Told you all

reddrock

Madjid Bougherra has pledged to stay with Rangers despite strong interest in his services from Bordeaux.

The Algeria international defender, who moved to Ibrox from Charlton in a £2.5million deal 12 months ago, had emerged as a target for Les Girondins.

But Bougherra insists he has no plans to leave Walter Smith's side and is looking forward to the challenge of UEFA Champions League football this season.

He said: "I love it here. It is a great and very big club. I have settled here and my progress is going like I want.

"I told Bordeaux thank-you for their interest but it is great for me to play for Rangers.

"I prefer to stay here, the Champions League is also here."

I don't see why you are giving it the I "told you all" because at the end of the day words mean nothing.

I could easily pull out a Cuellar-Rangers love story from this time a year ago and we all know what happened there.

At the end of the day I want, and hope, that Bougherra stays.

But the pessimist in me thinks that the Bordeaux story has rocked the boat and if you ask me it's the first sign of any player working his ticket.

I don't see why you are giving it the I "told you all" because at the end of the day words mean nothing.

I could easily pull out a Cuellar-Rangers love story from this time a year ago and we all know what happened there.

At the end of the day I want, and hope, that Bougherra stays.

But the pessimist in me thinks that the Bordeaux story has rocked the boat and if you ask me it's the first sign of any player working his ticket.

Carlos never told Aston Villa he was staying at Rangers but, he moved at the first chance he could... now if we had a bid accepted for Bougherra, then it would get interesting