Marseille at Ibrox - 22nd July

6 minutes ago, OhW said:

When was the last time we played a team the same stature as Marseille? AC Milan friendly?

2010-11 European campaign probably. More than 6 years ago. :confused: 

Hope people make a late rush for tickets.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Dyche.

Aye they're good pals

But it's just the same old predictable shite from him. 

Probably still not worse than playing St Johnstone in two friendlies within the space of a few weeks and still not managing a goal against them 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Well they fookn should be.

The manager and team need to give us a reason to show up to these types of games. No-one is excited about this coming season, most fans are filled with dread 

Sheffield sold out so quickly cause it'll be a class trip, nothing to do with the football on offer anyway 

11 minutes ago, OhW said:

When was the last time we played a team the same stature as Marseille? AC Milan friendly?

The first one I remember was when we played Sampdoria; we had just signed Laudrup and Boli and they wiped the floor with us. Any high hopes of doing well in Europe that season were quickly dispelled, especially as Sampdoria were not even the best in their league. They might be friendlies, but they more often than not tell us a lot about ourselves.

Just now, Gaz52 said:

The manager and team need to give us a reason to show up to these types of games. No-one is excited about this coming season, most fans are filled with dread 

Give us a reason? Hate that kind of chat, man.

Cunts should get oot and support their team.

40 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Pedro and the team could really be doing with a morale-boosting win, if we turn in a good performance and sneak it then I'll feel a bit more optimistic about the season 

If we can show signs of improvement regardless of the result I'd settle for that. Obviously a bad defeat would have me even more concerned than I have been of late. Even though it's only a friendly a win here would lift the spirits of everyone.

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Give us a reason? Hate that kind of chat, man.

Cunts should get oot and support their team.

50k at the Progres game mate... Everyone is still supporting the team, it's just a shitey friendly that's another added expense and was put together at the last minute so most people probably already have plans. It's not as easy as just going out and supporting your team

Just now, Gaz52 said:

50k at the Progres game mate... Everyone is still supporting the team, it's just a shitey friendly that's another added expense and was put together at the last minute so most people probably already have plans. It's not as easy as just going out and supporting your team

It's a friendly against a good standard of opposition and getting to see 3 or 4 guys for the first time.

I understand some people will have plans, but others just need too much motivation to go and see their team or are a wee bit greetin faced and, as you said yourself (clearly you don't think it's just about short notice either), need to be given reasons to go to games. The current level of sales are a wee bit embarrassing for a club like ours. Kind of thing the mhanks were being slagged about with the Lyon friendly.

Even with the results/pessimism being as they are, I'm looking forward to getting back, eating my pie, chatting with folk nearby and watching my team play some fitbaw. It's not all about winning.

Our defending reminded me of the way Liverpool shape up; there was a tight compact group of about 3 or four players who gathered round where the opposition had possession. It was one match, but it appeared we will be very hard to beat. Ironic that we lost a silly goal eventually, but that was probably when the game got taken up with so many replacements.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's a friendly against a good standard of opposition and getting to see 3 or 4 guys for the first time.

I understand some people will have plans, but others just need too much motivation to go and see their team or are a wee bit greetin faced and, as you said yourself (clearly you don't think it's just about short notice either), need to be given reasons to go to games. The current level of sales are a wee bit embarrassing for a club like ours. Kind of thing the mhanks were being slagged about with the Lyon friendly.

Even with the results/pessimism being as they are, I'm looking forward to getting back, eating my pie, chatting with folk nearby and watching my team play some fitbaw. It's not all about winning.

Home friendlies are a shit in all honesty, went to the first Burnley and Newcastle, Newcastle was alright tbh, but was bored as fuck at Burnley.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Home friendlies are a shit in all honesty, went to the first Burnley and Newcastle, Newcastle was alright tbh, but was bored as fuck at Burnley.

The first Burnley one was very entertaining. Second one less so.

They tend to be quite interesting in early season, even when they're not full of great exciting football. Seeing the new players helps that.

Even with the results recently, I'm well up for seeing Dorrans, Alves, Pena and Herrera in the flesh.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

No idea, but you'd hope so. Could always tweet them and ask or something.

i was in the ticket office today and the girl said i could pick where i wanted to sit  plenty tickets left

could be a pay at the gate if sales dont pick up

21 hours ago, billscott said:

i was in the ticket office today and the girl said i could pick where i wanted to sit  plenty tickets left

could be a pay at the gate if sales dont pick up

On 7/20/2017 at 5:28 PM, gazza27 said:

Anybody reckon this will be pay at the gate?

Confirmed pay at the gate.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/tickets/marseille-pay-gate/