A Minutes Applause

cowieger

Question? why were Celtic the only club in the whole of Britain to applaud the minutes silence, Question? what were they ACTUALLY applauding, i for one am totally disgusted by this this club has shown no respect whatsoever to the many countless people who gave the ultimate sacrifice to this great country, the soldiers who have fought and gave there lives so that these people have the option of going to watch there team play a football game all they asked for is to remembered once a year, as i mentioned in an earlier post i was at rugby park on sunday and i met german guys who were at the game there were twelve of them each wearing a poppy and stood silent to a man prior to kick off like every other respectfull individual in the ground, these guys were from the country who we fought against in two world wars but they still showed there respect, i for one beleive that the applauds were done in an attempt to drown out the boos and jeers, i wonder how many of these guys will use a British passport to travel in europe this season? i wonder how many of them are picking up British state benefits? use the N.H.S? when i stood over my brothers grave on sunday i could not help thinking why did you give up your life so that others may hate you and disrespect you, then i tied his old gers scarve round his gravestone as i was walking away i saw him in my head saying as he used to do because WE ARE THE PEOPLE smiling at me( James 19/10/79) (22/12/06) R.I.P

The applause doesnt bother me THAT MUCH... after all we had a minutes applause for Ian McColl the other week.

Id concentrate more on the walk out protest. That made me more angry..

A minute's applause in the European fashion to celebrate the great life of a great man is one thing, but it is a totally inappropriate gesture for remembering the loss of Millions during war.

Issues covered in many other threads.
Sorry if similar posts have been posted.

(tu)

Sorry to hear about your brother cowie.

I don't know what they were applauding, but they are and will always be scumbags. That was the final straw for many people tbh.

Question? why were Celtic the only club in the whole of Britain to applaud the minutes silence, Question? what were they ACTUALLY applauding, i for one am totally disgusted by this this club has shown no respect whatsoever to the many countless people who gave the ultimate sacrifice to this great country, the soldiers who have fought and gave there lives so that these people have the option of going to watch there team play a football game all they asked for is to remembered once a year, as i mentioned in an earlier post i was at rugby park on sunday and i met german guys who were at the game there were twelve of them each wearing a poppy and stood silent to a man prior to kick off like every other respectfull individual in the ground, these guys were from the country who we fought against in two world wars but they still showed there respect, i for one beleive that the applauds were done in an attempt to drown out the boos and jeers, i wonder how many of these guys will use a British passport to travel in europe this season? i wonder how many of them are picking up British state benefits? use the N.H.S? when i stood over my brothers grave on sunday i could not help thinking why did you give up your life so that others may hate you and disrespect you, then i tied his old gers scarve round his gravestone as i was walking away i saw him in my head saying as he used to do because WE ARE THE PEOPLE smiling at me( James 19/10/79) (22/12/06) R.I.P

sad about you brother, but i wonder what he must be thinking about the scumbags who cant remain quiet for 2 minutes to pay respect.