The hardest thing to accept

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find a total mind fuck is that cunt Brendan has added 4 players to that squad and they look a total different side whereas we added fuck knows how many 11-12 and we look at times as bad as the side that won league 1!!Ā 

Im puzzled as to why waghorn is constantly shunted wide when defenders know he can only cut inside on his left? Same with McKay comes straight in on his right. Week after week we're giving defenders a head start and regardless of post match interviews we are not learning from this mistake. Ā It's the same with marking, we are absolutely shite at it. Ā That garner would be good in a smith team but he's shite with the tactics currently on show

1 hour ago, StevenDavis said:

The aim is always winning the league - but you are deluded if you think we are in a position to at this moment inĀ time and probably even more deluded if you think we will be in a position to any time soon.Ā 

This is a massive re-building process we are no where near completing.

Yes, massive rebuilding is needed, but what we have in those players are not the solid foundation by which to build upon. MW is clearly not the the answer, as he brought mostĀ of them in.

Ā 

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  we are a bad lot just now,but we will get

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā their in the end its just a nightmare to watch

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  the football team we have become we are

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  the laughing stock off football.:angsum:

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

So as i said when i edited that post we cant have the same demands of this squad when we know it aint as good .

As a support 'we' underestimate the task - and the reality is hitting us - but a bit of patience and we will be fine!Ā 

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Yes, massive rebuilding is needed, but what we have in those players are not the solid foundation by which to build upon. MW is clearly not the the answer, as he brought mostĀ of them in.

Wondered how long it would take for u to get involved ... surprised you have the time and not waking over the "get warburton to fuck" threadsĀ 

I'm not sure we need massive rebuilding, just ass kicking. Warburton is a great manager, his style of football is creating a lot of brilliant chances. It's individual errors that is not allowing us to convert them chances and individual error is that is conceding poor goals. Warburton needs to start punishing players for failure. Start with one defender today, don't care who but pick one and put him in the under 21's to learn the basics about defending, make an example of him. That miss from waghorn shouldn't go unpunished. The same mistakes are happening over and over again, they can't rectify it themselves so the manager must start chopping heads until they realise it's unacceptable. But to get rid of Mark Warburton just when he's starting to rebuild our team wouldĀ be a fundamental colossus of a fuck up.Ā 

I never expected us to win the league this year but second should be an absolute given. If we don't get into Europe this year we will fall even further behind the tims in the quest to stop them doing 10.

53 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Just struggling to accept where we are. Ā I don't really blame warburton, I blame the board largely.

yip mate me to we were fooled by the #going for 55 during ST renewal time. I like many took that as we will strengthen to insure we will challenge for the title. Middle of September those dreams are dust.

whilst the hashtag wasn't wrong it was used in a persuasive way this summer to make people believe the impossible was possible on the cheap...

47 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

As a support 'we' underestimate the task - and the reality is hitting us - but a bit of patience and we will be fine!Ā 

said it since i accepted we wouldn't win the league there will only be one team above us come may. We are comfortably the 2nd best team in this league. Thats not good enough i get that but its where we are atm.

36 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I never expected us to win the league this year but second should be an absolute given. If we don't get into Europe this year we will fall even further behind the tims in the quest to stop them doing 10.

Warburton has said if it takes them 3yrs to achieve the goals that's been set he won't be manager. He may have his faults but he ain't stupid and knows the drill. They won't get 10

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

I've said it before, expectations start from the top. If we had decent funding i'dĀ expect to be challenging for the league but rushed, largely free signings don't fill me with confidence. Always hate reading these super staunch 'we are Rangers, its first or nothing' posts as if this is the Rangers of old and the last 4 years never happened. Realism is kicking in for a lot of people, the rest seem to be in denial.Ā 

This is absolutely spot on.

Realistically we started last season with hungry young players and hungry rejects which was fine for the championship. However, instead of strengthening we have brought in Bearton whose best,which was never great, is in the past, Krancjar who has not performed for at least 5 years, Garner who does not a even a decent cv,Senderos best described as a serial dud, Hill a 38 year old, Crooks from the bottom division in England,Windass who seems to have injury problems. We have Rossiter and Hodson with potential but despite having the second highest budget has the squad really been strengthened?

I think it has been strengthened in numbers but value has certainly not been bought as shown in the lack of goals and the bottom six defensive statistics.

How anyone who watched the performances since the semi thought we would breeze through this league takes some understanding. Ā Warburton is "credited" with being stuborn reĀ tactics etc. Ā Could it be that he doesn't actually know any different and this is the limit of his skills?

I think it became quite easy for a lot of fans to dismiss the teams in the Premiership before this Season due to the fact we weren't in it, it became easy to say "it'll only be a challenge when we're back" etc... but the harsh reality is we bo longer have a squad capable of being expected to go the distance, with the lack of funds we've got this isn't something thats going to be eradicated in 1 or 2 windows, unless we have an unexpected cash injection into the playing side then I think it could take us around 4/5 transfer windows before we can start looking at the squad and having genuine belief we can get 90 points a Season.

Ā 

All these other Premiership clubs have stablised over the last four years and while we have had to rebuild they simply just do what they do week in week out, it's a learning curve for us but with 50k expectant Bears on their shoulder I'm not sure many of them will fully grow into what we need.

My expectations are spot on with what I felt before the season started. We will be very fortunate to finish top 4 with this team. Nowhere near enough investment in the team to compete. This year will be a transition year and a very steep learning curve for our manager who if he doesn't learn that too many attackers in the team mean we can not compete when we don't have the ball.Ā 

It takes time to build a team. We don't have a team yet we have individuals I think we done better last year because we had a solid 11 with few options.

We need a starting 11 with players in their right positions, Waghornout wide is ineffective. Ā Forrester in the middle is ineffective. If he had MOH right and waghorn in the middle that game would have been buried. How many assist has MOH made this season?Ā 

All we need is consistency across the board and the results will follow.Ā 

That being said Warbs is building a whole club here from the youth up.

I don't want rid of Warburton but if he was to be replaced I would want him head of youth.

We as a fan base are going to have to suck it up with a year or twoĀ of mediocrity to see Ā where the stand. Unpresedented set of circumstances we find our great club in. WinningĀ Ā at all costs is a probable side show to developing at complete overhaul of the club from top to bottom. Giving the time to carry out this philosophy at a winning club as Rangers is massive task. I'm willing to Ā back the club in this strategy but in the short term we will struggle but long term we will be in a better position.

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

How many of this current squad would get into Walters or ally's squad pre admin? For me maybe Wallace and Miller so IMO it's unrealistic to expect the same standards from this team.

That's the level we need to get back to so we need investment

Halliday would get an occasional game under both over the likes of Edu, and would develop well under an experienced Rangers manager like Walter.