Test Cricket: West Indies v England

Briton

Surprised there's no thread about this, Andypendek must be away. :) Fantastic performance by the Windies again to pull off an unlikely draw and well deserved punishment for typical English negativity. Ludicrous to bat on until they were 500 odd ahead and it serves them right that they ran out of time.

Surprised there's no thread about this, Andypendek must be away. :) Fantastic performance by the Windies again to pull off an unlikely draw and well deserved punishment for typical English negativity. Ludicrous to bat on until they were 500 odd ahead and it serves them right that they ran out of time.

i don't like cricket. i hate it.

Guest Andypendek

I'm a bit annoyed to have missed the action, but the sky was bitchin for some hardcore stargazing at Paisley Observatory.

I'm a bit annoyed to have missed the action, but the sky was bitchin for some hardcore stargazing at Paisley Observatory.

Really? I keep promising myself that I'll get into astromony but haven't got around to it.

As for the Cricket...England can still win it but they've thrown this one away IMO.

Very interesting. Thanks for your input.

Very interesting. Thanks for your input.

no problem.

Cricket's brilliant.

I find it purely a Scottish thing to write it off without actually 'trying' to get into it.

The 2005 Ashes were absolutely astonishing.

Absolutely.

An example of a conversation between me and some of my mates:

'did you see the cricket yesterday mate?'

'nah, cricket is shite'

'have you ever even watched it you daft cunt?'

'nah, it's shite.'

Unbelievable ignorance.

I feel sorry for sports fans who don't like Cricket. All those stats they're missing out on. ;)

On the Scottish thing. I once heard Gavin Hamilton say in a radio interview that more Scots actually play the game, as a percentage, than the English.