Walter Smith and his substitutions

Tumshie

Why does Smith feel the need to completely change the team everytime a sub is on. Davis was havin a nightmare so instead of a straight swap Arron for Davis he feels the need to re-jig the whole team, switch Miller to left-side of midfield and stick lafferty up front to punt high balls up 2 him and Boyd. The caley defenders must have though Xmas had came early. He waits until 85 mins to bring on Arron.

Everyone in the fuckin stadium knew the game was crying out for a winger but Smith in his infinite wisdom makes a complete cunt of it

The ICT centre halfs looked in control of any high ball, therefore a winger probably wasnt the answer.

Let's be honest about this - the starting line up looked ok and by the end we had almost everyone in attack. The subs were all attacking options. We had 8 shots on target and a few more off target and 13 corners. It was very one sided and we should have won. But it is easier for a team to come and stop goals if they have the athleticism and the organisation than it is to score goals. I am not sure Walter Smith should carry the can for this one. In fact, i dont blame anyone. We needed a bit of guile to open up the defence. If we had scored 1 early on, I am convinced we would have scored more.

We are not out of this yet

The ICT centre halfs looked in control of any high ball, therefore a winger probably wasnt the answer.

Let's be honest about this - the starting line up looked ok and by the end we had almost everyone in attack. The subs were all attacking options. We had 8 shots on target and a few more off target and 13 corners. It was very one sided and we should have won. But it is easier for a team to come and stop goals if they have the athleticism and the organisation than it is to score goals. I am not sure Walter Smith should carry the can for this one. In fact, i dont blame anyone. We needed a bit of guile to open up the defence. If we had scored 1 early on, I am convinced we would have scored more.

We are not out of this yet

What game were you actually at last nite??????? If your happy with that performance then you need ur heed examined

The way he goes about his substitutions is crazy. They decide Naismith is coming on but tell him he's not going on for another 5 minutes. It's obvious Fleck is having a stinker but he waits until 20 minutes before the end before bringing him off. I just don't understand.

The way he goes about his substitutions is crazy. They decide Naismith is coming on but tel him he's not going on for another 5 minutes. It's obvious Fleck is having a stinker but he waits until 20 minutes before the end before bringing him off. I just don't understand.

Totally agree it seems that Wattie doesn't understand that you are allowed to make substitutions before the clock gets to 70 mins

I thought he couldn't top the tactical shambles that was the Dundee Utd 3-3 game, but that was much, much worse. Davis should have been off at half time, and Boyd and Fleck not long after. Why he moved Miller to the left wing is totally beyond me, and once again he decides to put someone he's said himself is a striker (Naismith) on the right wing. Taking Edu off was a terrible decision, and of course he waited til far too late to attempt to change the game. Absolutely no point at all in giving Aaron 10 minutes at the end when ICT are defending as if their lives depended on it, and just booting every loose ball back into our half, or into the stand. It was embarrassing.