Cricket

Whilst the Aussie attack has been very good, you have to say the batting conditions today don't appear to be anything worse than OK and probably actually half decent - a lot, lot better than yesterday! You should be scoring - at least - 250 runs today.

That's embarrassing from England, up there with the worst innings of cricket I've seen them play.

I fancy the Aussies to take a +350 run lead into the last innings.

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Pumped. 

As Badger says the conditions are decent, I fancy Australia to tie this test up pretty quickly. 

Nobody to blame but themselves.

Could not have asked for better bowling conditions yesterday, and conditions don't appear too bad today for batting. They've had considerable advantages and remarkably are all out and +100 runs behind!

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Reason I asked is you're quite knowledgable and it's quite a difficult sport to know if you haven't played it. 

Haha, I try my best. 

Nah I just watch/listen to quite a lot of it. I’m pretty big on stats in sport as well, and cricket is obviously very stat-heavy. 

5 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Genuinely. :lol: 

Remember thinking it didn't count because it was split over 2 overs.

I played in a really good team when I was younger but I was genuinely shite. I think the only reason I was in the team is because my best friend at the times mum was sleeping with the coach. They are now married :lol: Played against a couple of people who have gone on to good careers though. One at international level.

I was a bowler. Low run rates but not a good wicket taker. My best ever batting performance was 10 off about 30 balls and I've only ever hit one boundary in my life and it was a top edge over the keepers head for four. I've posted about the last game I ever played on here before. Filled in for a mates team and they got me to open the batting cause the opening bowler was lighting! In all honesty I was a good fielder though, could stick a catch. All I really had going for me.

Australia looking to be in a very strong position now. Got to take your hat off to Labuschagne coming in with big shoes to fill. He’s not the run machine that SS has been, but what an effort, to stay at the crease for nearly 4 hours against that England attack. 

Interesting that on Friday everyone was saying the batsmen were going to be under the cosh, due to the conditions and then yesterday the Aussie bowlers produced a couple of sessions like that in the sun. 

2 hours ago, Craigyboy9 said:

Australia looking to be in a very strong position now. Got to take your hat off to Labuschagne coming in with big shoes to fill. He’s not the run machine that SS has been, but what an effort, to stay at the crease for nearly 4 hours against that England attack. 

Interesting that on Friday everyone was saying the batsmen were going to be under the cosh, due to the conditions and then yesterday the Aussie bowlers produced a couple of sessions like that in the sun. 

He has prepared properly, and batting like a proper test batsman.

Listening to TMS he has played less the 20 T20 matches in his career.

As for T20, why is it so popular? Anyone I know that follows cricket, they either dislike it or it's their least favoured form of the game.

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

He has prepared properly, and batting like a proper test batsman.

Listening to TMS he has played less the 20 T20 matches in his career.

As for T20, why is it so popular? Anyone I know that follows cricket, they either dislike it or it's their least favoured form of the game.

I enjoyed the World Cup, but for me it’s always been test cricket. 

I was living in Sydney in 2004 and the Aussie boys I was working with asked me to go to the SCG for the new year test against India. I wasn’t that interested to be honest, but I had an amazing time, few sore heads as well! Think it was Steve Waugh’s last test as well. 

6 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

The entire England test side needs dismantled and started again after this series. I don’t think Root has shown he’s a good captain at this level and the coaching set up and batting coaches clearly aren’t working

Think it’s clear there was absolutely no patience shown, they swung at everything. It would’ve only taken one of the top 4 to just steady the ship, go with the intention of just staying at the crease and not even think about scoring.