The Bears Den is becoming embarrassing.

Dennis

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly think we have the squad/players to play fast flowing football every week?

You don't need Messi and Iniesta in your team to play nice football. I'm not expecting for us to play like Brazil. Just simply keeping the ball on the deck, playing with wingers, and never ever playing 2 holding midfielders. Simply changing the formation to 4-3-3 or dropping McCulloch would be a start.

Winning and playing nice football are not mutually exclusive

I do agree with your statement, but what is getting done to remind the club of our ambition?

Nothing! Smith and the players are getting an easy ride with everyone jumping on the big bad Lloyds bandwagon, whilst shrugging their shoulders, and we continue to stumble on.

Nobody at Rangers gives a fuck about the thoughts of the fans because.......well, they don't actually have any. What really struck me was the indifference after losing to the filth in our own backyard. Baffling.

people are going on about smith not signing anyone (except healy) as if he's done it on purpose. do u think walter smith is happy about it either?? he feels the same as us pissed off.

but thats down to dick advocaat and david murray trying to make this club the best in Europe.

If anyone watched the Arsenal Huddersfield match today, you'll see a team in the third tier of English football passing Arsenal off the park at times. If that had been us, we'd have played 5-4-1 and barely left our own half. Walter Smith has never cared about exciting the fans and fair enough, he's been successful, but it's time for a younger man with less Draconian ideas about how football should be played

If i was given a choice right now 'Walter stays for 3 more years and you're guaranteed 3 more titles' or 'A new man comes in, changes the style of play, but you're not getting any guarantees about success' i would choose the latter every single time. It's time for a change

Nothing! Smith and the players are getting an easy ride with everyone jumping on the big bad Lloyds bandwagon, whilst shrugging their shoulders, and we continue to stumble on.

Nobody at Rangers gives a fuck about the thoughts of the fans because.......well, they don't actually have any. What really struck me was the indifference after losing to the filth in our own backyard. Baffling.

Indifference?? From who?

Very well said.

gave you a thumbs up sir

since smith mentioned that the banks "were running the club" him and the players have had it easy compared to the bankers

that starting 11 today cost us (or the bank)

alexander free

whittaker 2mill

bougherra 2mill

weir free

papac 700k

davis 3.5

mcculloch 2

edu 2

naismith 2

lafferty 3.5

jelavic 4

just short off 22million, yet people claim the banks dont release the cash to spend on the team

doh

You obviously dont read match threads.....

You know what I mean though- the team dont get as much stick when things are tight as they did a few years ago- if we werent comfortable by about 55 minutes hutton and adam etc would start getting it tight. We'll always be a demanding support, because our fans have grown up with and are used to success. But i think the support recognises the majority of this squad have a really good attitude, will roll the sleeves up and dig in.

take lee mcculloch for example, he's grown up a bluenose, he'll never shirk a tackle and gives everything every week, like all of us would given the chance.

its just a shame he's pish.

Indifference?? From who?

While I think there was more 'indifference' that Casey suggests, like today, it was all batted down by those who think Walter can do no wrong by using the old 'but look what he's won in the past' line.

We always slag the tims for basing everything on '67, but perhaps we should take our own advice. When we lose games and/or play shite, Smith will get it in the neck.

people are going on about smith not signing anyone (except healy) as if he's done it on purpose. do u think walter smith is happy about it either?? he feels the same as us pissed off.

smith chose to spend 80% of his transfer budget on a single player, not the banks or the fans

he did

He also signed 2 duds and paid a massive loan fee for a boy who he doesn't trust in big games

good point also (tu)

but he's won us things in the past, so let it slide

know whats the worst part of this, big eck got it even tighter taking us to the last 16 of the CL while under more severe financial constraints

If anyone watched the Arsenal Huddersfield match today, you'll see a team in the third tier of English football passing Arsenal off the park at times. If that had been us, we'd have played 5-4-1 and barely left our own half. Walter Smith has never cared about exciting the fans and fair enough, he's been successful, but it's time for a younger man with less Draconian ideas about how football should be played

If i was given a choice right now 'Walter stays for 3 more years and you're guaranteed 3 more titles' or 'A new man comes in, changes the style of play, but you're not getting any guarantees about success' i would choose the latter every single time. It's time for a change

maybe just maybe considering everything and take it all in here when i say this, to throw away any success no matter how we go about it and under what circumstances, to do it your way by playing good football but not winning titles aint gonna benefit rangers now or in the future, its these titles that carry us as a club going forward, helping to pay the debts, if you would happilly give up winning things for pretty football in this day and age of such financial mess you would end up seeing us in a worse state than now, untill we are free from these financial restraints its about winning with what we have, if you want free flowing attacking footy go watch barca. if you want change go pay the debt, if you wanna give it a rest regarding your whafflings ill be more than happy

maybe just maybe considering everything and take it all in here when i say this, to throw away any success no matter how we go about it and under what circumstances, to do it your way by playing good football but not winning titles aint gonna benefit rangers now or in the future, its these titles that carry us as a club going forward, helping to pay the debts, if you would happilly give up winning things for pretty football in this day and age of such financial mess you would end up seeing us in a worse state than now, untill we are free from these financial restraints its about winning with what we have, if you want free flowing attacking footy go watch barca. if you want change go pay the debt, if you wanna give it a rest regarding your whafflings ill be more than happy

i can see your point, but right now the SPL title is bragging rights only, the lack of auto entry to the group stages makes the title almost worthless unless you can cobble together 3 decent aggregate results and make the champions league

what i would love to see is us winning the league this year, getting it right up that rat bastard lennon, then spending a couple of seasons building a long term plan of young lads that have shown they can compete

yes it is a massive risk in terms of winning the title, but by giving the young lads 2 seasons of working together and learning together you could effectively dominate for the next decade

why do rangers always go for the short term fix, the beggars have nothing in reserve anymore, but we have some good young lads that deserve a chance together

if i was given the chance to pick a system and team for one game at ibrox, i'd try this

Shagger

Papac (sweeper)

Bougherra A youth prospect

Whittaker--------------------------Wylde

davis-edu-Ness

Naismith

Jelavic

I dont know any young centre halves at the club, but surely we must have 1

then one your subs bench you have alexander, fleck, cole, hutton, kerkar (if he's any good) and then one of many strikers that are apparently good prospects

give this team/squad a few seasons together and i think we'd dominate for a decade, and also any replacements needed would only be 1 or 2, not like the squad overhaul we'll need to do this summer

Chef once again resorts to petty, adolescent jibes like "you go pay the debt yourself or stop whining about poor football" rather than saying anything remotely enlightening

Yeah, no team with money problems has ever played good football

A team containing the likes of Whittaker, Davis, Naismith, Weiss, and Jelavic couldn't possibly keep the ball on the deck

i can see your point, but right now the SPL title is bragging rights only, the lack of auto entry to the group stages makes the title almost worthless unless you can cobble together 3 decent aggregate results and make the champions league

what i would love to see is us winning the league this year, getting it right up that rat bastard lennon, then spending a couple of seasons building a long term plan of young lads that have shown they can compete

yes it is a massive risk in terms of winning the title, but by giving the young lads 2 seasons of working together and learning together you could effectively dominate for the next decade

why do rangers always go for the short term fix, the beggars have nothing in reserve anymore, but we have some good young lads that deserve a chance together

if i was given the chance to pick a system and team for one game at ibrox, i'd try this

Shagger

Papac (sweeper)

Bougherra A youth prospect

Whittaker--------------------------Wylde

davis-edu-Ness

Naismith

Jelavic

I dont know any young centre halves at the club, but surely we must have 1

then one your subs bench you have alexander, fleck, cole, hutton, kerkar (if he's any good) and then one of many strikers that are apparently good prospects

give this team/squad a few seasons together and i think we'd dominate for a decade, and also any replacements needed would only be 1 or 2, not like the squad overhaul we'll need to do this summer

Long-term plans? Sacrificing the league?

Paul Le Guen tried it and the fucking players revolted, taking the fans with them.