Walter on 'having a younger group' and on Fleck

Boab

I wondered how long it would take for the lee mculloch pish to start on any thread about youth.

Mculloch played once/twice on the left all season last year yet people persist with this pointless criticisim. I think he showed he is legitimate cover at c/h and defensive mid and i am not paniced to see him playing in either position if people are injured.

Really?

What bad games did he have at c/h ?

1 or 2 I recall but can't remember the team names right now.

Give him a run in his natural position. No point playing him out on the left.

So what is his natural position and who are we dropping ?

Kenny Miller for me, assuming he's starting in a 2 with Kris Boyd.

You seriosuly think John Fleck has more to offer rangers right now than kenny miller....i have seen nothing to suggest that.....

Yes but then I'd also have Lafferty and Boyd together too.

IMO his natural position is just off the striker/strikers and in front of the midfield.

At this moment in time I wouldn't have him as first choice but if he is going to play we should play him where we will see the best of him.

So who we dropping ?

You can't drop anyone when the season as not started yet :pipe:

But I have a feeling we will play 4-3-3 this year and that could mean Fleck playing in his more natural position. But we will see.

You seriosuly think John Fleck has more to offer rangers right now than kenny miller....i have seen nothing to suggest that.....

Yes but then I'd also have Lafferty and Boyd together too.

You must have seen a lot of fleck in the youths then boab as i have seen nothign to suggest he would match millers assist and goal tally right now but i fully accept he should surpass miller in years to come if he keeps on going in the right direction

IMO his natural position is just off the striker/strikers and in front of the midfield.

At this moment in time I wouldn't have him as first choice but if he is going to play we should play him where we will see the best of him.

So who we dropping ?

You can't drop anyone when the season as not started yet :pipe:

But I have a feeling we will play 4-3-3 this year and that could mean Fleck playing in his more natural position. But we will see.

Going by last seasons team, who look like they will still be together come the start of the season.....

You must have seen a lot of fleck in the youths then boab as i have seen nothign to suggest he would match millers assist and goal tally right now but i fully accept he should surpass miller in years to come if he keeps on going in the right direction

(tu)

I do rate Fleck quite, even right now and would quite happy have him in front of Miller.

I wondered how long it would take for the lee mculloch pish to start on any thread about youth.

Mculloch played once/twice on the left all season last year yet people persist with this pointless criticisim. I think he showed he is legitimate cover at c/h and defensive mid and i am not paniced to see him playing in either position if people are injured.

Really?

What bad games did he have at c/h ?

1 or 2 I recall but can't remember the team names right now.

hearts at home when we were 2-0 up and cruising. Hard to decide who was the worst between him and dailly in the second half of that game. Schoolboys can defende better. Mcculloch is not a centre half and never will be. Just becauses hes done "ok" in a couple of games ( which he has done) doesnt mean we should be happy to rely on him as cover for centre half. We need players good in their positions, not players who do ok because there are played out of position Hes an accident waiting to happen, we got away with it just about last year but i wouldnt want to risk it again. I would far rather play danny wilson there, at least hes a natural centre back.

Fleck's never had the chance to show anyone what he can do while he's wasted out on the left.

me neither really

I don't buy into that at all......

it is about time we did start bringing throught the youngsters, as we will prob need as many of them as possible as it

could turn out to be a long season like 2007-08 as we are in europe. and we will have injury's and suspensions!

i would love to see fleck giving a longer spell in the team to develop. as he will need games to get better.

iam happy with the current squad, but we do need to get rid of mc culloch and adam.

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Wilson Papac

Davis Edu Thomson

Fleck Aaron

Boyd

Try that in a friendly and see what happens. I think it could be fantastic!

Looking at it again, Lafferty in place of Boyd.

:drool: