goallie in every game v the scum and v Leeds away, quite unbelievable goalkeeping from Andy.

Gazza v Aberdeen when he won us the league.

Lauders v Hearts cup final

Coops v scum in Skol cup final, beating 5 defenders with keepy uppies, true genius.

Ray Wilkins v scum in 5-1 game, totally controlled the match and scored a stunner.

:D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think remember that performances vs Hearts. Did Laudrup not nutmeg rousset from a cross? haha. Durie got 3 I think.

More recently...McGregor VS Werder Bremen? One of the best goalkeeping displays I have seen, bar Goram vs Celtic. THAT save he made to touch the ball onto the bar was amazing. Although the team were trying their best to prevent attacks, they couldn't cope, but McGregor just wouldn't let anything past him, apart from their goal of course.

how can you compare that one save of mcgregors to that of gorams agaisnt pvh and the taming of the cantona

Buddy... it's about a 'performance'. McGregor's performance v Bremen in a Euro tie was as good or better than ANY match Goram ever had. Period.

Sure Goram vs PVH point blank... excellent.. but a 90 min performance like AM? Nope.

Goram v McGregor? At the moment Goram. But that's not the point of the thread. It's about a performance. Tell me...

Which Euro performance did Goram have that was better -- and more important -- than AM? As for OF matches. AM will get there.

Are you being phuckin serious?

"Which 90 minute performance?" How about the game we robbed them at Parkhead with a breakway Laudrup goal when they were camped in our half for 90 minutes. In fact count every game at parkhead in the space of a few seasons.

Goram v Leeds away cannt be touched by McGregor - FACT I also think you'll find this was to get us into the 'bigger' European competition.

And as for your "at the moment" quote .................... IF McGregor had as good a season as last for THE NEXT FIVE YEARS then I'll even THINK about comparing them.

And just to throw another point in there, I reckon they are both level in terms of blatant goalkeeping errors ..................... yet McGregor has another 5 seasons or so to play!

How about Shaggers performane v Werder Bremen and THAT save that put us through. Wattie said it was the best goalkeeping performance he'd ever seen.

Was just about to post that! He was superhuman, i was obviously on a promise if he got us through :rolleyes: