Setanta

rabness

Setanta Aus will still be showing all of the SPL matches on our channel as normal.

Setanta Aus is a completely separate company to Setanta UK and as such our broadcasting rights including the SPL are agreed between Setanta Aus and the specific agent for a specific region. This allows Setanta Aus to broadcast matches within our agreed area (I.E Australia). These rights are sold on a regional basis, thus allowing ESPN and Sky to have the broadcast rights for the UK without affecting our channel here in Aus - and in a similar way the demise of Setanta UK having a minimal affect on Setanta Aus.

I hope this helps.

Setanta Aus

Great News for us lot over here :gerbad:

I read about this and must say it's a huge relief. Wasn't sure if I'd get to see Rangers play this season. I know this isn't Rangers related but the rest of the leagues are unaffected as well right? I love watching the big games from Serie A, Ligue 1, Eredivisie and Bundesliga and Fox Sports and ESPN have none of these.

I read about this and must say it's a huge relief. Wasn't sure if I'd get to see Rangers play this season. I know this isn't Rangers related but the rest of the leagues are unaffected as well right? I love watching the big games from Serie A, Ligue 1, Eredivisie and Bundesliga and Fox Sports and ESPN have none of these.

I believe so brissyger, as this is the second time i have asked them and both times they have replied with, Setanta Australia is a totally seperate entity, so they will have contracts will all the leagues seperate from the now defunct Sentanta UK. :gerbad:

Will you still have scott booth :anguish:

Scot Booth was and is far better than the Australian commentry we get on Australian SBS believe me, they do nothing but slate the game whilst they are commentating! Lack of skill, tactics, wrong substituitions, everything really areseholes they are!

I suppose we will get whoever is doing it for ESPN/SKY!

Will you still have scott booth :anguish:

Scot Booth was and is far better than the Australian commentry we get on Australian SBS believe me, they do nothing but slate the game whilst they are commentating! Lack of skill, tactics, wrong substituitions, everything really areseholes they are!

I suppose we will get whoever is doing it for ESPN/SKY!

I agree far better than Simon Hill and the Fox Sports panel of Mark Bosnich and Robbie Slater :anguish:

Count yourselves lucky. Down here in South Africa, we were treated to quite a few games on Supersport 2 years ago, most Old Firm games and of course the UEFA Cup run. Last year, f all, and i'm sure it'll be the same this year. Oh well, at least we got the World Cup to look forward to next year...C'MON SCOTLAND!