Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

Ah Minstral, still spinning I see. Read it again and look at the tense please. Your opening post Minstral, that's where you suggest it.

Read it again and tell me where i said we still are connected. :)

Ach Minstral your just at it now. Are you not suggesting the orange Order should hold a service at Ibrox and that flute bands should play at half time? Wasn't that what you suggested?

What i suggested was that i would like the OO to be allowed to have their Sunday Parade back again at Ibrox, and the flute band at half time was said tongue in cheek as most poster know. For a start no way would Murray allow that to happen as he cares nothing about any of our traditions never mind our Protestant traditions. :)

Good, at least you now accept you did suggest it cause for a while there you weren't keen on admitting it.

Maybe Murray is more in tune with the bulk of our support on this than you are, most simply don't care mate. To most the orange order are an anachronism. Each to their own, and if quasi-military/religious marching organisations are what rocks your boat then good luck to you, but let's not pretend they are in any way representative of the majority.

Of all the nonsense I've read over the years, this post takes top prize. Straight from the Bheastly handbook of attacking all things Protestant/Unionist. Can you tell me how you know what the majority think? Have you conducted a poll? Have you sent out a questionaire? I really do despair at this self loathing, love me, love me phish.

Quasi military? Are you for real mate?

Anyone else noticed how much these people hate everything connected with the Orange Institutions, Protestant religion and decent Rangers supporters who care about the past? Please don't tell me the 100,000 people on Saturday in Glasgow and Ayrshire are a minority or involved in a quasi military organisation, it really is extremely patronising and some would say very ignorant of what it's really about.

I really do despair at the gum bleeders and Bheasts on this thread.

I'm a liking your style Wills !! (tu) Let the others talk phish ,we welcome the chase! :pipe:

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a sad day when one has to refrain from the Protestant sentiments with the club just to placate our enemies.

Utter shite. Sorry Minstral, you do what you want to do, asl long as its not sectarian. We still do enjoy the proterstant sentiments as you say, with the Sash and DW's, so what are you on about?

Why all the cliched, drama queen quotes from the non practicing, uber Prods?? :craphead:

Rangers The Complete Record

This book describes the club as the club of the Protestant faith, saying the Union flag, the Union Jack , was inevitably the flag of the establishment Rangers, the club of the Protestant faith, of the Monarchy and the Union, not to mention of the Masonic order and the Orange movement.

They would love for this not to be true but it is and we are a more respected club all the more for it, so keep on battering it in to the scum Minst. :sherlock:

Its a sad day when one has to refrain from the Protestant sentiments with the club just to placate our enemies.

Not just Protestant sentiments but uber Protestant sentiments don't ya know Minst. These people really do hate Rangers more than they support their own team. :sherlock:

Religion belongs nowhere but Church !!!

Separation of Church, State & Sport Loyal !!!

Tell me why Rangers would not play on the sabbath in our early days. :)

Aye, Minstral, isn't it amazing how things have changed in the last 100+ years. I remember half day closing on Sat and Wed as well, pubs closed at 10pm, average life expectancy was 45, TV wasn't invented, Radios didn't exist, disease was rife but life moved on and here we are, things have changed but still you persist with the old ' that how it used to be - so it should be now' crap that you peddle all the time. Move on have some fun enjoying what is and what is to be!

No thanks all my memories and best days following our club are in the past, and that where i am happy to stay. And as you say things do move on as our club have done, but sad to say not for the better. We now have to watch boring football, plus showing fear to clubs that our reserves should be able to beat. We have a owner who is to busy trying to be friends with everyone and even has a go at his own fans, who also allows a Celtic strip with the name Lennon on the back to be displayed on the wall. We are that skint that we will sell anyone if the money is right, and cant afford to buy players, so no thanks i will stay in the past with the Real Rangers and that will keep me happy until i leave this world and go up above to join the rest of my absent friends.

To be honest Minstral that is one of the saddest posts that I have ever read. Its a shame that you cant find any joy in whats happening, nor do you have any sense of anticipation for the future - I feel that is a shame. We all like to look back with fond memories of times we have enjoyed and sometimes life seems to have changed for ever and the good times seem gone. But any future should be full of hope and expectation and it seems that you have decided that no form of 'todays' Rangers is going to suit you and so you look to the past. How sad!

Nothing sad about Minstrals posts. He has his beliefs, and people try to twist the whole thing to suit their piss weak arguments. There has always been a Protestant tradition in the Rangers support. Fact. It is something which the Tims slag us off for, and it seems some, a very small number, on RM. I have never heard these negative views from Rangers followers I know. Before anyone starts asking for percentages, I only know a tiny percentage of Rangers fans.

Indeed they are, the Orange Order are unrepresentative of the Protestant population of Scotland, be them nominal or active, fact. They are now a minority interest group, fact. To suggest they should have anything to do with Rangers these days is a denial of reality, fact.

Is this really dealing in facts and details Brissybear ?

The Orange Order are one of the most visible representations of Protestanism in Scotland. What other Protestant institution manages to gather over 50,000 people in Glasgow every July ? Perhaps you could be good enough to enlighten us......

Perhaps its worth reminding ourselves that membership of the Orange Order requires active church membership. Throughout this thread there has been a determination to seperate Orangeism from Protestantism which is impossible to do - as the former insists on membership of the latter.

Brissybear and AM.what you have failed to grasp throughout this thread is that Orange Order members are part of the Protestant community in Scotland..... for example the curent Grand Master of the Orange Lodge in Scotland. Ian Wilson.is the organist in his local church.

Perhaps Brissy or Am you would be good enought to cite some examples of events (apart from normal Sunday worship) which is representative of the Protestant community in Scotland.

I replied to your last post point by point at least have the courtesy of addressing that one before you post another batch.

Had you made valid points I would have AM - but to be honest most of your "point by point" answers were little more than subjective personal opinion and the expression of fairly negative opinion about the opening poster.

But I'm not a Protestant. :mellow:

I couldn't give a flying monkeys if you're Muslim, Hindu, Budhist or Catholic as long as you are a loyal Rangers fan you're one of us, however respect the heritage of our club and support and let us celebrate it.

Best reply yet, and the word is RESPECT ! (tu):sherlock:

Nothing sad about Minstrals posts. He has his beliefs, and people try to twist the whole thing to suit their piss weak arguments. There has always been a Protestant tradition in the Rangers support. Fact. It is something which the Tims slag us off for, and it seems some, a very small number, on RM. I have never heard these negative views from Rangers followers I know. Before anyone starts asking for percentages, I only know a tiny percentage of Rangers fans.

The tims hate everything about us and posts like this only bring them out of their holes in the wall. Usual suspects right enough, people you've never seen and are never likely to see at Rangers and Protestant gatherings. :sherlock:

Reading through the thread I find it quite sad that so many are against or don't care about the Rangers tradition I grew up with.

Thankfully the people I am friendly with share the same beliefs I have.

I'm delighted to say though that the handwringing PC brigade are conspicuous by their absence around me at Ibrox. Do these people only appear on internet message boards?because I honestly do not know any

This about sums it up, they only exist on here and as for the so many against it only seems that way, the old bheggar ploy, empty cans make the most noise, the way they do wearing their green and grey rags night and day to make it look as if they are in the majority in this country. They are mentally insane and really dirty.! :sherlock:

Reading through the thread I find it quite sad that so many are against or don't care about the Rangers tradition I grew up with.

I'm delighted to say though that the handwringing PC brigade are conspicuous by their absence around me at Ibrox. Do these people only appear on internet message boards?because I honestly do not know any

This about sums it up, they only exist on here and as for the so many against it only seems that way, the old bheggar ploy, empty cans make the most noise, the way they do wearing their green and grey rags night and day to make it look as if they are in the majority in this country. They are mentally insane and really dirty.! :sherlock:

I love the way that you try to bully people on this topic BD - it shows you up for the smalll minded person you are - your atttude is that "if you are NOT protestant you are not a Rangers supporter and are one of them". But frankly thats pathetic. I am sure your bullying will intimidate a small number of posters, and endear you to some of the weaker members who are so berift of their own personal worth they will latch on to you. Howeveras you know but continually deny - Rangers is about the football - take away all the other stuff and you are still left with a fantastic institution, take away the football and there is fuck all there!

I probably know more Rangers fans than the average person because of the work I used to be involved with in Glasgow and surrounding areas. Over the past 30 years I have come into contact with thousands of Rangers fans and have never heard them express these negative views. I did however hear it constantly from the enemy.

I probably know more Rangers fans than the average person because of the work I used to be involved with in Glasgow and surrounding areas. Over the past 30 years I have come into contact with thousands of Rangers fans and have never heard them express these negative views. I did however hear it constantly from the enemy.

Aye ,we hear it on here from the enemy within ! :rolleyes:

I love the way that you try to bully people on this topic BD - it shows you up for the smalll minded person you are - your atttude is that "if you are NOT protestant you are not a Rangers supporter and are one of them". But frankly thats pathetic. I am sure your bullying will intimidate a small number of posters, and endear you to some of the weaker members who are so berift of their own personal worth they will latch on to you. Howeveras you know but continually deny - Rangers is about the football - take away all the other stuff and you are still left with a fantastic institution, take away the football and there is fuck all there!

Don't talk shite during the poor footballing years all that was left on the the terracing were Loyal Protestants all the rest had disappeared like snaw aff a dyke ! And another thing, We are not a Protestant Club ? Try telling paul le guen that ! :sherlock:

Don't talk shite during the poor footballing years all that was left on the the terracing were Loyal Protestants all the rest had disappeared like snaw aff a dyke ! And another thing, We are not a Protestant Club ? Try telling paul le guen that ! :sherlock:

LOL - You dont think your arguments through very well do you?

PLG left for one reason only - he was gash!

If Murray had NOT changed our team and attitudes and ended the "poor footballing year" we would have crowds the size of Livingston now - that goodness Murray broke down all the barriers for team and supporters alike and started filling Ibrox again and keeping the club strong with full stadiums nearly every home game. Its about the football! Get over it

If Murray had NOT changed our team and attitudes and ended the "poor footballing year" we would have crowds the size of Livingston now - that goodness Murray broke down all the barriers for team and supporters alike and started filling Ibrox again and keeping the club strong with full stadiums nearly every home game. Its about the football! Get over it

Aye but they'd all be Prods because if Rangers weren't successful, the glory hunting 'new order' would be out of here like shit through a goose.

Indeed they are, the Orange Order are unrepresentative of the Protestant population of Scotland, be them nominal or active, fact. They are now a minority interest group, fact. To suggest they should have anything to do with Rangers these days is a denial of reality, fact.

Is this really dealing in facts and details Brissybear ?

The Orange Order are one of the most visible representations of Protestanism in Scotland. What other Protestant institution manages to gather over 50,000 people in Glasgow every July ? Perhaps you could be good enough to enlighten us......

Perhaps its worth reminding ourselves that membership of the Orange Order requires active church membership. Throughout this thread there has been a determination to seperate Orangeism from Protestantism which is impossible to do - as the former insists on membership of the latter.

Brissybear and AM.what you have failed to grasp throughout this thread is that Orange Order members are part of the Protestant community in Scotland..... for example the curent Grand Master of the Orange Lodge in Scotland. Ian Wilson.is the organist in his local church.

Perhaps Brissy or Am you would be good enought to cite some examples of events (apart from normal Sunday worship) which is representative of the Protestant community in Scotland.

I replied to your last post point by point at least have the courtesy of addressing that one before you post another batch.

Had you made valid points I would have AM - but to be honest most of your "point by point" answers were little more than subjective personal opinion and the expression of fairly negative opinion about the opening poster.

I'd have thought subjective personal opinion (I'm not sure who else's opinion I'm supposed to give though) lacking any validity would have been pretty simple to take apart then.

I don't know Minstral, the only negative opinion I hold of him is in regard to this thread, don't extrapolate anything from that or use it as an excuse for you deciding you don't want to play any more.

Aye but they'd all be Prods because if Rangers weren't successful, the glory hunting 'new order' would be out of here like shit through a goose.

So basically you would rather have a crap club with less tha 2,000 supporters that has a 'Prod' identity than support Rangers- fair enough but that club aint Rangers - why dont you go and do what the Man U fans did and go form your own club and leave the rest of us supporting our club, instead of foisting outdated concepts on todays Rangers supporter.

Bluepeter9 no way is our club strong, at the moment we are struggling money wise and cant afford to sign decent players. we are forever getting attacked in the press and media without as much as a fightback. The Rangers way used to be trying to win every game, and never scared of any team, also proud of our traditions and proud to wear the jersey, a club who used to respect our fans. Murray done okay when he first came in and brought us success, but now he seems to have lost heart for the club, and when he does go will leave us much weaker, plus a divided support.

So basically you would rather have a crap club with less tha 2,000 supporters that has a 'Prod' identity than support Rangers- fair enough but that club aint Rangers - why dont you go and do what the Man U fans did and go form your own club and leave the rest of us supporting our club, instead of foisting outdated concepts on todays Rangers supporter.

Do you misunderstand deliberately or just for some comedy effect? You're the one who suggested the low turnout, i merely pointed out that of the remaining support, the Prods would be there after the Uber anti-prods have f*cked off.

so if you ask a question you are immediatley an uber anti prod now im struggling to get my head round this thread,

if you believe in the traditions and fight for them your an Uber-prod

if you question the traditions your Uber anti- prod

so if your somewhere inbetween what you gonna call that ?

cant we just all get along and do whats best for what we all believe in

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

Do you misunderstand deliberately or just for some comedy effect? You're the one who suggested the low turnout, i merely pointed out that of the remaining support, the Prods would be there after the Uber anti-prods have f*cked off.

Bolton you are spot on. (tu)