Could Kevin Thomson ..

I'm afraid not. I am a massive Kevin Thomson fan but;

If you are comparing him as a 'Great' up there with the likes of Davie Cooper, Ally McCoist, John Greig, Richard Gough, Andy Goram... then no. But he will become a very important player and vital part of our team in the coming years.

I think he could become a great player for many years, I just hope all this expectation of his return doesn't affect him and I hope people don't panic if he has a slow start which wouldn't surprise me after such a bad injury.

Potential captain.

every player that has the possibility of being a "rangers great" will at some point get an offer to go down south

That is the difference now Jardy, I can't really see there being another "rangers great" in a very long time. Every player that could be as you say will end up getting shipped down south sooner or later.

every player that has the possibility of being a "rangers great" will at some point get an offer to go down south

Thats the real test in my opinion. If they say no to go down they will be a Rangers great and if they say yes then they are just like others.

could be a rangers great if he didnt want to leave, my guess is he will be off to the premiership just like every other asset murray has had at our club.

i wouldnt give him the captaincy unless he publicly stated he was going nowhere, no matter who is interested.

a very good player, but im not convinced by his loyalty yet, wait till SDM accepts an offer for him, then we will see if hes Rangers Captain material.

get well soon tommo, cant wait to see you breaking up play, running the midfield and scoring goals too, just do what you do.

heed up lad

;)

Absolutley no chance, a Rangers great is a great player. Thomson at his very best is a good player - the leap from good to great takes excellent footballing ability, consistancy and makes the fans want to watch them, I dont think Thomson brings any of that. He's a hardworking player and a steady eddie type but he wouldn't have got near a Rangers squad in the best periods of our History.

I think to be classed a great, you have to be the idol of the fans, where fans want to go and see you as an individual playing in every match and when they leave you feel gutted and will always remember going to games when he'd be playing and how much his quality is now missed. Just won't happen with Thomson and added to that they have to perform consistantl and for a long enough time period atleast 4+ years.

Thommo in 2 and a half years at Ibrox has only averaged 25 games a year, out the 25 a year your lucky if 5/25 could be classed as a good performance. I think he's over-rated and don't see how people seem to rate him above Davis, Davis has a far better chance of being a great in future even though again id say Davis won't reach that either. If Mo Edu was Scottish he'd be easily ahead of Thomson in the pecking order as it took Thomson about 18 months to start performing decenty on a regular basis and he came from the SPL, as soon as Mo got a run he was performing well consistantly and he's come from the USA.

when Thomson returns from injury and if he recovers his form he will be sold in the 1st transfer window available

you negative so and so :pipe:, oh and i gaurentee that will not happen as he hasn't had enough playing time for him to be spotted by scouts even when next january comes round

Not yet no. He has only had 1 good seasons worth (it would be more if it wasnt for that injury). Lets give him some time and not put too much pressure on him. He is a fantastic player and was sorely missed after the Killie game. I think he has it in him to be a great if it all goes well, but as a prevous op wrote.."money talks".

Really looking forward for the start of the season though.