Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

Some folk just don't understand the concept of internet fishing.

Anyway great post minstral, hopefully it will come to pass when the current charlatans are gone.

Maybe even restore our earlier signing practices, the ones that won us a European Trophy?

Now that's fishing.

We won a European cup for singing ? :unsure:

Aye, The Sash won the 1972 Eurovision, did you not know that?

Luxemburg won it with Apres Toi, in edinburgh

We chased that mob up the Gallowgate ! :sherlock:

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Church attendance is at an all time low. 30-40 years ago, the churches were full. Now, you are a freak if you discuss matters of a spiritual nature. I think its a shame really.

I think it's a misconception to talk about religion in terms of church attendance (not that it's completely irrelevant).

Firstly, plenty of believers don't go to church, and secondly religions are social/ cultural phenomena, not just spiritual.

You can not be a protestant until you have been baptised into the Presbyterian church

That is utter bollox.

It does help though. Interestingly (or perhaps not) I was the first minsters son to be baptised in the church I was baptised in.

You can not be a protestant until you have been baptised into the Presbyterian church

That is utter bollox.

It does help though. Interestingly (or perhaps not) I was the first minsters son to be baptised in the church I was baptised in.

Not the point.

It may help you being a Presbyterian, but you don't have to be a Presbyterian to be a Protestant :rolleyes:

That is utter bollox.

Not the point.

It may help you being a Presbyterian, but you don't have to be a Presbyterian to be a Protestant :rolleyes:

Thats true enough mate, bearing in mind Pastor Jack Glass's Zion Baptist Church which says its protestant.

Thats true enough mate, bearing in mind Pastor Jack Glass's Zion Baptist Church which says its protestant.

Ah the old days, Pastor G selling The Scottish Protestant View outside Ibrox.....

I'd love it if he tried selling it outside Darkeid, now that would've been a belter

Ah the old days, Pastor G selling The Scottish Protestant View outside Ibrox.....

I'd love it if he tried selling it outside Darkeid, now that would've been a belter

It's a Club open to all.......

It's a Club open to all.......

All except those who take a pride in being Scottish and/or British

A Protestant club open to all cultures yet we are classed as the bigots. :(

Gie's the Sash Minst and forget these people who will disappear like snaw aff a dyke wance they realise that The People are not for turning ! (tu):crabflute::sherlock:

Quite a revealing thread. Sometimes the clue is not in whats said but in whats not been said.

Minstral's opening post was clear and unequivocal and yet throughout the course of the thread it has been hijacked to take on a different nature.

It seems some Bears are determined to airbrush any connections the Orange Order has had with our club, or to deny that the Order themselves are one of a number of Protestant institutions.

I thought revisionist history was the domain of the tims.

The facts are there. They cannot be denied. Live with it...and if you cant...I would respectfully suggest you find another club.

Quite a revealing thread. Sometimes the clue is not in whats said but in whats not been said.

Minstral's opening post was clear and unequivocal and yet throughout the course of the thread it has been hijacked to take on a different nature.

It seems some Bears are determined to airbrush any connections the Orange Order has had with our club, or to deny that the Order themselves are one of a number of Protestant institutions.

The facts are there. They cannot be denied. Live with it...and if you cant...I would respectfully suggest you find another club.

Well said.

You mean the way Minstral keeps spinning when asked a straight question?

Anytime Minstral is actually pressed on the original post he fudges and plays his 'we've always been a Protestant club' line as if it is a magic get out of jail card rather than answer the fact that the Orange order are largely irrelevant to almost the entire population of the country today. His opening post is nonsense, fishing or not it's still a ridiculous suggestion.

Not true, some Bears just aren't able to look in any direction but backwards though.

Who has revised history?

The facts are there.

Indeed they are, the Orange Order are unrepresentative of the Protestant population of Scotland, be them nominal or active, fact. They are now a minority interest group, fact. To suggest they should have anything to do with Rangers these days is a denial of reality, fact.

They cannot be denied.

And yet I think some will try....

Live with it...and if you cant...I would respectfully suggest you find another club.

Well done, it's so much nicer when you use 'respectfully' in your insult. It seems that you are the one struggling to 'live with it'.

Anytime Minstral is actually pressed on the original post he fudges and plays his 'we've always been a Protestant club' line as if it is a magic get out of jail card rather than answer the fact that the Orange order are largely irrelevant to almost the entire population of the country today. His opening post is nonsense, fishing or not it's still a ridiculous suggestion.

Not true, some Bears just aren't able to look in any direction but backwards though.

Who has revised history?

The facts are there.

Indeed they are, the Orange Order are unrepresentative of the Protestant population of Scotland, be them nominal or active, fact. They are now a minority interest group, fact. To suggest they should have anything to do with Rangers these days is a denial of reality, fact.

They cannot be denied.

Live with it...and if you cant...I would respectfully suggest you find another club.

Well done, it's so much nicer when you use 'respectfully' in your insult. It seems that you are the one struggling to 'live with it'.

You have not got a clue. :)

Who has revised history?

The facts are there.

They cannot be denied.

I disagree. At least he responds in detail and deals in facts. You pass off your opinion as facts which is entirely different.

Who has revised history?

The facts are there.

They cannot be denied.

I disagree. At least he responds in detail and deals in facts. You pass off your opinion as facts which is entirely different.

What facts has he given. :)

Who has revised history?

The facts are there.

They cannot be denied.

This.

Who has revised history?

The facts are there.

They cannot be denied.

This.

Where have i said that they have anything to do with our club at the moment.

Ah Minstral, still spinning I see. Read it again and look at the tense please. Your opening post Minstral, that's where you suggest it.

Ah Minstral, still spinning I see. Read it again and look at the tense please. Your opening post Minstral, that's where you suggest it.

Read it again and tell me where i said we still are connected. :)