Who is AC Milan's Club Captain?

Boab

Serious question even though I consider myself quite knowledgable about Calcio.

But on Eurosport 2, it had an Interview with Massimo Ambrosini (today in preview of the Super Cup Final) and under his name it had 'Club Captain'

It isn't Paolo Maldini?

yeh that is correct goal machine. whenever maldini plays he is captain but as maldini has been injury prone of late ambrosini has been captain whenever he has played and if neither of them are playing its gattuso. shevchenko was the vice captain before he left.

According to Wiki, Maldini is the captain with Ambrosini and Gattuso as vice captains (tu)

Maldini is the symbol of Milan and has been club captain forever. Ambro is now the team captain when Paolo doesn't play - Gattuso was also in the team against Genoa but it was Ambro who had the armband in Paolo's absence that game.

He remains, to the best of my knowledge, a vice captain, but 3rd in line.

Which has me displeased. In Paolo's absence Rino should be the captain, not that pretender Ambro.

yeh that is correct goal machine. whenever maldini plays he is captain but as maldini has been injury prone of late ambrosini has been captain whenever he has played and if neither of them are playing its gattuso. shevchenko was the vice captain before he left.

Hence why he had the armband so many times.

According to Wiki, Maldini is the captain with Ambrosini and Gattuso as vice captains (tu)

Maldini is the symbol of Milan and has been club captain forever. Ambro is now the team captain when Paolo doesn't play - Gattuso was also in the team against Genoa but it was Ambro who had the armband in Paolo's absence that game.

Which has me displeased. In Paolo's absence Rino should be the captain, not that pretender Ambro.

ambrosini has been at the club longer than gattuso, that must be why he is ahead of gattuso. maldini hasnt been captain in his whole time at milan, wasnt baresi and tassotti captain before maldini? <cr>

ambrosini has been at the club longer than gattuso, that must be why he is ahead of gattuso.

Probably. Not really fair though is it? You should be captain on merit, and not time served.

maldini hasnt been captain in his whole time at milan, wasnt baresi and tassotti captain before maldini? <cr>

I didn't say he had been captain his whole time at Milan - he joined before he was even 20 - I think he was 17 when he debuted. I don't think we'd have made him captain at such a tender age.

When I said forever, it just meant 'a looooong time' :)

of course maldin, the GOD's name means of milan when re-arranged 'di milan' He is AC Milan!

was there not talk a while ago of kaka being in line for the captain band, or am I just imagining this??