Lack of real speculation about Cuellar and others

Danny

Quite significant.

By about this point into the January window Spurs were strongly linked to Hutton and it wasn't long before the first bid came in.

No one has truly been linked to Cuellar aside tenuous speculation in the rags.

And the firm rejection of the £3.5M bid for Boyd suggests we seem to actually be managing to ward off suitors to our prized assets.

Plus AM signing a new deal continues that trend.

If we can get to August 31st while retaining both Boyd and Cuellar (not to mention Thomson) I'd say we were building at long last.

It really is vital to this club to retain its best assets.

Quite significant.

By about this point into the January window Spurs were strongly linked to Hutton and it wasn't long before the first bid came in.

And the firm rejection of the £3.5M bid for Boyd suggests we seem to actually be managing to ward off suitors to our prized assets.

If we can get to August 31st while retaining both Boyd and Cuellar (not to mention Thomson) I'd say we were building at long last.

C'mon now Danny - there's a long way to go.

I hope you are correct all the same.

I personally cannot see Cuellar, Boyd or Thomson moving this Summer.

Seeing the money being demanded for Arshavin, I really just wish we had kept hutton til the end of the season, he would have been pivotal in our chances of not only winning the uefa cup but we could have got a far higher fee for him, have to put it behind us though and just work with what we now have (and getting in some good quality additions) the keyword is quality though, if we are going to bring in anyone now it surely has to be 110% quality, not backup or potential

Quite significant.

EXACTLY MATE, LETS BUILD A TEAM AND SEE HOW FAR WE CAN TAKE THIS TEAM.

I AM SICK OF BEING A SELLING CLUB.

Quite significant.

If only that sentence was applied in regard to players coming in! :craphead:

I agree its a good thing, what isnt a good thing, is, PIB posted what I was thinking.... AGAIN! dammit!

Quite significant.

If only that sentence was applied in regard to players coming in! :craphead:

I agree its a good thing, what isnt a good thing, is, PIB posted what I was thinking.... AGAIN! dammit!

:lol:

Quite significant.

Yes and although we were sad when Hutton left his transfer has mde it so we can keep hold of future assets - and if we go to the end of the window without sellin the big 3/4 players we have that would be quality!!

Still think we are gonna see a few new faces though

Whilst I would agree with most of this, I think we should have taken £3.5m for Boyd.

really? why? (obviously I disagree totally)

Whilst I would agree with most of this, I think we should have taken £3.5m for Boyd.

I said that at the time (tu)

With it looking like no-one is going to buy Darche or Cousin, do you really think Boyd's going to be in the top 2 choices out of our 6 strikers?

£3.5m for a bench warmer sounds like terrible business to me.

Because at the moment we have 7 strikers, it appears my above estimate is wrong.

Boyd, Novo, Cousin, Darche, Laffery, Miller and Velicka.

Walter, as we know, likes to play players he has bought himself, meaning everyone there apart from Novo and Boyd. When we go with 1 up front it's going to be Miller, when we go with two it'll more than likely be Miller and Lafferty given he just spent nearly £5mil on the pair.

It means Boyd's gonna be left out again. I feel for the guy, it's not fair at all. Nonetheless, it's the reason why we should have accepted £3.5mil.

I don't think he does enough on the pitch and lacks professionalism as proven by his belly. He doesn't appreciate playing for Rangers and is unwilling to learn.

He's a depreciating asset unless Ally can kick his arse and teach him things.

Because at the moment we have 7 strikers, it appears my above estimate is wrong.

Walter, as we know, likes to play players he has bought himself, meaning everyone there apart from Novo and Boyd. When we go with 1 up front it's going to be Miller, when we go with two it'll more than likely be Miller and Lafferty given he just spent nearly £5mil on the pair.

It means Boyd's gonna be left out again. I feel for the guy, it's not fair at all. Nonetheless, it's the reason why we should have accepted £3.5mil.

Cousin shouldnt be near a Rangers jersey again, and, JCD is unreliable and unfit/injury prone. Would be better getting them off the wage bill rather than accepting a poor bid for Boyd. I would assume boyd is on less wages than them

Cousin shouldnt be near a Rangers jersey again, and, JCD is unreliable and unfit/injury prone. Would be better getting them off the wage bill rather than accepting a poor bid for Boyd. I would assume boyd is on less wages than them

I agree about both Cousin and JCD, but will Walter, given he has signed both of them?

What I'm saying isn't what I want to happen, but Walter has given me no reason not to believe he picks his favourites in his time back at the club. And as we all know, Boyd certainly isn't one of his favourites.

I don't think he does enough on the pitch and lacks professionalism as proven by his belly. He doesn't appreciate playing for Rangers and is unwilling to learn.

He's a depreciating asset unless Ally can kick his arse and teach him things.

He's 24 Oleg, not going to depreciate for a while yet.

Didnt Ally say we were following the path of Dutch clubs?

That consists of

Bringing through youngsters and selling them

Signing the best players in your league and then developing them (Before selling them)

Signing quality young foriegners with potential

That consists of

Signing the best players in your league and then developing them (Before selling them)

Or maybe he was referring to smoking hash in a cafe........

I agree about both Cousin and JCD, but will Walter, given he has signed both of them?

What I'm saying isn't what I want to happen, but Walter has given me no reason not to believe he picks his favourites in his time back at the club. And as we all know, Boyd certainly isn't one of his favourites.

Well, as was said in the start of the thread, these players arent going, or at least dont look like going. He accepted offers for Cousin, hasnt extended JCDs contract (as the player said he would like to), and, rejected an offer for Boyd that many on here thought was fine. That, plus the statements to the press that Boyd would play a bigger part, along with Boyds own decision to stay after saying he may not, pretty much indicate to me that he will play more.

I also think the strikers bought so far, are all better in a scenario where they have a predator with them, which Boyd is.

That consists of

Sign Boyd for £600k.

Develop him (as much as he wants to be developed).

Sell him for £3.5m plus addons for targets that he'll surely meet, given how good many people on this board think he is.

Well, as was said in the start of the thread, these players arent going, or at least dont look like going. He accepted offers for Cousin, hasnt extended JCDs contract (as the player said he would like to), and, rejected an offer for Boyd that many on here thought was fine. That, plus the statements to the press that Boyd would play a bigger part, along with Boyds own decision to stay after saying he may not, pretty much indicate to me that he will play more.

I also think the strikers bought so far, are all better in a scenario where they have a predator with them, which Boyd is.

Here's hoping.

Walter also said Gow would get a chance mind you...

Here's hoping.

Walter also said Gow would get a chance mind you...

And Buffel...

Boyd had less first team appearances last season than other strikers and yet still finished as our top striker!!! :craphead:

Why on earth would you want to sell someone with that goal scoring record???

Because at least 12 of them were either penalties or against East Stirling, Peterhead and QOS.

I'll say it before someone else does.