St Mirren board meeting 03/07/2012

Someone I know was at the St Mirren board meeting tonight, and they discussed Rangers, so I thought I'd share his description with you guys.

"With regards to Rangers and their league next season, St Mirren have no idea what is going to happen. It is entirely up to the SFL, as we know, but they haven't intimated anything to the SPL either. The voting system in the SPL has been changed already unofficially, but it will be official soon enough. The clubs are already acting on the basis of a fairer system. St Mirren are in a good financial state, they best they've been in for 30 years, but they will still lose money from Rangers going. Kilmarnock are shitting themselves, they really are scared. They rely on 9 thousand Rangers fans coming each season, literally rely on it.

St Mirren will be pushing for Rangers to be SFL1 with every ounce of strength they've got. His argument is that St Mirren and Kilmarnock etc will lose a lot more money if they go down the bottom league.

There might not be a vote on anything tomorrow, just negotiation with the SFL. The SFA have already called their general meeting, apparently foreign leagues model their own systems on the SFA, but the SPL can't. Crazy.

Peter Lawell is like a raging bull at the minute, he is absolutely furious. Celtic have been hit massively by the demise of Rangers.

Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Celtic and Hearts are secure.

Motherwell, St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Inverness are in serious trouble if Rangers get fucked over to the maximum and end up in division 3. The word administration was used on a few occasions.

The other chairmen do not trust Mr Green. They do not understand his motives and fear he could be a con man. They don't suspect him yet, but they don't trust him either.

The fans takeover of St Mirren has unofficially been put on hold - I'm sure they'll release a statement shortly.

Also, possibly the most important news; Sky have already told the remaining SPL clubs that they want to renegotiate in 2 years time, which probably explains why they want Rangers back in the SPL sooner rather than later.

Can't believe any of the OPs post.......sorry

Why not? <cr>

I must stress, none of this is from me. Simply a repost from someone who was at the meeting. It's possible that some of the info was misheard/interpreted wrong, but I have no reason to believe he's lying.

Peter Lawell is like a raging bull at the minute, he is absolutely furious. Celtic have been hit massively by the demise of Rangers.

This is the bit I find really funny,did liewell not say they would prosper without us, if he is raging he should look to his own fans as tthey are the ones that have orchestrated the campaign against us along with the taig bastards in the media and SFA

It's been suggested by one or two hacks on twitter that no voting will take place tomorrow and the spl will wait till after the SFL vote next week before having one.

Would not rule anything out with these spinelss muppets, seen more backbone in a jellyfish.

whether its a true story or not, I just love the bit where Killie rely on 9000 Bears comin to Rugby Park. Theres nae need to rely on that again Killie, were never coming back to your dump, get used to it and eat the pies yourselves.

.............St Mirren are in a good financial state, they best they've been in for 30 years..........

Motherwell, St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Inverness are in serious trouble if Rangers get fucked over to the maximum and end up in division 3. The word administration was used on a few occasions.

Bit of a serious contradiction there!

I'll dance outside tannadice if they go bust. In fact I'll run a bus!! :lol::uk::lol:

How funny are you? :wanker:

Rangers fans can do without having two faced supporters alongside. Nobody wants a club to fall in Scotland, be it Rangers or United. We cannot argue on one hand that Scottish football needs stability but then on the other, wish for clubs to fold because we don't like their chairmen or fans!

Why not? <cr>

I must stress, none of this is from me. Simply a repost from someone who was at the meeting. It's possible that some of the info was misheard/interpreted wrong, but I have no reason to believe he's lying.

Well sheep have debts of £17m and are losing 65k a week......milnes has been hit with a drop in his net worth.....they have cancl any thought of a new stadium for at least 2 years........Aberdeen Asset have buggered off form their board.

Everyone keeps saying st midden are free of debt..............they sold dump street.and built this new dump............their crowds are keech...........and have been trying to sell the business...........

Wasn't a dig at you........just the overall summary seemed a bit off.

No way hearts and Aberdeen are safe

Hearts struggled to pay the wages on time on at least 3 occasions

thats cause romanov is a cunt, but with hearts owing all their debt to his bank only he can call it in, and its likely he has assured the rest of the SPL he'll play nice if it screws over the scottish mafia that is Rangers according to him

Rangers fans can do without having two faced supporters alongside. Nobody wants a club to fall in Scotland, be it Rangers or United. We cannot argue on one hand that Scottish football needs stability but then on the other, wish for clubs to fold because we don't like their chairmen or fans!

sorry mate but united can fucking do one, they bastards have stuck the boot in consistently since eddie croaked it

he would spin in his fucking grave if he had any energy to do so if he could see the way his son is running United into the ground

Would that be the same club that charged our fans twice for a game that got postponed? Away and boil your heed. Every team in Scotland want us dead. Fuck the lot of them you included!! :wanker:

sorry mate but united can fucking do one, they bastards have stuck the boot in consistently since eddie croaked it

he would spin in his fucking grave if he had any energy to do so if he could see the way his son is running United into the ground

That is very true mate but we could use Murray and Whyte as our example of that, so are you saying that Dundee Utd fans are right to want us dead?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just wonder if we are better to be as one and not stoop to the level of other clubs, at this time.

eddie was a Glaswegiann tim