Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

The p.c. brigade, seem to have no beliefs of their own, but seem prepared to crush and criticise everyone elses. The Protestant Reformation, to me, was a monumental turning point in history. The spiritual lights were switched on, and the power of a corrupt papacy was challenged. It took brave men indeed to stand up to the false teachings of Rome, but they did. The bible was translated from Latin, so everybody could read it. The Pope or a priest, was not the divine channel to God, it was open to anybody. Indulgences were a big concern; that people could buy a place in heaven, by paying the church to remove all sins. In this day and age, the Reformation has been largely forgotten. It is all taken for granted that we do not live under the rule of a church which will keep us in ignorance, and poverty, as seen in most R.C. countries of the world. Rangers supporters should have no hesitation in standing up as Protestants, if they wish. It is a gift passed down through hundreds of years, from men, some who sacrificed with their lives. Politically correct people, believe in nothing. They create nothing. Their role in life, is like some form of Hitler youth, to grass and inform on others beliefs.

What pish this is especially the part abount no beliefs - I am one of the PC band (as we seem to get called on here). You have NO ideas what my beliefs are, nor how deep I hold them, nor what I do to defend them. However my belief, my religion and my politics have got NOTHING to do with Football, so I refrain from trying to tie my causes to a football team.

I feel extremely sorry for you that becuase you, and others fail to accept that the majority or Rangers fans support the team because of the football and wont rally round your beliefs.

What you seem to have problems with is that the vast majority of Rangers fans do NOT hold the same beliefs as you. Many of us realised a long time ago that Rangers are a Football club. They are NOT a Unionist society, a political movement nor a religious institution; they are a Football team. They are a glorious football team, they have a fantastic footballing traditions and history. As I keep saying take away the football and you wouuld have nothing, take away all the religious, unionist and political garbage and you will still have the greatest football team on the planet!

Alot of big sides are political and religious.

Real madrid and Barca are political as are Boca and River Plate..........Roma and Lazio are political while Rangers and Celtic are both Political and religious...........part and parcel of football worldwide

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The p.c. brigade, seem to have no beliefs of their own, but seem prepared to crush and criticise everyone elses. The Protestant Reformation, to me, was a monumental turning point in history. The spiritual lights were switched on, and the power of a corrupt papacy was challenged. It took brave men indeed to stand up to the false teachings of Rome, but they did. The bible was translated from Latin, so everybody could read it. The Pope or a priest, was not the divine channel to God, it was open to anybody. Indulgences were a big concern; that people could buy a place in heaven, by paying the church to remove all sins. In this day and age, the Reformation has been largely forgotten. It is all taken for granted that we do not live under the rule of a church which will keep us in ignorance, and poverty, as seen in most R.C. countries of the world. Rangers supporters should have no hesitation in standing up as Protestants, if they wish. It is a gift passed down through hundreds of years, from men, some who sacrificed with their lives. Politically correct people, believe in nothing. They create nothing. Their role in life, is like some form of Hitler youth, to grass and inform on others beliefs.

What pish this is especially the part abount no beliefs - I am one of the PC band (as we seem to get called on here). You have NO ideas what my beliefs are, nor how deep I hold them, nor what I do to defend them. However my belief, my religion and my politics have got NOTHING to do with Football, so I refrain from trying to tie my causes to a football team.

I feel extremely sorry for you that becuase you, and others fail to accept that the majority or Rangers fans support the team because of the football and wont rally round your beliefs.

What you seem to have problems with is that the vast majority of Rangers fans do NOT hold the same beliefs as you. Many of us realised a long time ago that Rangers are a Football club. They are NOT a Unionist society, a political movement nor a religious institution; they are a Football team. They are a glorious football team, they have a fantastic footballing traditions and history. As I keep saying take away the football and you wouuld have nothing, take away all the religious, unionist and political garbage and you will still have the greatest football team on the planet!

Alot of big sides are political and religious.

Real madrid and Barca are political as are Boca and River Plate..........Roma and Lazio are political while Rangers and Celtic are both Political and religious...........part and parcel of football worldwide

Well said mate (tu)

Yes of course they do, but how many of those self same fans consider their religion and political views to run in conjunction with supporting Rangers?

I know one or two and i'm sure they know a few more - not critical mass I know but certainly strong circumstancial evidence to refute your claim that the MAJORITY are there solely for footballing reasons?

OK - answer two questions - these people of 'faith' you know - how well do they actually support their church / faith - or they actually just 'religious' because they percieve that affirms their support for Rangers ?

When you go to a match - how much time do you spend discussing the politics and religios issues of the day (I assume none) and how much time do you spend discussing football/players/ tactis etc. - (I suggest most of the time)? are you different?

The p.c. brigade I was referring to, are those outside the club, who will take every opportunity to have a pop at Rangers, for anything. The Protestant tradition I refer to is amongst the fans. Maybe you think it is piss, but I only go by what I see and hear. My father was brought up in staunchly Protestant part of Liverpool, Netherfield Road. He thought the Orange thing was a total waste of time. That was his beliefs and I respected them. The day the majority of the Rangers crowd, start booing Derrys Walls, because it is 'totally wrong' to sing that type of song, then you have won your argument. I have not got a clue who you are, but i do not need one bit of your sympathy. If the vast majority of Rangers fans do not hold the same beliefs as me, then who are the thousands belting out the songs? Are they a minority? UEFA have come down Rangers for the Billy Boys. Why then did they not come down on Barcelona, for the I.R.A. flags, and 'Our day will come' banner, a very big banner, which I could read from the opposite end of the ground? Why were they not punished for their fans trying to provoke the Rangers fans on the top deck, right through the game.? Its all part of the same P.C. shit. My beef, is with those who punish Rangers, but ignore the behaviour of other clubs supporters. You are entitled to your views, and I will stick with mine.

The p.c. brigade I was referring to, are those outside the club, who will take every opportunity to have a pop at Rangers, for anything. The Protestant tradition I refer to is amongst the fans. Maybe you think it is piss, but I only go by what I see and hear. My father was brought up in staunchly Protestant part of Liverpool, Netherfield Road. He thought the Orange thing was a total waste of time. That was his beliefs and I respected them. The day the majority of the Rangers crowd, start booing Derrys Walls, because it is 'totally wrong' to sing that type of song, then you have won your argument. I have not got a clue who you are, but i do not need one bit of your sympathy. If the vast majority of Rangers fans do not hold the same beliefs as me, then who are the thousands belting out the songs? Are they a minority? UEFA have come down Rangers for the Billy Boys. Why then did they not come down on Barcelona, for the I.R.A. flags, and 'Our day will come' banner, a very big banner, which I could read from the opposite end of the ground? Why were they not punished for their fans trying to provoke the Rangers fans on the top deck, right through the game.? Its all part of the same P.C. shit. My beef, is with those who punish Rangers, but ignore the behaviour of other clubs supporters. You are entitled to your views, and I will stick with mine.

Great Post. (tu)

Fuck another of the 'Its always us that gets picked on Paranoia Brigade' - everyone else does bad stuff so I want to do it to - Boo Whoo! Where we distinguish ourselves from others is we don't stoop to the lowest common denominator, we realise that integrity and respect are something that must be fought for and maintained! Your sole argument seems to be lets stoop to 'their' level cause everyone else is against us.

For all these people who claim Rangers supported through religous ties to i'd be curious to see a poll of how many rangers fans actually go to church still and regularly. I admit i stopped when i was still a kid.

For all these people who claim Rangers supported through religous ties to i'd be curious to see a poll of how many rangers fans actually go to church still and regularly. I admit i stopped when i was still a kid.

You can be a proud Rangers supporting Protestant without going to Church FFS!

I just don't get how people can claim to be Protestants and some haven't been near a church in their puff except for a wedding

I just don't get how people can claim to be Protestants and some haven't been near a church in their puff except for a wedding

Maybe they were born Protestants ! That's enough in my eyes!

Well if you look carefully at the post you just quoted....

That's how :rolleyes:

Enough for Luther too...

Well if you look carefully at the post you just quoted....

That's how :rolleyes:

well ofcourse you can claim to be anything if you just say it. Its just my opinion that to claim you're actually Protestant it should involve some form of church going. I'm not going to condemn people for being Protestant in their own way, i just find it ridiculous myself, its like taking all the easy bits of being Protestant.

You cant be born protestant...its not an extra limb

You need to be baptised

You need to be baptised

I go to church now and then but have never been baptized ! I'm a proud Protestant from a proud protestant family , or i am ?

It's great being a Proddy though Eh ? Especially a British Prod ! Must be hell being the likes of a tim, no real place to call home and nobody wants them ! Sort of bastard religion for gypsies ! :sherlock:

T'was on the tip of my blue tongue BD !!

You need to be baptised

Could you expand on that?

Who says you need to be baptised to be a Protestant?

I'm not entirely sure, and correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it the Protestant church's faith that you have to be baptised to go to heaven.

You need to be baptised

I'm not entirely sure, and correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it the Protestant church's faith that you have to be baptised to go to heaven.

I'm not in a position to correct you, I don't know whether you are wrong.

It's just that I had never heard that you have to be baptised to be a a Protestant, I was wondering where it came from.

I'm not sure that there's any such thing as 'the Protestant Church' never mind 'the Protestant church's faith'.

You need to be baptised

What Protestant church mate ? There's a few! Presbyterians don't need baptized for instance!

You need to be baptised

What Protestant church mate ? There's a few! Presbyterians don't need baptized for instance!

I can only go by the Free Church of Scotland because that's what I went to on Lewis, i don't mean to offend anyone saying you have any less right to claim to be Protestants, its just my opinion, I don't even claim to be that much of a Protestant now that I don't go to church.

You need to be baptised

I'm not in a position to correct you, I don't know whether you are wrong.

It's just that I had never heard that you have to be baptised to be a a Protestant, I was wondering where it came from.

I'm not sure that there's any such thing as 'the Protestant Church' never mind 'the Protestant church's faith'.

sorry was just phrasing it wrong, putting "the" in front of Protestant

You need to be baptised

I can only go by the Free Church of Scotland because that's what I went to on Lewis, i don't mean to offend anyone saying you have any less right to claim to be Protestants, its just my opinion, I don't even claim to be that much of a Protestant now that I don't go to church.

Too much Weed Loyal !