The Left Wing!?

Muff

You really think Walter Smith will play 4-3-3 in Old Firm, and Champions League games. I also can't see him lining up that way when we go to harder places like Tynecastle, and Pittodrie.

We are needing someone in the midfield, preferably the left side, who possesses a bit of pace, skill, consistancy, ability, quality, and has a good delivery on him, someone who can hurt teams.

At times we are far to pedestrian, and that is one of our major downfalls.

I would love us to play a 4-3-3 but there is a very good chance it will be 4-4-2 again.

As long as it is not a midfield 4 of; Davis---Mendes---Edu---Thomson.

If we are playing 4-4-2 it has to be played with 2 wingers, not players shoehorned into positions.

We don't have the personnel to play 4-4-2, especially when we play with 4 central midfielders.

I'd like to see us go 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-3 with the right personnel.

I think we'll be ok there this season tbh. Although some have already been tried at left wing I think we have 4 players that should be competing for that role. ( Aaron, Fleck, Naismith, Beasley. )

I think this is a big season for all 4 of these players for varying reasons and Im confident at least one of them will prove his quality to all.

I think it is worth mentioning though that not bringing in another centre half will prove to be a major error.

If Adam is still here, we'll no doubt see him out on the left, especially in Champions League, and Old Firm games :(

Why do people always assume Walter will make the same selections he made one/two seasons ago when he had a totally different squad. If you actually examine this accusation it doesn’t really hold up…..

If Adam is still here, we'll no doubt see him out on the left, especially in Champions League, and Old Firm games :(

Why do people always assume Walter will make the same selections he made one/two seasons ago when he had a totally different squad. If you actually examine this accusation it doesn’t really hold up…..

Adam played there only last season actually, at Tollcross.

Adam played there only last season actually, at Tollcross.

<cr>

I like the idea of a 4-3-1-2 but not sure if Walter will be playing that.

Alexander

Whittaker...Weir/???...Bougherra...Papac

Davis....Edu/Mendes....Thomson

Lafferty

Boyd....Miller/Naismith

This could be turned into a 4-5-1, 4-4-2 or a 4-4-3 at any time with that line up.....could be effective, yet again i will await and count the amount of folk that will come on here and dismiss this line up.