HMS (402) Ltd (now to be called Celtic Newco)

To add to the Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd thread you may be further confused with how many different clubs the tims have had.

Celtic F.C. Limited – this company was formed in 2001 and was previously HMS (402) Ltd. it is a professional football club. It receives all the gate money, employs and pays all the wages of the players and other staff. It receives the TV income. It is the company that competes in Europe. This is the club which has won just 5 league titles and is the current team that plays at Parkhead.

The combination of facts surrounding both these companies, Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd (call it Newco Celtic) and HMS (402) Ltd (call it Celtic Newco) will drive your average tim hopefully over the edge.

I've read through both sets of accounts (for 2010 as there is a site - http://levelbusiness.com that supplies them for free).

Celtic plc, the company founded in 1897 owns the stadium and the players.

Celtic FC Limited (aka HMS 402) sells the tickets, receives the TV money and pays most of the staff wages - £29.6m for 356 members of staff vs £2.4m for 101 members of staff paid by plc. Directors are paid by plc, and that comes to a total of just over £1m.

I'm not sure why they want to split things up in this way, but certainly it does look like we should be calling them HMS (402) rather than Pacific Shelf 595.

• 6 months later...

So to confirm we had Septic F C and Athletic 1888-1996, Pacific shelf 1996-1998, HMS (402) LTD 1998-2001 Septic FC Ltd 2001 to current is that correct? Why have the names changed so much? surely the suspicious SFA should be checking all this out?

I've read through both sets of accounts (for 2010 as there is a site - http://levelbusiness.com that supplies them for free).

Celtic plc, the company founded in 1897 owns the stadium and the players.

Celtic FC Limited (aka HMS 402) sells the tickets, receives the TV money and pays most of the staff wages - £29.6m for 356 members of staff vs £2.4m for 101 members of staff paid by plc. Directors are paid by plc, and that comes to a total of just over £1m.

I'm not sure why they want to split things up in this way, but certainly it does look like we should be calling them HMS (402) rather than Pacific Shelf 595.

Yeah but what about big jock knewco?