Free Agents

BlueSuedeSambas

After seeing Manchester City pick up the very experienced Mpenza as a free agent outside the transfer window it made me wonder if there are any other decent to good free agents about at the moment?

Our squad is paper thin and although they might not be the best in the long term, surely there could be a few guys that could come in until the end of the season just to up the numbers in the squad?

Mpenza is a great example. He has 46 caps for Belgium and is still only 28!

Neil Alexander is a free agent in the summer, think we shud go 4 him! (tu)

God, I hope not....

There is a few free agents in the summer who would interest me though, like Distin at City and Gera at WBA.

Neil Alexander is a free agent in the summer, think we shud go 4 him! (tu)

God, I hope not....

There is a few free agents in the summer who would interest me though, like Distin at City and Gera at WBA.

U do know thats the keeper for Cardiff? Not the old guy who plays full back for Preston!

Dont know about now, but guys like, Metzelder, Sidwell, Distin are all out of contract in the summer. Guys that we should be looking at!

Higher wages but no transfer fee required bar a signing on fee.

Dont know about now, but guys like, Metzelder, Sidwell, Distin are all out of contract in the summer. Guys that we should be looking at!

Higher wages but no transfer fee required bar a signing on fee.

here here

We need to get some real talent into our team - if its done through free agents or youth policy or precontract agreements, then fine. But at some time, we will have to face the facts that good players can command high prices. We can't afford to start splashing the cash but at the same time, there are false economies in refusing to pay anything for players if that prevents us getting into the money of winning the important games.

"Rangers refuse to pay £8m asking price for Belgium striker Emile Mpenza."

Taken from the BBC website on July 2001. Just aswell we never payed that much for him. His career has gone downhill, 27 years old and was playing in Dubai!

Taken from the BBC website on July 2001. Just aswell we never payed that much for him. His career has gone downhill, 27 years old and was playing in Dubai!

While I understand Dubai is hardly a footballing hotbed just yet, if he's good enough for a few Prem clubs to be sniffing around him then surely he's good enough for the SPL.

While I understand Dubai is hardly a footballing hotbed just yet, if he's good enough for a few Prem clubs to be sniffing around him then surely he's good enough for the SPL.

I was just making the point that we refused to offer £8million, I think we went up to £6.7million for him.

Only reason Man City signed him was due to the window being shut and him being available to move at this time in the season. Decent player.