Why dont we join English conference alongside Celtic?

Gers4lyf

i fear scottish football will never be great again and we will rot with it, if we dont try something like this.

its only just over an hour to carlise so the travelling is not that bad but

i do agree with you about opening a can of worms like, dutch team to germany etc

no risk, no reward!

Scottish football can be good again, Scotland can be good again and we will be good again, we just need a bit more belief and a bit more support from everyone, there are too many divides and agendas in this country. Its not about money, thats a myth being pedalled by those who dont understand whats wrong.

We will not rot at all, us or the game, fans compare our game to the EPL and La Liga because they are on our tellies all the time, the fact is we are a small nation who are fighers, they are huge countries with phenomenal resources and facilities, we punch above our weight and always have in the past, its only in the last 10 - 15 years its declined, and its not financial, i would say its the influx of mediocre Johnny Foreigners and a reliance on 'a name' rather than a kid with ability.

Carlisle yeah, but Plymouth, Pompey and Dover? No thanks.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, the likes of Hamilton and St. Johnstone are much more of a draw. Scottish football is on the way down, and we are getting dragged down with it.

Typical attitude and obstacle we are face in Scotland. This negativity, its so sad.

They are much more of a draw than playing Halifax or Exeter for the following 3 years!

Its not on the way down at all. Dont swallow the bile being spewed by the media who are hurting as their beloved Hoops cant get near a depleted Rangers Football Club.

(tu)

Scottish football can be good again, Scotland can be good again and we will be good again, we just need a bit more belief and a bit more support from everyone, there are too many divides and agendas in this country. Its not about money, thats a myth being pedalled by those who dont understand whats wrong.We will not rot at all, us or the game, fans compare our game to the EPL and La Liga because they are on our tellies all the time, the fact is we are a small nation who are fighers, they are huge countries with phenomenal resources and facilities, we punch above our weight and always have in the past, its only in the last 10 - 15 years its declined, and its not financial, i would say its the influx of mediocre Johnny Foreigners and a reliance on 'a name' rather than a kid with ability.Carlisle yeah, but Plymouth, Pompey and Dover? No thanks.

i was meaning if carlise can do it so can we.

i agree with just about everything you said but i still think england is the answer,

the game is ruled by money now and the the scottish game is stale.

Winning an even less competitive league. Great.

years ago i knew someone who went out with liewells brother.

desmonds plan was to get them in the epl and move then to dublin :)

out of our country and out of our league double bonus.

ofcourse we wont see either being allowed. wimbeldon already tried to move to dublin and the epl arent interested

I'd genuinely be up for this if we got a guarantee that we'd be allowed into Europe. Don't care about the English cups in fact I'd prefer to be involved in the Scottish ones still.

I would gladly see them piss off to the english leagues or go home to the irish leagues because that is where they feel they belong fuck the old firm tag bring on the hearts,hibs et al to the challenge to be top dog in Scotland for teams who are Scottish !

Typical attitude and obstacle we are face in Scotland. This negativity, its so sad.

They are much more of a draw than playing Halifax or Exeter for the following 3 years!

Its not on the way down at all. Dont swallow the bile being spewed by the media who are hurting as their beloved Hoops cant get near a depleted Rangers Football Club.

(tu)

What are you going on about the media for? Open your eyes and take a look at the crowd against Kilmarnock, for instance. If it wasn't for the CCCS, the crowd would have been even lower. The product on offer is not seen as being good enough and people are voting with their feet. It's not only that match, crowds in general are declining year on year.

But why would that apply to us anymore tha any other club in a lower league? nothing can be guaranteed in football, ask SDM.

because we are a vastly bigger club than for example Blackburn or QPR etc, clubs which have recently gotten rich new owners.

You think we would struggle to attract financial backing?

Absolutely. Right now, for the price Murray is asking, we are a very attractive proposition and no one wants us. Our brand being in England, maybe more appealling, but having to spend x amount of years working our way up fromt he very bottom, im not sure any billionnaire would have the patience, time or effort for that. And i dont want us to be about buying over rated players at over priced rates and on crazy wages, its not right.

We have a work ethic which has served us well throughout our history and its about working hard and trying our best to be the best. The support we have had throughout the years from fans has made it easier to be successful, which we are.

The dream that Murray sold us all on of buying to get what we want, has failed, it didnt work and i doubt it ever will work. Barcelona havnt went out and bought a new squad, i would say 90% of tehir team came through their ranks and they have worked hard, trained hard and been brought up to be the best. Winners growing old together. Its not about being able to splash the cash. Look at Real Madrid, they have been spending hundreds of millions over the last 10 years or so and have won next to nothing.

England is a large country with so many huge clubs, many rich clubs and a good few big clubs who have spent big and ended up almost ruined.

We are better off without English football and funny money.

We make enough from our own brnad in our own country to be successful, we just dont spend the money right. Our debt being a prime example and the fact we have paid off tens of millions of pounds worth of duds in the last 10 years.

Imagine going to England with Bain and Murray still here making the same mistakes they have made in the last 10 years? No chance, no thanks.

(tu)

What are you going on about the media for? Open your eyes and take a look at the crowd against Kilmarnock, for instance. If it wasn't for the CCCS, the crowd would have been even lower. The product on offer is not seen as being good enough and people are voting with their feet. It's not only that match, crowds in general are declining year on year.

My eyes are open, £20 for a Monday night game v Killie is ridiculous. Its not the fans fault, the fans are there, they just dont buy into whatever is putting them off whether it be poor negative football or high ticket prices.

Crowds are decling but in real life, ALL luxuries are getting more expensive but peoples salaries are not rising in relation to price inflation, far from it. Some peoples salaries are going down and some are being made redundant, yet the price of petrol, football tickets, concert tickets, everything, you name it, an Asda shopping trip, trip to the cinema, they are all rising. People cant afford it.

i was meaning if carlise can do it so can we.

i agree with just about everything you said but i still think england is the answer,

the game is ruled by money now and the the scottish game is stale.

But they cant, they struggle, they are a small club who have had NO success.

Money will ruin the game down there, its coming.

Absolutely. Right now, for the price Murray is asking, we are a very attractive proposition and no one wants us. Our brand being in England, maybe more appealling, but having to spend x amount of years working our way up fromt he very bottom, im not sure any billionnaire would have the patience, time or effort for that. And i dont want us to be about buying over rated players at over priced rates and on crazy wages, its not right.

We have a work ethic which has served us well throughout our history and its about working hard and trying our best to be the best. The support we have had throughout the years from fans has made it easier to be successful, which we are.

The dream that Murray sold us all on of buying to get what we want, has failed, it didnt work and i doubt it ever will work. Barcelona havnt went out and bought a new squad, i would say 90% of tehir team came through their ranks and they have worked hard, trained hard and been brought up to be the best. Winners growing old together. Its not about being able to splash the cash. Look at Real Madrid, they have been spending hundreds of millions over the last 10 years or so and have won next to nothing.

England is a large country with so many huge clubs, many rich clubs and a good few big clubs who have spent big and ended up almost ruined.

We are better off without English football and funny money.

We make enough from our own brnad in our own country to be successful, we just dont spend the money right. Our debt being a prime example and the fact we have paid off tens of millions of pounds worth of duds in the last 10 years.

Imagine going to England with Bain and Murray still here making the same mistakes they have made in the last 10 years? No chance, no thanks.

(tu)

It's only you who has mentioned billionaires and buying over-priced players. Murray's way isn't the only way. Investment can come in different forms. Money is only one part of it. Ambition and a clear plan of what is needed for improvement are just as important.

What's to stop us following the Barca model as opposed to the Real one?

My eyes are open, £20 for a Monday night game v Killie is ridiculous. Its not the fans fault, the fans are there, they just dont buy into whatever is putting them off whether it be poor negative football or high ticket prices.

Crowds are decling but in real life, ALL luxuries are getting more expensive but peoples salaries are not rising in relation to price inflation, far from it. Some peoples salaries are going down and some are being made redundant, yet the price of petrol, football tickets, concert tickets, everything, you name it, an Asda shopping trip, trip to the cinema, they are all rising. People cant afford it.

I understand that money is tight, but at the end of the day if it had been Celtic, it would have been a sellout. People are picking and choosing what games to attend due to the shite they have to watch, as much as financial reasons.

It's only you who has mentioned billionaires and buying over-priced players. Murray's way isn't the only way. Investment can come in different forms. Money is only one part of it. Ambition and a clear plan of what is needed for improvement are just as important.

What's to stop us following the Barca model as opposed to the Real one?

Its not only me, its everyone, they think going to England will mean players at £5,6,7,8m, £10m, even more, clueless fans buying into the media hyped baloney from the EPL.

Ambition and a clear plan is what we need RIGHT NOW in our current form, in Scotland, if we are managed right(and i dont mean Walter, i mean above him), we can be very healthy as a club and business.

Murray and Bain have proved yera on year they cannot do it for us and cannot take us further, we must be the only club in the world who could have a year of "record turnover" yet our debt rises in the same year. Its disgracful how our club has been run in the last 10 years. The money we have pissed up against a wall makes me want to boak.

Our managers philosophy of the games probably stopping us mate? He may be going in the summer but his successor knows only his way to go about things, i dont expect anything to change, i fear he will take the "Ecks Scotland" approach and try and continue the same way as Walter has.

Its a refreshing change to have a decent conversation with someone on here without the usual dismissive insults coming out from them.

(tu)