Managers Mail - Straight from Wattie !

;):):sherlock:

Under Starter's Orders

Welcome to the first of my messages direct from Murray Park at the end of what has been a busy first week of training for the new campaign.

Throughout the season I'll bring you the latest from inside the club as we aim to defend the SPL title that we worked so hard to win last season.

Your support in that campaign was gratefully received and the success we had has allowed us to give the squad a slightly longer break over the summer and it's clear already that they are benefitting from that.

The mood is good and the players all look refreshed after another lengthy campaign that ended so well back in May.

Training has been going well as we build towards our pre-season tour of Germany next week and the start of matches again.

We have an excellent schedule before the season kicks off with three German sides providing us with a good level of opposition.

Then we have big matches against Manchester City and Portsmouth after we visit the Emirates Tournament in early August.

Those games give us a chance to get the players some valuable game time to add to the general fitness they build up in two weeks here at the training ground.

They also allow us to focus on getting everybody up to speed for the start of the season in August as we aim to get off to a better start than we did 12 months ago.

Winning the championship last season and gaining direct entry to the Champions League means we can keep our focus on the SPL kick off without the concern that naturally comes with European qualification matches.

So we have an extra few weeks to fine tune things this season and I hope you'll see the benefit when the action kicks off again.

We look forward to your support again this year.

Walter Smith

Well said Walter, good to see some engagement with the fans, I mean its often said the club have lost touch with the fans and vice versa. Regular letters such as this from Wattie are to be welcomed as he talks sense and with what he says there I'm looking forward to this season so much as I have a feeling it will be a good one. WATP