Bio-Banding being trialled for young Rangers players

Glad to see the club doing this. During an assessment I coached a 13 year old playing for Killie U17s the other week...it's certainly benefitting him to train and play with people his own physiological age and I'll looking forward to seeing the results in years to come if we stick with it and make it a success.

A sensible reply that acknowledges the article posted on the RFC site. It does sound like a sound notion that would be worth pursuing. Thanks for your input and yes I hope Rangers do stick with it. Warburton and his staff are certainly bringing innovative techniques into their training of young players, 'Coerver' being another example.

http://www.coerverscotland.uk/

I really like the idea that smaller players aren't automatically binned due to their stature, given that some of the world's best players e.g. Iniesta and Messi are only 5'7".

I wonder how many potential stars have had their development and career ruined due to being told "you're no big enough wee man"?

I particularly like the idea that tall 13/14 year olds should play against players who are physically the same size though older in years. The idea being they will develop better technique, not depend on their superior stature and weight to advance in the game and develop in the correct manner.

The old battle cry of better a good big yin, rather than a good wee yin, must become a thing of the past.

How it'll work in practice is an interesting conundrum?

its seems obvious when pointed out in print. Certainly when I was playing I was small for my age at 12/13/14/15 and although pretty good technically and fast, I could not compete with guys our were feet taller and miles broader but could hoof the ball up the park.