The big fight live last night

rossDas

yeah mate, great stuff. very exciting, both fighters proved tehy can take big punches. I was gripped from start to finish and Froch wasa deserved winner.

yeah mate, great stuff. very exciting, both fighters proved tehy can take big punches. I was gripped from start to finish and Froch wasa deserved winner.

Cant believe Pascal got away with that vicious flurry of punches after the bell. Seemed to make Froch even more determined though!

It was a great fight. I liked the bit where the guy punched the other guy. :craphead:

Seriously though, why have i only heard about this Froch boy now? He looks very good but at 31 you'd think we'd have seen him fight before. I'd never heard of him.

It was a great fight. I liked the bit where the guy punched the other guy. :craphead:

Seriously though, why have i only heard about this Froch boy now? He looks very good but at 31 you'd think we'd have seen him fight before. I'd never heard of him.

Very much under the radar, I have only seen a few of his fights previously but was aware of him. He has had a lot of injury problems that have hampered his career and he is 1 of those fighters that a lot of people have tried to avoid. After this though he should be able to get a lot mroe fights against world class opponents. He has the most prestigious belt in the division now so let's hope for some unification bouts in the next 12 months.

That is if he doesn't get the chance to fight Calzaghe.

Froch v Calzaghe would be a great event for Joe to finish his career at the millenium stadium.

I would definately be heading down there for that. Fingers crossed.

the mandatory is against jermain taylor kev, but he will probably want to fight someone else instead of Froch.

I am telling you, tehre are a lot of super middles out there who have tried to avoid Froch for years. He has a profile now so it really is the only credible fight for Calzaghe.

It would sell out the millenium stadium easy and is the fight most british fans would want to see. I would be much moreinterested in that than seeing Calzaghe fight someone like Chad Dawson at light heavy.

A lot of super middleweights seem to come into their own in their late 20's early 30's, Benn, Eubank, Collins, Hagler, to name but a few, they all came into the peak of their careers when they hit their early 30's.

Froch was outstanding ther other night, pure 12 rounds of toe to toe & some chin on him as he took some cracking hits without even flinching, this was no muppet he was fighting & one of the best scraps i have seen in some time.

On another note though, I do feel sorry for Roy Jones Junior, he is now making a twat of his self & should have hung up his gloves after his 2nd defeat, now he is just tarnishing the name he had built for his self by continuing boxing & being made to look average, which he most certainly was not.

Please RJJ, give it up now, so we can still remember you how you were at your peak...

A lot of super middleweights seem to come into their own in their late 20's early 30's, Benn, Eubank, Collins, Hagler, to name but a few, they all came into the peak of their careers when they hit their early 30's.

Froch was outstanding ther other night, pure 12 rounds of toe to toe & some chin on him as he took some cracking hits without even flinching, this was no muppet he was fighting & one of the best scraps i have seen in some time.

On another note though, I do feel sorry for Roy Jones Junior, he is now making a twat of his self & should have hung up his gloves after his 2nd defeat, now he is just tarnishing the name he had built for his self by continuing boxing & being made to look average, which he most certainly was not.

Please RJJ, give it up now, so we can still remember you how you were at your peak...

I have to agree, it is tragic and if he does fight on, I wont even bother watching as seeing that performance against calzaghe was so far from what RJJ was it was scary.