Reason Behind The New Shirt Farce

Well i think there is some truth in it.

Why for example will the top only be available initially online and then only 2 JJB shops?

Why have fans just found out the launch date 16 days before it happens?

Other clubs launch dates where set in stone in mid-may and launched mid-late June - we have the JJB deal yet the new top will only be available in 2 of their stores <cr>

Something fishy happened this summer with Rangers-Umbro-JJB you must admit that.

i love how as soon as you try and tell others on here about something they automatically assume its all garbage. people just dont like to think that our great club can be so inept when it comes to business.

i recieved all of the information from a phone call at JJB (where I work) we were told by email that we wouldnt be getting the new kit on launch day or even the following couple of weeks. As a store which makes a hell of a lot of money on Rangers shirts, and as a Gers fan I was outraged by this so contacted the replica department who explained what I have just relayed back to you.

The four year sponsorship deal with Umbro began in 2005. This meant they provided our kits for 2005/06, 06/07, 07/08 and 08/09. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article....mp;in_page_id=2. I suggest people look at facts before merely brushing comments aside as speculation claiming we were still under Umbro's contract.

Having seen the new kit since posting originally I am more than happy that Umbro have finally produced a kit worthy of Glasgow Rangers FC, rather than the usual cheap shite, however I still stand by the statement that the shirt process this year was a farce and it is terrible that us fans have been left in the dark.

i love how as soon as you try and tell others on here about something they automatically assume its all garbage. people just dont like to think that our great club can be so inept when it comes to business.

i recieved all of the information from a phone call at JJB (where I work) we were told by email that we wouldnt be getting the new kit on launch day or even the following couple of weeks. As a store which makes a hell of a lot of money on Rangers shirts, and as a Gers fan I was outraged by this so contacted the replica department who explained what I have just relayed back to you.

The four year sponsorship deal with Umbro began in 2005. This meant they provided our kits for 2005/06, 06/07, 07/08 and 08/09. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article....mp;in_page_id=2. I suggest people look at facts before merely brushing comments aside as speculation claiming we were still under Umbro's contract.

Having seen the new kit since posting originally I am more than happy that Umbro have finally produced a kit worthy of Glasgow Rangers FC, rather than the usual cheap shite, however I still stand by the statement that the shirt process this year was a farce and it is terrible that us fans have been left in the dark.

Edit and pm'd: Because you are quite right, umbro deal started season 2005/6 not in 2006. Grey matter has gone mad, lol

worst move ever going in with them :angry:

Not financially. £4.8m annually with no costs is attractive. Total shambles re availability and distribution though.

Probably cost us a lot in exposure, promotion and awareness of the institution that is Rangers FC. A cost and value that cannot be pinned down perhaps.

Tough one to call, but that maybe reinforces the argument that it is not worth doing unless the overall gains were more significant.

The Umbro deal ended this summer and was extended by another year.

The Carling deal ends next summer.

http://www.plusmarketsgroup.com/PLUS_news_...80/GBX/PLUS-exn

The Rangers Football Club plc announced today that it has entered into a four year agreement with Umbro commencing at the start of the 2005/06 football season for Umbro to provide Rangers' kit and to be the Club's exclusive technical sportswear sponsor. In addition Umbro have been granted rights to distribute

replica kits and training products abroad.

2005/06

2006/07

2007/08

2008/09

As such, the Umbro deal ended this summer and the only confusing thing to me is why the extension hasn't been announced to PLUS. The JJB deal no doubt is playing its part because of the distribution conflicts but I've not heard any story about the brand Champion being involved.

the jjb deal on the whole has been a total farce in scotland their shops have hardly any rangers stuff and in england they have none whatsoever just like all the other sports shops but they all have rakes of celtic shirts also the rangers shop in falkirk sells barcelona shirts and a load of other garbage and wont do anything other than names on the back of shirts i wanted will be 52 when plg came in (luckily they didnt do it) and they refused, this seasons shirt though is very nice but its being realsed far too late and not having enough stock is pathetic

I think in short over the years, JJB have screwed us over, BIG TIME! Can't wait till the contract with them is over with

thats a releif for me i actually thought rangers sold the merchandising rights to jjb selling the rangers shops was a big mistake it gave us money but i still dont think it was wise