Reason Behind The New Shirt Farce

So for months and months this debate has been carrying on about the new kit and yet silence from the club on the situation. speculation was rife on here until the club finally revealed the shirt would be released on 16th july (sort of) and will be revealed next week.

This week I finally learnt the truth behind the whole kit farce:

Rangers FC were in talks with Champion (ffs) to manufacture our kit for next season. Champion has recently moved into football kits such as Wales and Wigan last season. JJB also became their exclusive distributor at the start of 2008. Following a complete nosedive in sales however JJB have decided to drop Champion and therefore advised Rangers not to enter into the deal. This resulted in a last minute rushed 1-year-extension with Umbro being brokered recently. The late deal resulted in Umbro not being given enough time to manufacture and distribute the mass number of shirts required by a club of our size in time.

Rangers have therefore announced to JJB that the shirt will be released on July 16th in Rangers Megastores, however no other JJB store will recieve the shirts until the end of July/start of August. They have advised JJB to get supporters to mail order their shirts direct if they want them before August. What a disgrace for a club of our stature.

My main worries are:

1) The club didnt just explain the situation to the supporters instead of leaving us in the dark

2) We were nearly Champion!!

3) Due to the last minute deal we will just have one of Umbro's poor tacky templates

4) JJB nationwide will have grey and green hoops in stock but no Rangers shirts

5) The club will not have sufficient stock levels to meet demand from mail order customers

So for months and months this debate has been carrying on about the new kit and yet silence from the club on the situation. speculation was rife on here until the club finally revealed the shirt would be released on 16th july (sort of) and will be revealed next week.

Rangers FC were in talks with Champion (ffs) to manufacture our kit for next season. Champion has recently moved into football kits such as Wales and Wigan last season. JJB also became their exclusive distributor at the start of 2008. Following a complete nosedive in sales however JJB have decided to drop Champion and therefore advised Rangers not to enter into the deal. This resulted in a last minute rushed 1-year-extension with Umbro being brokered recently. The late deal resulted in Umbro not being given enough time to manufacture and distribute the mass number of shirts required by a club of our size in time.

Rangers have therefore announced to JJB that the shirt will be released on July 16th in Rangers Megastores, however no other JJB store will recieve the shirts until the end of July/start of August. They have advised JJB to get supporters to mail order their shirts direct if they want them before August. What a disgrace for a club of our stature.

My main worries are:

1) The club didnt just explain the situation to the supporters instead of leaving us in the dark

3) Due to the last minute deal we will just have one of Umbro's poor tacky templates

5) The club will not have sufficient stock levels to meet demand from mail order customers

I think most of your main concerns are unfounded, but I'd like to know why you think number 4 is a change from the current arrangement? The thing I've been most disappointed with about the JJB deal is the lack of profile put on our kits in their shops. I was in JJB the other day, and Celtc shirts were there in abundance, but I didn't see a single Rangers shirt :anguish:

Jamzie73, where abouts (or should I say FurryBoots) in Aberdeenshire are you from? I'm staying in Kintore just now, and any contact with non-sheep-molesters up here wouldn't go amiss. (tu)

My main worries are:

I think most of your main concerns are unfounded, but I'd like to know why you think number 4 is a change from the current arrangement? The thing I've been most disappointed with about the JJB deal is the lack of profile put on our kits in their shops. I was in JJB the other day, and Celtc shirts were there in abundance, but I didn't see a single Rangers shirt :anguish:

Jamzie73, where abouts (or should I say FurryBoots) in Aberdeenshire are you from? I'm staying in Kintore just now, and any contact with non-sheep-molesters up here wouldn't go amiss. (tu)

I live in the bloo toon (peterheid) (tu)

My main worries are:

Intresting bit of info there.

This is what annoyes me. Everyones kit was coming out execpt ours. And not a word form Rangers.

I don't know the bran that well, but as long as it's nice i'm not fussed who is the kit maker. Nike made some shite kits. Diadora made a cracker.

I'm affriad this may be the case. But maybe the dely was to give them enough time to make a decent one?

JJB are shite. Total shite. Even if this wasn't rushed they would have hardly anything Rangers in store. Bring back the Rangers shops!

I think they will. Hopefully.

I think in short over the years, JJB have screwed us over, BIG TIME! Can't wait till the contract with them is over with

any idea how long left? bring back the rangers shops on the high street!

Haha not till 2016 but the way things are going these days you could probably expect the contract to be ripped up soon ie. Setanta

i think there are 7 or 8 years left with JJB.

One of the main reasons JJB never has Rangers shirts is because of..... UMBRO!!

as a gers fan working there it annoys me so much that the septic shirts are always in stock but ours arent. it is because umbro seem to make a set number of shirts per season and once they are gone that is it, hence only a handful of last seasons shirts being available and most of those being XXXL or more!!

nike on the other hand keep stock levels of the mhanky mobs shirts high and therefore they are always on show

I think in short over the years, JJB have screwed us over, BIG TIME! Can't wait till the contract with them is over with

any idea how long left? bring back the rangers shops on the high street!

Haha not till 2016 but the way things are going these days you could probably expect the contract to be ripped up soon ie. Setanta

oh man long time, cant blame murray for signing up to it though for the money side of things, but i think the rangers shops must have made more revenue for us?

everyone knows umbro is cheap shite

everyone knows champion is embarassing

everyone knows jjb stock more septic stuff than rangers

i was in jjb hermy gate last week, absolutely NO Rangers stuff, septic gear plastered/massive sectionS everywhere, i enquired where i could get gers stuff and the lad told me to goto livingston!

a shitey deal with a cheap shite company, murray desperate, another mistake and more evidence he is bad for us.

champion!!!!!!!!!!! just how much downsizing can this man do? umbro is bad enough, but fvcking champion!!!!?!!?

get back to adidas, bin jjb deal, get the shops back and bin carling.

its a disgrace.

get it sorted Rangers.

what a turn off!

My main worries are:

absolute rubbish!

umbro was a five year deal and this is the final year!

prehaps season after next but i doubt it!

I would actually refuse to buy a Rangers top if it was made by Champion. I can't believe we would even contemplate going with them, assuming the story is true.

This just shows the true business skills of Martin Bain.... We need to get with the Nike or Addidas brands so that we can sell our shirts worldwide and increase our brnad. Thats what sellick have done and i hate to say it, they have done well. We missed the Japanese boat too. We need to get the finger out and start to spread our appeal. We need the extra revenue that this would bring. By having a crappy company make our kits will just embarass our support and we will sell less shirts full stop. I dont want to be seen in a champion shirt or Diadora. Its not just snobbery, its more the red neck of it all. A badly run club

My main worries are:

:D

It's laugh or cry , and I'm all out of tissues.

My main worries are:

Total garbage, what a pile of crap.

Umbro deal is not an extension, it is the last year of the contract. And the new top is a belter.

Fuck me - all this speculation based on a rumour !!!

Name a source or at least substantiate what you have said in the OP.

Good point,there's no proof any of it is true so i'm not bothered by it.