Fernando Ricksen Netherlands Home & Away Shirts £35

neilstonloyal

He hasn't brought a top out - he says he got them from his mate.

Presumably this is his mate...

http://www.thefernandoshirt.co.uk/

Stonefield, can you clear this up - is thefernandoshirt.co.uk an official shirt, supported by Fernando?

Govan your wrong these are official holland tops where the guy got them is irrelevent hes looking to sell them and donate if anyones out of pocket its him

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't just bring a top out and not go through the proper channels .

I am not saying it is legit but if its not fernandos name getting used could cause

Him problems. I have asked you to call me .if you don't I will take this further .

Fucking hell, he's trying to raise some money for charity.

Whats the problem?

Do people selling stuff on ebay, that give the money to charity, do they have to go through the proper channels?

When the members of RM decided to support Fernando Ricksen, we simply donated money directly to his chosen charities.

We didn't buy a cheap shirt from China for a fiver, then tell everyone it cost £20, and make ourselves a tidy profit on every shirt sold.

That's what's happening here. Whoever receives the £20 from each shirt (not NeilstonLoyal, the guy who sold them to him) is making a tidy profit off of Fernando's name, and our gullibility.

Support Fernando - not the T-Shirt trade. (tu)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=276958&page=5#entry1062454304

When the members of RM decided to support Fernando Ricksen, we simply donated money directly to his chosen charities.

We didn't buy a cheap shirt from China for a fiver, then tell everyone it cost £20, and make ourselves a tidy profit on every shirt sold.

That's what's happening here. Whoever receives the £20 from each shirt (not NeilstonLoyal, the guy who sold them to him) is making a tidy profit off of Fernando's name, and our gullibility.

Support Fernando - not the T-Shirt trade. (tu)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=276958&page=5#entry1062454304

Is there any reason why you are continually ignoring the people pointing out you're wrong here, these shirts are blatantly the Holland top made by Nike and you keep ignoring this claiming they are the Dingwall Adidas shirts

Govan your wrong these are official holland tops where the guy got them is irrelevent hes looking to sell them and donate if anyones out of pocket its him

OK, maybe I'm wrong. I just need to know exactly what's happening to the £20 part.

I seem to have got the impression that Neilston received these shirts from a third party who is themselves marketing them as Ricksen Shirts.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick, which it looks like I have, and Neilston has simply gone in to an ordinary shop/contact to get some standard shirts, stuck the letters 'Ricksen' on the back, and bumped £13 on to the price for MND, then yes, I applaud his initiative, and wish him success! (tu)

But I did say in my opening post to be prepared to explain himself first! :thumbup:

Is there any reason why you are continually ignoring the people pointing out you're wrong here, these shirts are blatantly the Holland top made by Nike and you keep ignoring this claiming they are the Dingwall Adidas shirts

I think "continually" is the wrong word.

It takes time for information to seep in, when you're answering an earlier question, as you will see from the post I was typing as you were typing yours. (tu)

There's no maybe about it. You are wrong.

You ought to apologise to the OP.

Also as a side note, Fernando visited where his shirt is being produced and I'm under the impression he was rather grateful for all what's being done.

I get the impression you want every charity contribution on this site to go through you. Which kind of defeats the purpose of being charitable.

Aye very good.

Sorry to have given that impression. It won't happen again. (tu)

Also as a side note, Fernando visited where his shirt is being produced and I'm under the impression he was rather grateful for all what's being done.

I get the impression you want every charity contribution on this site to go through you. Which kind of defeats the purpose of being charitable.

In fairness to GB he doesn't seem to have any issue with people raising money, just the use of the Dingwall shirt which he was obviously mistaken about. Stonefield on the other hand... We'll it's hard to be critical of someone that organised the Ricksen game but he is being a bit petty

In fairness to GB he doesn't seem to have any issue with people raising money, just the use of the Dingwall shirt which he was obviously mistaken about. Stonefield on the other hand... We'll it's hard to be critical of someone that organised the Ricksen game but he is being a bit petty

Thanks mate - that's brought me out of my sulk. :D

Yes you're right about me on both counts - but hey, this thread isn't about me. :lol:

All we need is the confirmation from Neilston that I was wrong, and we can get on with him selling them. What's the big problem with everyone?

:D

I don't believe I need to apologise to Neilston for having a wrong opinion. I think my interaction with him has been wholly civilised, and my statements and questions, born of genuine concerns, were carefully considered to not offend him. I have also acknowledged my wrong opinion and expressed my revised opinion.

If Neilston disagrees, I'll be happy to reconsider that position - but not because you think I should. :P

I am not being petty. We have to watch who is selling stuff under Fernando's name

The last thing we want is his name being tarnished and abused by people wanting to

Make money for them self's .I am not accusing the op of that .but anyone who wants to raise money using his name must go through the proper channels .I am sorry if this seems petty

I am only looking after Fernando's interests and don't want people using him for self gain.

I hope bears understand that.

Already you just need to look at this thread regarding dingwall .you have guyts saying

They won't buy the orange one because the rangers trust have promoted it.

As I said earlier we are hoping to bring out a Fr2 ricksen range polo shirts track suits

And tops .Fernando will be over in Scotland to promote this and all details of money and products will be on a web site .

I hope this helps you understand were I am coming from.

I have asked the op to contact me asap but have had no reply

I dare say he probably thinks it has nothing to do with you.

There is a limit to what can be protected in law and selling a standard top with a pre printed name and number that anyone would be free get done themselves is not going to fall under that limit.

The only reason I deemed it petty was that it's 12 shirts, small fry, and you instantly contacted Nando's agent who might claim otherwise but will be well aware that there is no actionable infringement going on here.

I have asked the op to contact me asap but have had no reply

It looks like both of us have got the wrong end of the stick.

If it's the case that he has simply bought some regular shirts from a regular supplier at £20 each, ironed the letters ricksen on the back, marked them up by £13.50 and given that £13.50 to MND Scotland, then I am pretty sure that he is perfectly entitled to do that, without impacting on Fernado's IP rights - and that when you think it through fully, you'll realise the guy should be applauded for doing a good thing which you can support, without it impacting on your forthcoming offical merchandise in any way. That's how I now see it anyway. (tu)

How do you know Fernando so well?

He's the guy who organised the tribute match, and brought Fernando over, etc. etc. (tu)

Stonefield Teddies doesn't have quite the same cute posting style as I do :D , but he can be relied upon when he says he speaks for Fernando and his agent. (tu)

To be honest Alex is correct, you sound like you are being a prick here