Owen fails to make England squad

England manager Fabio Capello has left Michael Owen out of his 23-man squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Belarus.

Capello felt the 28-year-old was not sufficiently match fit for the wins over Andorra and Croatia in September.

But Owen has completed 90 minutes in each of Newcastle's six games since then, scoring three goals.

Steven Gerrard returns to the squad after injury, while Peter Crouch and Shaun Wright-Phillips earn recalls.

More soon.

England squad: James (Portsmouth), Green (West Ham), Carson (West Brom); Brown (Manchester United), Johnson (Portsmouth), Terry (Chelsea), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Lescott (Everton), Upson (West Ham), A Cole (Chelsea), Bridge (Chelsea); Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Walcott (Arsenal), Barry (Aston Villa), Jenas (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Downing (Middlesbrough), Wright-Phillips (Manchester City); Heskey (Wigan), Crouch (Portsmouth), Rooney (Manchester United), Defoe (Portsmouth).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7652423.stm

If Owen is fit, he should be in the squad IMO.

I don't rate Jenas either, he's been mince this season as well - how did he get in?

If Jenas has been mince this season, it's an improvement on last season.

Every England manager seems to go for him, it's fucking beyond me (and the yids) why!