The BillyBoys/RangersBoys campaign and Spiers shitey article

OK so my TBB/RangersBoys idea didnt exactly set the heather alight on saturday (& considering the result, who really gives a sh*t! :lol:) - too few resources to make the impact required with myself on my tod. If you're one of the lucky 20-odd who i dished one out to before i aborted, conggratulations.

But amazingly enough, my wee 1-man "campaign", as Britney puts it, put the frighteners enough on Mr.Spiers to merit a mention in his world famous column, what is more he clearly misrepresents the whole point of the "campaign, as was clearly stated from the start - to return the chant to the terraces with non-offensive Rangers words for a Rangers song, so as not to incriminate either the singer or the club.

Now this inaccuracy and oversight could of course well just be lazy inept journalism - would hardly be a surprise from spiers.

But read between the lines and i think its shows the potential to put Rangers-haters like Spiers on the back foot, they don't know how to deal with something like this - reported truthfully this idea would have disarmed them of their favourite weapon of our apparent sectarian singing being the scourge of the nation. Take that away and they cant hide behind anything and only their hatred of Rangers shines through - as seems to be the case in this particular diatribe from Spiers.

Now if im right about this effect being caused by one punter printing off a flyers and starting a couple of web polls - imagine if a greater number of the Rangers support went on the offensive regarding this?

Where would Spiers et al have to run? ""erm... not sectarian, not bigotted, no mention of a razor gang... erm... what the feck am i going to write??!!!". I think it would expose the true colours of these people - can you imagine McNee or Keevins acutally ENDORSING such a plan? "Well done Rangers fans for their effort to re-introduce a banned song by ditching the offending words". Nah no chance. But with numbers behind an idea like this, they could not risk misreporting it as their lies would be exposed with interest.

It would be very interesting to see them squirm out of that one.... providing we stuck to the principle of the whole thing - Rangers words for a Rangers song, like those voted for on this site last week (Our cry is no surrender, We're Rangers til we die, for we are the.... these "journalists" wouldnt have a move to play

With a little help from a few pals i've now got over a thousand of these flyers flyers.jpg

If one person can do that, a little more support (and some more media coverage from Britney et al) and this could take off - and cause a headache to the Rangers-haters who cant play their favourite game anymore

changing the words to the billy boys is sacrilege - we don't sing it because we want to protect the club we love but to sing a watered down version is surrender!

Exactly, think about the well-being of the club before your own soap-bax crusade.

I would send one of these to him with a letter explaining exactly what you're trying to do, as he is clearly getting it wrong. That's just what i would do.

You should just feck off to the other side, after reading ALL your posts, you are timmy :gerbad::gerbad:

I would send one of these to him with a letter explaining exactly what you're trying to do, as he is clearly getting it wrong. That's just what i would do.

You should just feck off to the other side, after reading ALL your posts, you are timmy :gerbad::gerbad:

How the fuck does that make me a timmy?

Hullo! Hullo! We are The Billy Boys!

Hullo! Hullo! You'll know us by our noise!

we're up to our knees in f****n blood!

surrender or you'll die!

For we are the Brigeton Derry Boys

It's coming back..... :clap:

Aw well, we can expect docked points and fines. All for a song? Great.

fuck me not this pish again!

changing words of the billy boys? no fuckin chance i sing it loud and sing it proud!

change those fuckin words then you may as well change two fuckin words

NO SURRENDER!!!

NOW GIT THIS THREAD TAE FUCK

Get a grip you goon :lol:

changing words of the billy boys? no fuckin chance i sing it loud and sing it proud!

NO SURRENDER!!!

Even if it meant Rangers losing this title, you'd still sing it?

NO SURRENDER!!!

And do you realy honestly think that would happen?

it is a fuckin can of worms that no man would want to open.

TFS billy boys the SFA/SPL dont have the fuckin baws.

change those words that have been taught from generation to generation then as i say you would be as well changing these:

NO SURRENDER

NO FUCKIN SURRENDER and if they dont like it well......

after watching that advert about smokin dope the night

i suggest you speak to frank. :rolleyes:

NO SURRENDER!!!

And do you realy honestly think that would happen?

it is a fuckin can of worms that no man would want to open.

TFS billy boys the SFA/SPL dont have the fuckin baws.

change those words that have been taught from generation to generation then as i say you would be as well changing these:

NO SURRENDER

NO FUCKIN SURRENDER and if they dont like it well......

I dunno if it would happen mate, but i wouldn't want to chance it. Why wouldn't they take this action?