Should games ever be cancelled because of gales?

Too much rain or too much fog and the referee points towards the tunnel so why is it not the same with the wind? The truth is as it strengthens and becomes more of a factor the game begins to resemble a lottery and that's not what fans pay to see. If the forecast for tonight's game is correct then we can expect a wind speed in the upper 50s mph and that's bound to favour a kick and rush team like the sheep

Although I wouldn't say that Arsene Wenger is the font of all knowledge in the game I remember him once saying that  there is a very good correlation between the countries with the most settled weather and the ones that produce the most skilful players. I suppose the most obvious example of this is tiny Croatia who often make it to the latter stages of world cups

Was just out in govan and can confirm the wind is brutal here at the mo. Not bad enough to call off the football imo, but if the wind got up to disruptive enough speeds then certainly it should be enough to postpone certain games.

46 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Was just out in govan and can confirm the wind is brutal here at the mo. Not bad enough to call off the football imo, but if the wind got up to disruptive enough speeds then certainly it should be enough to postpone certain games.

At least the rain has backed off a bit but those are pretty high numbers

Forecast.jpg