Why the panic?

EatDolphins

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, if we actually filled the stadoium on a fortnightly basis instead of threatening boycotts.....

With the home games left in the Cup and the League, it is highly feasible we could bring in an extra million if we all actually turned up for the games, bought the pies, etc. That would help the finances, would it not? It would definitely fucking help cash flow!

I see what you're saying, I'm with you! Next game I'm going to buy 14 pies (tu)

the panic is the usual culprits believing the scare mongering and the "I told you so" rhetoric coming from mini murrays supporters. A 15% cut across the board or lose some players, surely a 15% cut is better than reducing the squad size? In saying that, some of the dead wood we could get rid if we had to sell or release would be a better prospect for cuts perhaps....... What gets me is the ones doing all the panicking are the ones who think we'll bounce back and win the SPL in our first season, this will take years to sort ourselves out so everyone needs to prepare for the long journey back to where we belong.

It hasn't really been handled very bad by the club has it? The club never went running to the press with the story, someone did though.

I am sure they didn't expect it to stay quiet.

I don't think there is a good way to propose pay reductions, but suggesting it at all seems to be handling the situation badly to me. At the very least, it makes us look in trouble which reduces the sale value of any player straight away.

I am sure they didn't expect it to stay quiet.

I don't think there is a good way to propose pay reductions, but suggesting it at all seems to be handling the situation badly to me. At the very least, it makes us look in trouble which reduces the sale value of any player straight away.

Nothing official was even offered. Someone at the club leaked it, so maybe the person that did should be getting their balls kicked and not the people trying to sort out our finances.

I'm keen to hear what the Board / CEO has to say about this. I guess that with the heat generated by the subject and then the media attention a Club statement would be bound to appear. That would hopefully shed more light than than heat on this. Granted discussions of any sort (initial soundings or informal off the record chats or formal proposals) about cuts would be bound to create an impression of immediate cash flow difficulties. But in the absence of a fuller picture from the Board on cuts when they reach their conclusions or more clarity about what was actually discussed with the players, then it seems understandable that Supporters would be concerned even though the AGM made it clear that cuts were being planned.

Wage bill is far far too high for league we are in this is just common sense. Unfortunately most of the players won't accept the pay cut as most of them couldn't give a fuck about the club really. We will lose a lot of players after the season closes with most of them with the exception of Wallace replaceable.

The pressure on Ally next season is going to be immense but there is no panic we should never have had a wage bill like that in the first place.