Copland Nutter

ps95v7

Hello Bears,

For those of you who are of an older age I remember an individual who used to pogo in the Copland Road end during our 9 in a row era. He was a star turn and the stewards used to get him to sit down but he would have none of it. He provided some entertainment when things were a bit quiet on the park and got the place buzzing.

Just wondered if anyone else remembers him or am I losing the plot

Great result yesterday against Hibs. It's coming home

WATP

Well in buddy. (tu) I've mentioned the Nutter a few times and never really had anyone seem to remember him. He was always a good laugh in those days and committed to keeping the atmosphere up.

As I've said on here a hundred times, the atmosphere at Ibrox started going downhill long before the Billy Boys was banned. The atmosphere got noticably worse about 6 in a row and IMO has never recovered. He might have been a nightmare for the stewards but he was as passionate as anyone I've ever seen at Ibrox.

Guest Andypendek

I remember Walter giving him his shirt! Nice sunny day, title celebrations, 'Walter Smith's Blue and White Army' over and over again...out comes the great man, points and the nutter and demands he step forward to receive his trophy. Boy, did he deserve it...CG says the atmosphere died around 6IAR, I thought it went after the first of them tbh.

Hello Bears,

For those of you who are of an older age I remember an individual who used to pogo in the Copland Road end during our 9 in a row era. He was a star turn and the stewards used to get him to sit down but he would have none of it. He provided some entertainment when things were a bit quiet on the park and got the place buzzing.

WATP

I mind him well. George Lynch was his name.

Was he related to the late Gadger then?

His name was George Lindsey from Fernhill, His nickname was Booger before he was the Copland Nutter. His brother is Frankie, not sure who was the craziest as I grew up with Frankie and watch young George follow in his footsteps. There are many stories about the Nutter but Wee Frankie was just as daft. He lives in Amsterdam.

found a classic picture of the cunt i think lol

copland_nutter.jpg

found it here lol

http://www.rangersfansvcelticfans.com/rfc_links.html#s

was this him then?

I posted that on page 1 mate :P

how the fuck did i miss that, only had 4 magners yesterday as well

am away to get ma coat, ma taxi's outside lol

:gerbad::gerbad:

Hello Bears,

WATP

He went out to Spain apparently. Not sure if he's still there.

i remember him he was class wish him all the best

Hello Bears,

WATP

He was fuckin' mint. Just looked a right geeky wee guy with glasses but he was a star turn right enough. It was a shame when he got ordered to stop doing it, got the crowd going big time. :clap:

He's still in Magaluf, stays there now ! :sherlock:

he own the bar just oppoite BCM?

Going there this year, and i'll be in this place steady if this is the case :gerbad:

No mate, the one opposite BCM is Sinky's, that guy's been out there about 20 odd years. Going there for a mate's 40th weekend in a couple of weeks, yee haa.

On the link on post 34, go to the orange county website, the one with the cheerleaders photo, at the bottom from season 87/88 is a photo of the guys granny holding a phone to the radio so they could hear the game in the states, it cost $200 or something, cracker.