LCB----------------------Weir

M-------------------------Thomson------------------------Fleck

M-------------------------Davis----------------------------Niguez

M-------------------------Mendes-------------------------BEASLEY/GOW/MCCULLOCH

M-------------------------Edu------------------------------ADAM

CF------------------------Boyd----------------------------Lafferty/NAISMITH

CF------------------------Miller----------------------------Novo/VELICKA

Webster On loan

To my mind, we need to sell two midfielders and two centre forwards of the above squad. If we then buy a centre back, which we desperately need, that is the squad down to 21. The youths could make up any shortfall.

How do you all see the above? What changes would you make?

McCulloch, and Broadfooot are also cover for CB as is Papac plus we have the boy Wilson who most seem to think warrants a few games to see if he can step up. Although I personally would prefer we got semior cover as well.

McCulloch, and Broadfooot are also cover for CB as is Papac plus we have the boy Wilson who most seem to think warrants a few games to see if he can step up. Although I personally would prefer we got semior cover as well.

You're spot on with that of course BP9, i would still prefer to have someone of the quality of Bougherra/Weir in front of the ones you've mentioned though tbh (tu)

i would still quite happily see us selling gow, mcculloch, adam, velicka,broadfoot and beasley. We have quality in the youth squads but i think we could easily sell these 6 senior players and bring in 2 QUALITY signings along with the youth players. If we got 2 players of the quality of davis and bougherra it would be far better than having those 6 rather average players in the squad. Danny wilson is a fantastic prospect for centre back but he had his chance to play several times last year and smith went with dailly and/or mcculloch. Makes you wonder if he will get his chances this year.

Broadfoot is out til november, so it leaves us short of a RB and Centre back cover... mcculloch for RB?

only position he's ever performed reasonably well in for us is Defensive Mid surprisingly.

But a club of our stature shouldn't need to play a defensive mid as that generally means your going 451.