Name The Rangers In This Ibrox Dressing Room Picture.

Colonel Mustard

What year was that

================================================================================================================

At a guess-- about 1961 or 1962

Yes Hume played from 1959-1962 I think, so it has to be in that time frame.

p.s. In that pic he was as great looking guy, maybe give Laudrup and Bocanegra a run for their money. happy.gif

I think the guy between Niven and Davis is centre half Bill Paterson and the guy between Millar and Wilson may be left half Billy Stevenson. Believe it or not a copy of this photo used to be on my grandparent's living-room wall in the early sixties. Came across it a couple of years back and checking what history books I could at the time, my best guess is January 16th 1960 v Partick Thistle (Niven wearing track suit bottoms). Could be February 13th 1960 cup tie v Arbroath or March 1st 1960 v Aberdeen. Happy to hear from anyone who can narrow it right down.

Did Bobby Hume not get murdered in Johannesburg.

I just looked it up and you are correct Minstral. :(

Bobby Hume

From the archive

Share blank.gif29 Mar 1997

THE former Rangers winger, Bobby Hume, has been shot dead near his home in Johannesburg. Hume, aged 56, emigrated to South Africa after spells of playing with Middlesbrough (1962-63) and Aberdeen (1963-65). He was the victim of a car hijacking on a day when 23 other people were also killed in similar incidents in the South African city. Hume, who came from the Hyndland area of Glasgow, played for Rangers between 1959 and 1962, after signing from the Junior club, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy. He had continued to play professional football in South Africa, his last club being Highlands Park in Johannesburg. He joined his brother Ronnie there to help the team win, in 1966, their fifth South African league title in seven years.

I just looked it up and you are correct Minstral. :(

Bobby Hume

From the archive

Share blank.gif29 Mar 1997

THE former Rangers winger, Bobby Hume, has been shot dead near his home in Johannesburg. Hume, aged 56, emigrated to South Africa after spells of playing with Middlesbrough (1962-63) and Aberdeen (1963-65). He was the victim of a car hijacking on a day when 23 other people were also killed in similar incidents in the South African city. Hume, who came from the Hyndland area of Glasgow, played for Rangers between 1959 and 1962, after signing from the Junior club, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy. He had continued to play professional football in South Africa, his last club being Highlands Park in Johannesburg. He joined his brother Ronnie there to help the team win, in 1966, their fifth South African league title in seven years.

Thanks Csta as i thought he had been murdered.

I think the guy between Niven and Davis is centre half Bill Paterson and the guy between Millar and Wilson may be left half Billy Stevenson. Believe it or not a copy of this photo used to be on my grandparent's living-room wall in the early sixties. Came across it a couple of years back and checking what history books I could at the time, my best guess is January 16th 1960 v Partick Thistle (Niven wearing track suit bottoms). Could be February 13th 1960 cup tie v Arbroath or March 1st 1960 v Aberdeen. Happy to hear from anyone who can narrow it right down.

It's definitely 1960, and obviously the winter with Niven wearing the Tracksuit bottoms. That's as much as I know.