Eto Offered 340k A Week

Even 50k is pushing it. Tbh, if you can't live on say 15k a week there's something wrong.

It's not really a question about living on 15k a week or 50k a week. Remember that football careers are pretty damn short in the scale of things and the time you're being paid really big money may only be 5-6 years of your career for the average player. 340k is obviously pushing it, but about 90% of players come back into the real world after they've retired and what can they do apart from coaching or something, and there's only so much of that and it's nowhere near as well paid as being a player...

I've read somewhere it would be not 15m, but 20m per year... WTF? <cr> Football is crazy these days. Also, i know for sure that Roberto Carlos is having a bad time with racial abuse(the Anzi fans were throwing bananas at him couple of times), so im pretty sure Eto'O will get lots of the same. I wouldnt care if i was him tbh, 20m per year is enough to stop giving a fuck about fans reactions. But, considering the fact hes already being abused while playing at La Liga(i remember him refusing to play in some game few years back) and considering his reaction there, i still think he will have problems in Russia, even bigger than in Spain.

On the other hand, i fail to see why the Anzi owner is keep trying to sign players like Roberto Carlos and Eto'O, when its clear that the fans will not feel comfortable and they will make players to feel even worse.

No problem whatsoever with it.

These clubs are so rich that it won't make a difference and good on Eto'o and his agent for negotiating that.

Eto'o does a massive amount of community work back in Cameroon and a good percentage of this money till be put to good use, as opposed to sitting in an a multi-billionaire's bank account.

No problem whatsoever with it.

These clubs are so rich that it won't make a difference and good on Eto'o and his agent for negotiating that.

Eto'o does a massive amount of community work back in Cameroon and a good percentage of this money till be put to good use, as opposed to sitting in an a multi-billionaire's bank account.

l hate the holier than thou attitude we see when it comes to the wages that footballers are paid, especially when you se people in other entertainment industries pulling in big sums. I.e people like Will Smith Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks who easily pull in 20 million plus dollars for working on a film set for a couple of months.

l hate the holier than thou attitude we see when it comes to the wages that footballers are paid, especially when you se people in other entertainment industries pulling in big sums. I.e people like Will Smith Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks who easily pull in 20 million plus dollars for working on a film set for a couple of months.

Even keeping it in sport, some of the best NBA players are making triple what Eto'o would with Anzhi.

I always pull this example out, but people just don't understand how rich the Middle East/Russian clubs are. The Man City owners make an extra £300m PER DAY when petrol rises by 1p a litre, these elite owners could give Eto'o £1m a week and they wouldn't particularly notice it.

I have a problem when football clubs are giving players money they don't have, but that'll never be the case with a select few owners, one if which is the Anzhi owner.

Even keeping it in sport, some of the best NBA players are making triple what Eto'o would with Anzhi.

I always pull this example out, but people just don't understand how rich the Middle East/Russian clubs are. The Man City owners make an extra £300m PER DAY when petrol rises by 1p a litre, these elite owners could give Eto'o £1m a week and they wouldn't particularly notice it.

I have a problem when football clubs are giving players money they don't have, but that'll never be the case with a select few owners, one if which is the Anzhi owner.

But it still ruins the work of all the clubs, who earn their money out of the professional football system. Maybe once in a while they benefit of one transfer fee for one of their players, but that's ist and not worth a healthy business system, just because it's a one-time-benefit. Therefore these owners and sponsors are wrecking the whole stuff.

This is no competition.