***2019/20 UEFA Champions League***

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GabrielTomato said:

I totally respect a strong, well organised and steely side.

But when you have an embarrassment of attacking riches and just play boring football then I'm not interested. 

Still delighted they put out Liverpool though. :lol: 

The thing is.. Simeone has his style of football, which is fine, but he has actually got a team that could play attacking football. Starting Felix on the bench was mad.

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Fuck Atletico. They buy a young player at 113 mil and don’t use him properly. Their football is crap to watch. Glad they’re out. 

Well... they didnt really use him at all tonight. That was his biggest mistake tonight. He is a player.

Just now, johanhentze said:

I want nothing more than PSG getting papped out, but at the same time.. I have no time for Red Bull Leipzig. That game will be everything that is wrong with modern day football.

That's football though and  people will just have to get used to it. Chelsea, Man City, PSG, and many others are successful because of money. 

The CL is a competition for the rich, you won't see many 'deserving clubs' in these rounds. Even Atletico have spent hundreds of millions on that squad. 

Just now, johanhentze said:

Well... they didnt really use him at all tonight. That was his biggest mistake tonight. He is a player.

He is a player no doubt mate. Imagine having the 4th most expensive player in world football and leaving him on the bench. Madness! Simeone is a cock. 

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

The thing is.. Simeone has his style of football, which is fine, but he has actually got a team that could play attacking football. Starting Felix on the bench was mad.

I agree with that, was absurd to keep a player like that on the bench but it just confirms he would rather defend than attack. That set up was fine when it got them to finals and titles but against decent opisitiom it doesn't work anymore and that's why they won't win anything anytime soon.

Like Mourinho I think his style has had its day and even then it didn't bring them the big one. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Tbf Felix has struggled a lot this season. Productivity not been great and many games I watched he was invisible.

Has lots of talent but Atletico well overpaid for him.

Any young foreigner shows a whiff of talent they big clubs just chuck money at it. Thay Hudson Odoi at Chelsea is on 150k a week and he's rank. 

The best player on the park was Leipzig centre back who looked on a different level to the rest. He will be moving soon

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Any young foreigner shows a whiff of talent they big clubs just chuck money at it. Thay Hudson Odoi at Chelsea is on 150k a week and he's rank. 

The best player on the park was Leipzig centre back who looked on a different level to the rest. He will be moving soon

You’ll be hoping he follows Timo Werner :lol: 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

He was just back from injury and came off the bench, be ready to start next week 

The thought of Neymar alone should be enough never mind Mbappe I’m only going on last nights game,

a few a righting Leipzig off, but they are a good team who look like they have a lot of desire to win. 
you can have all the superstars but if you have 11 men more committed it counts for a lot in football.

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's football though and  people will just have to get used to it. Chelsea, Man City, PSG, and many others are successful because of money. 

The CL is a competition for the rich, you won't see many 'deserving clubs' in these rounds. Even Atletico have spent hundreds of millions on that squad. 

Atletico spend a lot, yes, but they sell players in order to (mostly) make that money. They have been incredibly successful on the business side of the game.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

he looked fantastic the centre back surprised man city have not been all over him  very strong good defender but can also play out from the back 

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I agree with that, was absurd to keep a player like that on the bench but it just confirms he would rather defend than attack. That set up was fine when it got them to finals and titles but against decent opisitiom it doesn't work anymore and that's why they won't win anything anytime soon.

Like Mourinho I think his style has had its day and even then it didn't bring them the big one. 

It might have had its day, but I think its very much down to not having the back line that he used to. He built a team around Godín and co. They now miss those stalwarts in defence, and midfield, and he now needs to adapt.

I actually think he wanted to keep it tight then change it up when RB tired and gave them more space. Unfortunately for him there was that deflection..

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Atletico spend a lot, yes, but they sell players in order to (mostly) make that money. They have been incredibly successful on the business side of the game.

As are Leipzig doing now. Sold the likes of Werner for 50 odd million while they have a few other players who will comand similar fees. 

Football clubs won't get to be successful in this climate without having hundreds of millions pumped into them like we are seeing all over Europe. 

Any club outwith the usual Footballing power teams have to buy success, that's how it is now. 

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

With Atletico,  not sure they’ve ever fully recovered from those two CL finals defeats against Real 

Nah.. they've lost very important players. That can ruin a team unless they replace them. I dont think they have done that.

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

It might have had its day, but I think its very much down to not having the back line that he used to. He built a team around Godín and co. They now miss those stalwarts in defence, and midfield, and he now needs to adapt.

I actually think he wanted to keep it tight then change it up when RB tired and gave them more space. Unfortunately for him there was that deflection..

Leipzig were always winning that game. Atletico had very little in attack bar Felix. Costa is done at this level, he's as slow as Helander. 

I would rather watch a team go for it rather than a team sitting back hoping to get a few breaks in attack. That mentality cost them 2 finals and that was with their best squad. 

As I say they are a team of diving cheating chancers and Diego was the worst of the lot. Waving imaginary cards after every foul, he should have been sent to the stands. 

Archived