Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know fine well what parade you were on about. What you seem to be struggling with is the idea that they actually aren't in anyway important now, they don't represent the Protestant tradition in Scotland and hold very little interest for the majority of Rangers fans.

I respectfully disagree AM. To suggest that they dont represent the Protestant tradition in Scotland is completely erroneous.

This is a regular march which has been undertaken for years by a percentage of the Protestant population of Scotland (The Orange and other Orders) and which is attended by members of the Protestant community who are not in any of the Orders.

An analogy can be drawn with the Boys Brigade where the participants are exlusively BB members but which is enjoyed by the whole Protestant community some of whom have no affiliation to the BB.

On your first post I saw no mention of Thistle, that was what I was highlighting.

My point throughout this thread is it is a very, very small percentage and so they are in no way representative, they represent only themselves. If so many enjoy it why don't they join it.

The analogy with the BB is a poor one. The organisations are in no way similar.

Old BD is proud of you Minst, couldn't have done better myself, this thread has confirmed a few on here I've been sus about for quite some time. (tu):sherlock:

(tu) Out ,out ,out!!!

That an admission MacWoodburn ya auld handwrining basaa?! :uk:;):pipe:

Old BD is proud of you Minst, couldn't have done better myself, this thread has confirmed a few on here I've been sus about for quite some time. (tu):sherlock:

(tu) Out ,out ,out!!!

Me a handringer ?? No never no more!!!

I'll give you the auld bit though!! :uk:

(tu) Out ,out ,out!!!

Me a handringer ?? No never no more!!!

I'll give you the auld bit though!! :uk:

I'm probably one of the ones considered a handwringer so who am I to talk anyway! :D

And Minstral saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Minstral saith unto them, I go a fishing.

They say unto him, We also go with thee.

They went forth, and entered into a thread immediately; and that night they caught nothing.

So the fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish.

For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter themselves with their tongue.

It was written so.

They went forth, and entered into a thread immediately; and that night they caught nothing.

So the fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish.

For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter themselves with their tongue.

It was written so.

Booker prize material no cigar ! :sherlock:

R u Minstral,

R u Minstral,

R u Minstral in disguise !

FFS!

Now I know that some of you already think I am a fud BUT this post of mine looks completely out of context here as I posted this on a thread where someone had started the same debate (kenedyk I think) - thanks admin! :lol:

I have to say, when it comes to the RM awards next season, the catagory for fishing will be won by Minstral for fishing in general and a special mention for this humongeous catch! - The thread that kept the long summer weeks alive!

I have put the replies in this thread into 3 categories : defo jhungles / jhournos / lonely, sad, attention seekin declan nae mates. Sorry 4 categories last but not least Real Rangers supporters. Will sort out who's who later, in the meantime I'm showered, shaved, seen an old friend off to the sea now I'm off to The Walk, SURE SURE SURE SURE SURE SURE ! Have a good day lads ! :cheers::uk::crabflute::crabflute::crabflute::crabflute::scot::sherlock:

I have put the replies in this thread into 3 categories : defo jhungles / jhournos / lonely, sad, attention seekin declan nae mates. Sorry 4 categories last but not least Real Rangers supporters. Will sort out who's who later, in the meantime I'm showered, shaved, seen an old friend off to the sea now I'm off to The Walk, SURE SURE SURE SURE SURE SURE ! Have a good day lads ! :cheers::uk::crabflute::crabflute::crabflute::crabflute::scot::sherlock:

sorry BD you forgot dinasauers, ubber-prods and 'The Moderate Majoirity' from your listing!! :lol:

(BTW I have done the SSS and now away for a latte and biscoti)

It was written so

My name is Andrew and i was one of the desciples in a earlier life, god allowed me back on to this earth to support the Rangers and promote them as the Protestant Club in the world. I speak to him every night as i say my prayers before going to bed, he said that all our absent friends are getting ready for the Orange walk up in heaven this year, and is happy that Michael Jackson will be part of this years parade, as he was so good at Moonwalking that he will lead this years parade. :D

sorry BD you forgot dinasauers, ubber-prods and 'The Moderate Majoirity' from your listing!! :lol:

(BTW I have done the SSS and now away for a latte and biscoti)

Also for got the paranoid category. BD, you go right in at number one. :pipe:

The reason i ask is because a lot of Rangers fans claim to be Protestant, but actually, they couldn't give a fuck about God, and only take the title "Protestant: because they think if you support Rangers, you have to be. And that it's just another opposite to Celtic.

I don't know any Rangers fan who thinks they 'have to be' Protestant. I know a lot of fans who, like myself, come from a Protestant background and are very proud of that, although they are not religious themselves. I don't see any problem with that, why do you...?

i think you need to be protestant because it certainly seems that way to me anytime i say anything against it on this forum i get slated for it

I think its time to let the world know that we are a Protestant club and not ashamed of it. For a start we should bring back the annual Orange parade to Ibrox where it belongs and dont worry what the PC brigade think. If it was good enough for our fathers and grandfathers to be proud of our protestant traditions, then we should all be proud and stop trying to appease the Pc brigade. I think the club should have a flute band at every home game to entertain our fans and play the Sash before every home game. We should welcome all religions to Ibrox but stop being scared to tell the whole world that we are a protestant club and not ashamed of our past. :uk:

Rangers are a FOOTBALL club, not a religion or in any way affiliated to a religion. There is no place on a football field or any other sporting field for religion.

If you want to follow a religion, go to a church or whatever building your religion preaches in. If you want to see a game of football, go to a football park.

Every citizen on Earth has the right to follow whatever religion floats their boat. Just as they have the right to follow whatever football team they want.

If you look at all the troubles in the world, past and present and look at what's behind 90% of them... religion.

Religions cause more trouble than they solve. So to me, religion is good for absolutely nothing.

finally someone who speaks sense

The reason i ask is because a lot of Rangers fans claim to be Protestant, but actually, they couldn't give a fuck about God, and only take the title "Protestant: because they think if you support Rangers, you have to be. And that it's just another opposite to Celtic.

I don't know any Rangers fan who thinks they 'have to be' Protestant. I know a lot of fans who, like myself, come from a Protestant background and are very proud of that, although they are not religious themselves. I don't see any problem with that, why do you...?

i think you need to be protestant because it certainly seems that way to me anytime i say anything against it on this forum i get slated for it

That's because you are a f****n bastard

No offense like, but away back to terrorist minded mate

That's because you are a f****n bastard

No offense like, but away back to terrorist minded mate

what are u talking about ?

You support Celtc mate, you shag your sister and you find children attractive

very good, the truth is that you are of limited intelligence