Best ever individual performance from a Rangers player?

TMWWBK

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my personal belief was that michael mols had not suffered that injury agaisnt bayern after 25 minutes, we would have witnessed one of the greatest ever performance by a ranger. Even though we lost, that game is still in my top 5 rangers games in the last 22 years. Goram agaisnt leeds away deserves a shout way better than klos or mcgregor.

The Mols injury robbed us of a truly world class performer that was Mols before injury.

A wee spanner in the works here......

No were near the best ever individual performance from a Rangers player but it was his best individual performance in a Rangers jersey.

Sebo against the jungles, the 1-0 game when big Ugo scored, he rag dolled that sellik back line about like a sack of tatties that day and burst that fanny Elvis's napper open and for that i will be for ever grateful. (tu)

Nowere near the best ever individual preformance from a Rangers player but it was his best individual performance in a Rangers jersey.

Sebo against the jungles, the 1-0 game when big Ugo scored, he ragdolled that sellik back line about like a sack of tatties that day and for that i will be for ever greatfull. (tu)

Thats one of the things we are missin Mate the nuisance factor, that was the key to the 4-2 win Cousin threw that fanny away like a raggy doll and scored. Wee Fleck has that attitude, that big prick Wilkie had a go at the boy because of it. But we need more like that not just one player. :sherlock:

Nowere near the best ever individual preformance from a Rangers player but it was his best individual performance in a Rangers jersey.

Sebo against the jungles, the 1-0 game when big Ugo scored, he ragdolled that sellik back line about like a sack of tatties that day and for that i will be for ever greatfull. (tu)

Thats one of the things we are missin Mate the nuisance factor, that was the key to the 4-2 win Cousin threw that fanny away like a raggy doll and scored. Wee Fleck has that attitude, that big prick Wilkie had a go at the boy because of it. But we need more like that not just one player. :sherlock:

Youre right mate we huvny got a big blood and guts Centre forward like we did wae the likes a Hately and even big cousin.

aye i know what ye mean about wee Flecky that hes got that "bite" about him like many of our players had during Smiths last term, ye know the ones i mean the guys like yer Ian Fergusons and Stuart McCalls who could put there foot threw somecunt then go and actually play football and take no shite from anyone on that park. (tu)

Brian Laudrup in the 95-96 Scottish Cup final against Hearts?

The last time a truly world class foreigner graced the Scottish game? Laudrup was at his peak when that game came and for me, he was a £30M player. He was simply breathtaking all afternoon. Two goals and three assists, even if Hearts had the (then) best rearguard of Sammer, Desailly and Seaman, they still wouldn't have stopped him. Gilles Rousset must still get nightmares of that day.

Maybe Gazza against Aberdeen in 96?

We're toiling, but then Gazza comes into his own and starts going through Aberdeen like a hot knife through butter. Gazza is my favourite ever Ranger, and that virtuoso performance is why. He displayed British flair mixed with raw technique and talent. It was that good even his finishing gets took for granted, shooting that Shearer would've been proud of.

Barry Ferguson in the 01-02 Scottish Cup final?

So we go into the game and as per, we start playing the better football. O'Neill instructs his makeshift hatchet man for the day (Chris Sutton) to take our most dangerous attacking threat out (Claudio Caniggia) and all of a sudden the game's up in the air (because yes, we would have rattled them that day if Caniggia remained on the park). Anyway, for the majority of the second half performance we absolutely pounded them, with Ferguson at the epicentre. The free kick was the cherry, but his performance was a masterclass that day. He built us the platform for the win.

Or Carlos Cuellar in Tuscany?

What can you say about that performance? A one man iron curtain. Prandelli should have told his team to keep the ball on the deck because really, nothing was going to get by Cuellar in the air that night. He was totally flawless and it's arguably the greatest Euro performance i've seen from a Ger. Simply breathtaking.

Honorary shouts go to Ferguson's 'owning' of Matthaus in the Olympic Stadium and Ronald De Boer's debut against Sturm Graz.

So what's yours? Looking forward to some of the replys from the 'older' Bears. :)

Gazza Aberdeen 96

Youre right mate we huvny got a big blood and guts Centre forward like we did wae the likes a Hately and even big cousin.

aye i know what ye mean about wee Flecky that hes got that "bite" about him like many of our players had during Smiths last term, ye know the ones i mean the guys like yer Ian Fergusons and Stuart McCalls who could put there foot threw somecunt then go and actually play football and take no shite from anyone on that park. (tu)

Thats the very ones ! (tu):sherlock:

Ones which i dont think have been mentioned, more recent ones but deserve a mention.

Waterus vs Celtic in i think what was hus debut .. 2-0 ( vignal novo ) he was amazin tht day.

Ferguson in the 3-0 game last year was outstanding.

My vote goes to Carlos in Tuscany! if only he took the winning penalty, he deserved it

How about Shaggers performane v Werder Bremen and THAT save that put us through. Wattie said it was the best goalkeeping performance he'd ever seen.

tht whats sprung to mind when i saw the post i dont think its the winner but omg! tht save was incrdible!

how can you compare that one save of mcgregors to that of gorams agaisnt pvh and the taming of the cantona

Buddy... it's about a 'performance'. McGregor's performance v Bremen in a Euro tie was as good or better than ANY match Goram ever had. Period.

Sure Goram vs PVH point blank... excellent.. but a 90 min performance like AM? Nope.

Goram v McGregor? At the moment Goram. But that's not the point of the thread. It's about a performance. Tell me...

Which Euro performance did Goram have that was better -- and more important -- than AM? As for OF matches. AM will get there.