Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 pages of tripe. Very little people in here seem to not really understand Protestantism.

Must have interested some people to make 5 pages, but please tell me, are we known as a Protestant club.

Rangers has a following of all sorts of religions all over the world. I understand your point but some people need to move with the times. Being a protestant isn't something you should use to batter other religions with.

Rangers' players and fans today are multi-national and of various religious and political affiliations, although the club have traditionally been identified with and favoured the Protestant and Unionist community of Scotland, as well as the Unionist community in Northern Ireland.

Where was this copied and pasted from?

Am I the only one on RM that never reads this sort of thread?

It depresses me :(

Aw cheer up Papa ,it ain't that bad

It's either;

Bears arguing with Bears.

Too many politics for a football club.

Or

People denying that we're a historically Protestant club, but a club who has modernised and doesn't have the same religious restraints as before.

Depression from every angle!

It's being modern and leaving the spine behind that saddens me! :(

Nail in the head. (tu)

Being modern has developed us to have key Catholic players tho'?

Sure, they will claim to be a Protestant, ask them if they believe in God and they don't. Religion is dying, thankfully. It is the root of all evil. What a life it would be without it.

I think that's it in one Dietspam.

Nothing worse than hearing someone say: "I support Rangers/Celtic therefore I'm Protestant/Catholic."

(tu)

Too many people peddle religion symbolically around here, in association with Rangers, in frankly a crass and insulting manner.

It's no better than Boruc abusing Catholicism at Ibrox.

I get the feeling that without Rangers, the majority of proud proddies here wouldn't give a flying funk about their religion - and with Rangers they see it as something which makes us so different from timmy.

It's about one upmanship and not true faith.

I am in agreement.

5 pages of tripe. Very little people in here seem to not really understand Protestantism.

Must have interested some people to make 5 pages, but please tell me, are we known as a Protestant club.

Rangers has a following of all sorts of religions all over the world. I understand your point but some people need to move with the times. Being a protestant isn't something you should use to batter other religions with.

Rangers' players and fans today are multi-national and of various religious and political affiliations, although the club have traditionally been identified with and favoured the Protestant and Unionist community of Scotland, as well as the Unionist community in Northern Ireland.

What makes you think it's copied and pasted ? :craphead: I'm pretty sure he got it from Wikipedia.

It's either;

Or

People denying that we're a historically Protestant club, but a club who has modernised and doesn't have the same religious restraints as before.

Nail in the head. (tu)

Boab i have always said catholic players are welcome and have no problem with catholics, many of many of my pals are not Protestant. :)

It's either;

Or

Nail in the head. (tu)

Welcolme to the thread Boab!

I would say we're a Protestant club ,not an anti Catholic one ! Sure, signing tims has helped us progress in modern times , but we,ve still got traditions to defend.......now where did i leave that spine of mine.........

What makes you think it's copied and pasted ? :craphead: I'm pretty sure he got it from Wikipedia.

Not sure, I'll let you guess :craphead: (Namely there being punctuation and no spelling mistakes truck me as strange...)

You're probably right that it was from wiki.

Some folk just don't understand the concept of internet fishing.

Anyway great post minstral, hopefully it will come to pass when the current charlatans are gone.

Maybe even restore our earlier signing practices, the ones that won us a European Trophy?

Now that's fishing.

We won a European cup for singing ? :unsure:

Aye, The Sash won the 1972 Eurovision, did you not know that?

Luxemburg won it with Apres Toi, in edinburgh

Some folk just don't understand the concept of internet fishing.

Anyway great post minstral, hopefully it will come to pass when the current charlatans are gone.

Maybe even restore our earlier signing practices, the ones that won us a European Trophy?

Now that's fishing.

We won a European cup for singing ? :unsure:

Aye, The Sash won the 1972 Eurovision, did you not know that?

Luxemburg won it with Apres Toi, in edinburgh

They must have sung it latin to stop the Sash from winning it. :mad:

Religion doesnt come into it for me, but if people want to associate the club with protestantism then i dont have a problem. Each to their own, I dont have any religious beliefs so I cant really talk about that side of it.

I wouldnt condemn others for singing the Sash or whatnot if thats what they want to do.