Hibs win will have no bearing on Scottish Cup final

JFK-1

7 minutes ago, Charlie Bear said:

Im not going to sugar coat it but they looked like we did on Sun. Hungry. Driven. Where as we looked tired.

They wouldn't be much of a team if they weren't hungry and driven in a match that meant so much to them and nothing to us.  The cup on the other hand means everything to us now while they will still have a greater priority to be concerned about.  If they're lucky they're going to be in the same position we were last year before the Motherwell games and we didn't have a cup final to play before it.

In a strange way, I find it almost a relief that we dropped this one because it will make the boys that much hungrier on Cup Final day. Not surprised in the least that Hivs were up for this - us winning the league and all the talk about them Hibsing it probably got up their nostrils and they wanted to prove a point. Fair enough, they are a good side, but dont forget we gifted them two easy goals in this match (which has been a weakness, nae doubt, but I think one that we''ll set right come the day). I see a helluva fight looming in the final, but I firmly believe we have the steel to see this through and lift the trophy. Fingers crossed time proves me right.

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

Yeah if anything it'll give our players more incentive to win (if they needed it) as they'll want revenge for that match similar to the 4-2 game reaction after losing at ER. Hibs would be mad to prioritise this over playoffs now and with such a conjested fixture list something will have to give in terms of resting players.

The only way it will change is if they stuff it up and don't even reach the play-offs, then we will have a game on our hands because it becomes Stubbs last chance saloon of achieving anything this season. I was never confident of us beating them the other night due to many factors, but the final is a different animal altogether and I'm confident we will win the cup, especially if they have a play off the following week.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

The only way it will change is if they stuff it up and don't even reach the play-offs, then we will have a game on our hands because it becomes Stubbs last chance saloon of achieving anything this season. I was never confident of us beating them the other night due to many factors, but the final is a different animal altogether and I'm confident we will win the cup, especially if they have a play off the following week.

Agree, definitely in our best interests for Hibs to reach the playoff final v Killie despite how hilarious them losing to Raith or Falkirk would be.

20 hours ago, The Monk said:

Agree, definitely in our best interests for Hibs to reach the playoff final v Killie despite how hilarious them losing to Raith or Falkirk would be.

Losing to either Raith or Falkirk would be a laugh a minute, but I would really prefer they are still in with a chance of promotion; get humped by us in the final and then have to suffer the total ignominy of getting skelped in their final game of the season. :lol: If there is one club (apart from Dundee Hivs) that possibly won't get another penny off our support next season, I hope it's these cunts.:pipe: