Boruc not safe in Poland

Exclusive: Celtic keeper Artur Boruc's death threats from sick web thugs over marriage split

Nov 24 2008 By Janice Burns

CELTIC goalie Artur Boruc has been subjected to vile death threats from Polish fans over his affair with a gangster's ex.

Boruc has moved single mum Sara Mannei - the woman seen kissing him on a drink-fuelled night out - into his matrimonial home.

Boruc's wife of seven years Kasia, 28, has fled with their baby son Alex back to Poland where she is understood to be filing for divorce.

But the Polish international goalkeeper is now being bombarded with death threats after he was snapped with Sara, 24, during a booze-binge in Warsaw last week.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan sent the 28-year-old home to recover from a knee injury but he was caught on camera guzzling pints of lager and smoking cigars.

Some angry fans have posted sick taunts on Polish message-boards and gossip websites.

One reads: "Mr Boruc should take great care when walking in Warsaw."

Another enraged former fan wrote: "Death to them both."

Sara and her three-year-old daughter Olivia have been living with Boruc for the past four months in the luxury home he once shared with Kasia in Glasgow.

Sara's gangster ex and father of her child, Rafal Majewski, is behind bars in Poland.

He is well known in his home city of Poznan and is extensively written about on Polish websites.

Sara is a part-time model, budding singer and former contestant on Polski Idol, the Polish Pop idol.

She got to the quarter-finals, becoming a household name, singing Roberta Flack's classic ballad Killing Me Softly.

A source said: "Sara's ex is currently serving a sentence related to organised crime and does not have anything to do with Sara and her daughter.

"Everyone in Poznan has known about Sara and Boruc for some time but no one speaks of it.

"She is a good mother and she and Artur are very happy together. She does not mind living in Glasgow and playing happy families with him.

"She does not understand what the fuss is about and Artur apparently dotes on her little girl."

But their relationship has sparked outrage in Poland.

On a popular social website, one furious fan wrote: "Boruc has the right to do what he wants but to commit adultery against wife and small child is not right.

"He is a goalkeeper who is a role model and a god and not just a simple footballer. He should behave in a respectable manner and that is with his wife and not a two-bit romance."

Others attacked Boruc and Sara, chillingly claiming "justice" will be done.

They said: "Shame on you both. People like you never end well and there is justice, if not in this life then in death.

"It is better to remember this because at the moment, you have a chance but you may be too late and God will not be forgiving.

"He should be with wife and child. He has left Kasia and Alex without a husband and father."

Sara's father Khalid Mannei - a Jordanian who owns a clothes shop in Poznan called Sara - defended his daughter.

He said: "My daughter has done nothing wrong and no one should be asking questions about her. She is a good girl."

The young mum reacted angrily to the hostile messages branding her a "marriage-wrecker". Sara has hit back by posting replies to the comments, insisting angrily: "How can you judge me if you do not know me?

"I do not know why I come here daily to read the insults to me, none of you know me personally. Artur is happy now and we have been together for some time."

Boruc has not publicly responded to the death threats against him.

Many have been removed from the site.

A source said: "Boruc met Sara in Warsaw last year and even by Christmas they were spending time together.

"Kasia had already quit Scotland and returned to Poland, leaving her husband free to do what he liked, but she didn't suspect he would meet a girl in their home country.

"Artur eventually had to admit to her he was in love with Sara and it broke her heart.

"Kasia is a lovely woman and she was there for Artur before he became the superstar that he is and has put up with many of his antics over the years but this public embarrassment is just too much."

Kasia - who has dropped the name Boruc and returned to her maiden name - refused to comment.

Sources close to Kasia said: "She just wishes to be left alone to bring up her child.

"She is angry and embarrassed at the speculation and the hurt this has caused."

Boruc - who was in action on Saturday as Celtic stayed at the top of the SPL with a 3-1 victory over St Mirren - has already been fined by Celtic and suspended from his national team for going on drinking sprees when he was supposed to be booze-free.

But Hoops manager Strachan says Boruc broke no club rules on his Polish trip last week.

The player will not be disciplined by Celtic over the pictures of him smoking a cigar and drinking in a club.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish...86908-20920328/

That's a bugger for the tims who would love to blame us for all his ills.

Those pesky, neo-Nazi, Catholic gangsters, eh!

:mutley:

He's shagging a gangster's burd while the gangster is in prison?

The stupid no mark must have a death wish.

I love how timmy makes out that we are victimising him, whilst the rest of the world hates him for what he actually does.

Apparently the Unholy Goalie was a big figure within Legia Warsaw's neo-Nazi, fan element.

Boruc is a poisonous bastard. There's an aspect of fun in hating Celtic footballers - it's part of the rivalry. But Boruc is unhinged.

Not only a cheating prick, but a dreadful sportsman, and adds porking a jailed mobb bloke's ex girlfriend to his list of crcimes. As Mr Core said, does he have a deathwish.

Words fail me.

Guest therabbitt
On a popular social website, one furious fan wrote: "Boruc has the right to do what he wants but to commit adultery against wife and small child is not right.

...........media actually use quotes from social websites???? Like Bebo or Facebook???

WTF

...........media actually use quotes from social websites???? Like Bebo or Facebook???

WTF

The quote seems to suggest he's shagging the child as well?

I agree with McNee who has called him a self-serving opportunist.

If McNee said it I disagree.

He may be a cunt, but is spot on with some of the things he says IMHO

A broken clock is right more often than the old broken cock.

There's also an irony in McNee making such an allegation. It's just like Reid accusing Galloway of being a " self-serving opportunist."

So many arseholes on that side, before you even get to the likes of Torbett and Tobin,

WTF

The quote seems to suggest he's shagging the child as well?

We are talking about the club that employed Torbett and Cullen(?), not to mention adored by Tobin.

Yet they think they have the moral high ground? doh

I can see it now.... rival fans will be firing caps to make him jump while he's in goal chanting

the gangsters r gonna get ye

Did you intend composing such a fine chant for the next Old Firm game?

:mutley:

:craphead: I'll bet there will be a few good ones being prepared Oleg!

humming the god father theme tune

He's shagging a gangster's burd while the gangster is in prison?

Ex. They're over. Apart from the small matter of their child. Boruc is not all there.

I don't think it matters much that they're over. Mr Gangster man will not be a too pleased with this.

I mean its bad for his image, isn't it ? His mates will be taking the piss out of him and he won't like that.