The hardest thing to accept

Times are tough but take a second to reflect.

We have had three maybe four different teams over the last five years - that isn't a great foundation to work from.

We are maybe one or two players and a re-adjustment in playing formation away from a fairly decent team.

Who would you have taken from the Sheeps team yesterday - no one in my mind.

We are a work in progress, the biggest progress though needs to be the managers mind set, he will sort it (i hope lol).

It isn't good enough where we are thats for sure but where we have been hasn't been nice.

Im more concerned about the media and SFA etc - we need to close shop, pull the club together and do our dirty washing behind closed doors.

Id ban all social media, work through the official Rangers media only and instruct lawyers to challenge everything that is said about us.

We should employ a full time lawyer for a couple of seasons - its a fixed cost but also a full time resource we can have working on our business.

Im a believer in good politics beating the bull at the gate scenario, we need to be better in that space.

I also remember the early 80s this is a walk in the park.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

that we need to re-adjust our expectations.

Ā 

Expectations of our team, our manager and our board.

I'm disappointed at where we are on the league table butĀ Ā MW and the team need time to adjust to the fact that we're playing in the league were the clubs voted us out. Most of the team came from the EPL and I think they've had a shock at the hostility that is shown towards Rangers. I would suggest they watch the RTV documentary 'the Journey' It might give them a better understanding of where we were, where we have been and where we want to be back.

Ā 

Management debate to the side. Warburton is making a lot of mistakes, and this isn't an excuse for him.Ā 
Ā 

------

18mths ago we had the worst Rangers side I've ever seen. A Rangers side that being in the 3yr of a rebuildĀ managed to come 3rd in the second tier. We've added some free signings, and spent in the region of Ā£3m and expect it all to have came together.Ā 

2nd is not acceptable for Rangers, but let's be realistic - we had no core of quality in our squad 18mths ago, no foundation at all to build onĀ - we've added some cheap but decent players since then but it is not enough. If you are signing Ā£50k-Ā£250k players.... you usually get players of Ā£50k-Ā£250k quality - sometimes you will unearth a gem.....Ā A transfer policy of expecting every signing to be an unearthedĀ gemĀ isn't realistic.Ā 

We are currently at a level where we haveĀ to play well to win games - pre-admin we could scrape by with average performances, but had the players that could make a difference and grind it out. We are now at a level where a bit of bad luck could be a game changer,Ā as we don't have the quality to make it irrelevant. If the Rangers side of 2010 went to Pittodrie and put in that level of performance, more often than not it would of came away comfortable winners.

It absolutely not an acceptable situation to be in, but it is the situation we are in. Expectation exceeds the quality of our side.Ā 

Anybody that thinks any manager could turn around the situation we were in 18mths ago and turn is into league winners, with Ā£3m on transfers and a wage budget 1/3rd of Celtics..... is....... delusional.Ā 

The OP initially annoyed me but actually I see his point.

i agree we need to adjust our expectations that we can win the league Ā this year with this current crop of playersĀ (if you are like me and genuinely believed it). Ā That's the harsh reality of dropping 12 points in the first 7 games!

That said, the board,management and players should always be aware that we expect success, 100% effort and dedication! Ā Anything less than winning the title should always be met with acknowledgement that it is not good enoughĀ and that everyone at the club are working hard to put things right. Ā We should have good reason to believe we can challenge for the title every season albeit we may not succeed.

Ā 

Ā 

22 minutes ago, harry handsome said:

Times are tough but take a second to reflect.

We have had three maybe four different teams over the last five years - that isn't a great foundation to work from.

We are maybe one or two players and a re-adjustment in playing formation away from a fairly decent team.

Who would you have taken from the Sheeps team yesterday - no one in my mind.

We are a work in progress, the biggest progress though needs to be the managers mind set, he will sort it (i hope lol).

It isn't good enough where we are thats for sure but where we have been hasn't been nice.

Im more concerned about the media and SFA etc - we need to close shop, pull the club together and do our dirty washing behind closed doors.

Id ban all social media, work through the official Rangers media only and instruct lawyers to challenge everything that is said about us.

We should employ a full time lawyer for a couple of seasons - its a fixed cost but also a full time resource we can have working on our business.

Im a believer in good politics beating the bull at the gate scenario, we need to be better in that space.

I also remember the early 80s this is a walk in the park.

I see yourĀ point. One of the barriers to achieving this though is that if weshut the media out they will just make up stuff - the old 'a source close to the player said' kind of thing! Ā 

Whenever this happens, we always demand a statement and clarity anyway and get frustrated when their is any delay. Ā  That's not just us, it is all football fans I guess.

I always expect Rangers to win every game they play. There are one or two exceptions, like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, where a draw might be acceptable, although never played for.

Recently I've been hoping that we win. The result against QOTS, had me thinking that maybe we've turned the corner, and we'll go on a run of good wins now. I was wrong, yesterday, after they scored first, I was just hoping (& praying) that we could get a draw out of the game, convincing myself it would be a good result. I shouldn't be thinking like that, I supportĀ the famous Glasgow Rangers. We're better than this, how much longer have we to wait, until we get it right?