rangers = improving

ricksen_da_best

what has smith done to us?

told defenders to defend and strikers to score! simple..pity le guen couldnt speak english so he couldnt actually tell them to do that. the work rate at the club now is unbelieavable compared to when le guen was here.

9 scots started the game today and i believe by the start of next season it could easily be 11. With 9 scots starting that means they know what scottish football is all about and want to win the games unlike half the people le guen brought who were only at rangers to pick up there wages at the end of the week. Out of all his signings i believe svensson will be the only long term player that smith will be kept. Smith will get the best out of him and working beside wier and Ehiogu i think he could turn out a briliant defender.

i think next season will be a good one for the club and smith will work wonders and by may 2008 the championsip will be back at ibrox!

still a long way to go but we are definetly improving. Have to admit i was really disappointed when we signed weir due to his age but i am happy hes proved me wrong. Been solid since he came and has certainly improved the defence. We need another striker though, we cant keep relying on boyd to score. This should be a priority in the summer and money must be spent. Gow is a good signing imo but we still need an experienced european striker.

Smith has a good effect no doubt, but somehow I do not think K Svensson will make it. I hope I am wrong, but he still gets beat in the air at 6' 3" and gets turned far too easily and his clearances are a big gamble.

WE gotta get Boyd a decent partner. If he gets injured ?????

Smith has a good effect no doubt, but somehow I do not think K Svensson will make it. I hope I am wrong, but he still gets beat in the air at 6' 3" and gets turned far too easily and his clearances are a big gamble.

(tu)

I think that Svensson will only get better, especially with Weir and Ugo giving him advice. I have thought throughout the season Svensson has looked like he had potential and now that there are expereienced defenders there to teach him, he will only become better. He wasn't captain at his last club for no reason, he just didin't do well at Rangers to begin with because the manager couldn't explain to him what our game is like and how to play it.

But do they not header the ball in Sweden ?

He isn't brave, you can't teach that.

According to the Swedish national boss, it's quite the opposite. Before signing for Rangers all the reports stated he was a big, powerful, impossing centre back. I simply believe that PLG didn't prepare him properly for the SPL which in turn destroyed the lads confidence.

He's still young and having someone like Weir playing alongside him can only benefit him and Rangers in the long term.

No question there's improvement. I'm happy at the direction we're going in.

Thought it was another poor performance and I'm not happy the direction we are going in.

Earlier on in the season we were playing well and dropping points though.

I know what I would prefer.

With 9 scots starting that means they know what scottish football is all about and want to win the games unlike half the people le guen brought who were only at rangers to pick up there wages at the end of the week.

That's a bit of a stereotypical view to take is it not? Just becasue a player is Scottish it does not mean that they will try any harder than foreign players or know what it means to be at RFC more.

Hemdani tries his hardest. Ok some people think that he doesn't but that's just because he has composure and doesn't need to be charging about like a raging bull for 90 minutes trying to win the ball. He plays with his brain. Prso practically bleeds blue. His body is falling apart, but I have never seen his head go down. Novo runs for 90 minutes. He tracks back, tries to tackle and hassles defenders. I would say Sebo plays for the shirt. He might lack ability but you can never doubt his will to win and do well for the cause.

On the other hand you have Chris Burke who holds the club to ransom and then shows little to justify his nice new bumper contract. Charlie Adam could also be accused of not playing for the shirt. Lots of people like him because they see him as the next Albertz. By playing when he's atleast half a stone overweight shows that he doesn't know what it's all about to play for Rangers.

IMHO this opinion that only Scottish born players will fight for the shirt and know what it means to play for RFC has to stop as it is not always the case.

With 9 scots starting that means they know what scottish football is all about and want to win the games unlike half the people le guen brought who were only at rangers to pick up there wages at the end of the week.

That's a bit of a stereotypical view to take is it not? Just becasue a player is Scottish it does not mean that they will try any harder than foreign players or know what it means to be at RFC more.

Hemdani tries his hardest. Ok some people think that he doesn't but that's just because he has composure and doesn't need to be charging about like a raging bull for 90 minutes trying to win the ball. He plays with his brain. Prso practically bleeds blue. His body is falling apart, but I have never seen his head go down. Novo runs for 90 minutes. He tracks back, tries to tackle and hassles defenders. I would say Sebo plays for the shirt. He might lack ability but you can never doubt his will to win and do well for the cause.

On the other hand you have Chris Burke who holds the club to ransom and then shows little to justify his nice new bumper contract. Charlie Adam could also be accused of not playing for the shirt. Lots of people like him because they see him as the next Albertz. By playing when he's atleast half a stone overweight shows that he doesn't know what it's all about to play for Rangers.

IMHO this opinion that only Scottish born players will fight for the shirt and know what it means to play for RFC has to stop as it is not always the case.

Great post Mate.

I said that with Scottish players you will get 100%, but it's not always the case as you say.

What you do get with Scottish players is that they know what it means to play for Rangers.

I do disagree with Hemdani trying though, he's a big girl! :lol:

That's a bit of a stereotypical view to take is it not? Just becasue a player is Scottish it does not mean that they will try any harder than foreign players.

Hemdani tries his hardest. Ok some people think that he doesn't but that's just because he has composure and doesn't need to be charging about like a raging bull for 90 minutes trying to win the ball. He plays with his brain.

Prso practically bleeds blue. His body is falling apart, but I have never seen his head go down.

Novo runs for 90 minutes. He tracks back, tries to tackle and hassles defenders.

I would say Sebo plays for the shirt. He might lack ability but you can never doubt his will to win and do well for the cause.

On the other hand you have Chris Burke who holds the club to ransom and then shows little to justify his nice new bumper contract.

Charlie Adam could also be accused of not playing for the shirt. Lots of people like him because they see him as the next Albertz. By playing when he's atleast half a stone overweight shows that he doesn't know what it's all about to play for Rangers.

IMHO this opinion that only Scottish born players will fight for the shirt has to stop as it is not always the case.

One of the saddest things about this whole affair is the stereotypical and xenophobic views shown not only buy many fans but by pundits and commentators alike. Pathetic and embarrassing.

I did not think it was a great performance but we are MUCH harder to beat now. We may not be so pretty, but we will win more games.

As I stated elsewhere I believe that the following players all need to improve or be replaced:

A McGregor, Hutton, Svensson, Hemdani, Burke, Adam, Novo.

We desperately need a right back, left midfielder, left winger and striker IMO.

In one of the most inept refereeing displays youll see, a 3 - 1 away win to anyone is to be welcomed. Not great, but it never was going to be startling performance given the turn of events this season....Wattie and co. on course for 2nd place....about all you can hope for.

I did not think it was a great performance but we are MUCH harder to beat now. We may not be so pretty, but we will win more games.

As I stated elsewhere I believe that the following players all need to improve or be replaced:

A McGregor, Hutton, Svensson, Hemdani, Burke, Adam, Novo.

We desperately need a right back, left midfielder, left winger and striker IMO.

We need an attacking central midfielder IMO...have done for ages. Smith decided to buy Thomson though.