Save money on buying External HDDs and DVD writers/DVD's

TVersity is your friend, its a free program which you can download and stream video and music from your PC straight onto another PC, Xbox, Wii, Ps3 etc

Windows media player 11 is required go to Library tab in Options, go to sharing and if your console is networked it should show up in the list for sharing, simply allow it and ur away....

I now have a 500gb external HDD which will i dont REALLY need :lol: it will be useful for storing the movies etc on it and free up my PCs 350gb HDD.

Excellent program and really easy to use, it basically does everything for you regarding Ports etc....

http://tversity.com/ -> Download the PRO version as it is free anyways.

Any problems setting it up lemme know (tu)

Yup its a great program and stand alone media extenders are getting cheaper and cheaper, saw one a good while back for about £80 and its tiny.

yeh but judging by this programs i dont think there is even a need for the stand alones if u have a PC on a network with ur console (tu), though i suppose for TV purposes if they dont have consoles then extending onto them you would need a stand alone, but we have 3 360's in the house my dad even has one in the living room so we're sorted so to say, my PC being the media server and everything streaming off here, had 2 xboxs on 2night one playing music and the other a movie and doesn't choke up the performance at all though the Connection slows down but nothing major.

Yup its a great program and stand alone media extenders are getting cheaper and cheaper, saw one a good while back for about £80 and its tiny.

yeh but judging by this programs i dont think there is even a need for the stand alones if u have a PC on a network with ur console (tu), though i suppose for TV purposes if they dont have consoles then extending onto them you would need a stand alone, but we have 3 360's in the house my dad even has one in the living room so we're sorted so to say, my PC being the media server and everything streaming off here, had 2 xboxs on 2night one playing music and the other a movie and doesn't choke up the performance at all though the Connection slows down but nothing major.

I couldnt watch anything via 360 like having a jet in the room with you haha.

I dont get this <cr>

when u download Music and films onto ur PC, instead of burning them onto discs or buying external HDD's to put them on, u just install that program and WIndows media player 11 or above and u can play them off ur PC without having to do burn any discs of anything.

play them through ur Xbox and ps3.

same Master i just go into the video or music or even pictures tab on my xbox and do the exact same thing the program does :P my bro watches the movies i have on the pc in his room :\

Stupid question time....how do i connect my 360 to my laptop?

Do i need a wireless connector thing for my xbox?

does ur xbox have xbox live on it mate? if it connected to ur LAN your Laptop should pick it up just follow my instructions regarding Windows Media player 11 and it should work (tu)

You can stream movies and music wirelessly with your 360 without additional software.
the

Same with the PS3, you just go into Windows Media Player, go to library, then media sharing. Tick the box. The PS3 will show as unknown device, select allow and bobs yer aunties uncle.

You just drop the files you want to view/listen to into the appropriate shared folder.

whats the difference with this and windows media centre?

It plays lots windows media doesnt let you.

I had hd downloads streaming with it but the time to get hd stuck to normal divx i couldnt be bothered waitting the extra time but it does look stunning.